Do something about Multi-boxing in TB

85 Human Death Knight
It is not a unique style of play in PVP. It is cheating plain and simple. Especially so since an outside program is employed to coordinate movements of the characters across different accounts. He isn’t individually controlling the movement of each account therefore no skill or technique is involved. On this realm you often get put in TB with 6 vs 6 or some similar low number. Multi-boxing makes TB worthless and pointless when half or more of the other team ends up being a mult-boxer that uses a bot to coordinate hits.
Edited by Casandrak on 10/25/2011 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hear you, but they bring $ to blizzard do why would they care ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Casandrak,

I am a unique snowflake, and you can't say otherwise! Don't make me tell my mom on you!

But seriously, I'm no different than if 5 separate players of my skill level joined Tol Barad. You lost because you were outplayed, not because multiboxing is "cheating", it's not. It merely reflects my skill as a player into those 5 slots that I take up. Multiboxers actually tend to be at more of a disadvantage compared to separate players, but I won't get into that.

I'm sorry that the multiboxing community of Coilfang has upset you, I really am. We aren't breaking any rules, however. Multiboxing has been around even prior to the existence of World of Warcraft, and it will be around long after it dies.

It's a very different, challenging and fun way to play the game. You don't seem to understand exactly how multiboxing works, you may way to do some research or try it yourself before passing misinformed judgement. It's not exactly easy to do effectively.

With love and always yours,
Xexyz/Othello of <Origin>
Edited by Xexyz on 10/28/2011 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sure, in arenas 5v5 you will be at disadvantage if opponents got half a brain, but in mass pvp like tb where you have usually 3 heals keeping you alive is an advantage. Hell, even in world pvp it takes coordination to kill you and you can't expect from some random people in bg to rotate cc and focus your lead toon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/29/2011 07:12 AMPosted by Simplehuman
Sure, in arenas 5v5 you will be at disadvantage if opponents got half a brain, but in mass pvp like tb where you have usually 3 heals keeping you alive is an advantage. Hell, even in world pvp it takes coordination to kill you and you can't expect from some random people in bg to rotate cc and focus your lead toon.

General 5v1 world PvP I have the advantage, sure, but any group of 5 would. This actually doesn't happen too often. It's especially not something to complain about, we're on a PvP realm, you're going to die/get ganked/get camped/etc, it's what you signed up for.

As soon as the odds become even, the group of separate people are more likely to win. If I'm taking you out during the Tol Barad battle it's because your team can't work together with one another well enough. That's not really my, nor any other group who chooses to queue together and use vent/skype, problem.

Nothing is stopping your team from being organized, rally people into vent and coordinate with one another. Your last post basically just insulted your own faction by saying that the Alliance doesn't even have "half a brain", since they're unable to beat me.
Edited by Xexyz on 10/29/2011 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh plz, get seven random people in vent. Are we talking about rbgs or mass world pvp. How about you stop using outside programs to control your toons and we'll call it fair. I don't know what's more pathetic, blizzard allowing this kind of boting or you paying for 5 accounts just to kill some alts or randoms in bg. whatever tb is dead and you're one of the reasons nobody goes there anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2011 09:57 AMPosted by Simplehuman
Oh plz, get seven random people in vent. Are we talking about rbgs or mass world pvp. How about you stop using outside programs to control your toons and we'll call it fair. I don't know what's more pathetic, blizzard allowing this kind of boting or you paying for 5 accounts just to kill some alts or randoms in bg. whatever tb is dead and you're one of the reasons nobody goes there anymore.

Your disorganization is not my problem, you don't regulate a game based upon what the lowest tier of players can accomplish. If you want a more organized team start rallying your guild to queue with you. They'll listen, right?

TB is more of a battleground than anything, since the teams are evened out. You seem to be really ignorant to what actually goes into multiboxing in PvP effectively. I'm tired of explaining it, I'm not going to sit here and hold your hand through it. I doubt you'd listen to reason anyways, you seem to have already made up your mind about the play-style.

I'm actually glad that I've demoralized the Alliance to that point. It means that I'm doing my job as a member of the Horde. It makes my heart flutter in pride that I can cause so much unsettlement by my presence alone.

See you in Tol Barad!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Its funny how you require alliance to be coordinated, yet you're using software to do it for you. as far as I know boxing takes lots of macros and some time to set everything up and getting used to it. Sorry if I don't see correlation between skill and ability to kill 4k resilience target in two globals or less. Its like somebody would argue that sub rogues in low level pvp takes skill while you kill everything in ambush eviscerate combo. I did that I must have been very skilled rogue then, right? And btw, it takes two factions to have successful tb.

Edit, its simple, forgot to switch toons.
Edited by Iliekmudkipz on 11/1/2011 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its funny how you require alliance to be coordinated, yet you're using software to do it for you. as far as I know boxing takes lots of macros and some time to set everything up and getting used to it. Sorry if I don't see correlation between skill and ability to kill 4k resilience target in two globals or less. Its like somebody would argue that sub rogues in low level pvp takes skill while you kill everything in ambush eviscerate combo. I did that I must have been very skilled rogue then, right? And btw, it takes two factions to have successful tb.

Edit, its simple, forgot to switch toons.

I don't require the Alliance to be coordinated. You're whining because your team is not coordinated, my suggestion was to help solve your problem. The disorganization of your team is not the problem of the opposing team. If you have a problem with the players on your team, bring people that you know are good.

There may be half a dozen Alliance on this server that I worry about, and you aren't one of them. The only people that give me a run for my money, and often take me out are Algoons + Zomberts & co., and Maru.

"As far as you know", like I said, you're making baseless assumptions on what it takes to multibox effectively in PvP. It sounds like you know nothing about multiboxing other than some generic whining you've heard from others or your own conclusions. Anybody can multibox, that doesn't mean they can do it well. Just like anybody can play a frost mage, that doesn't mean they're any good at it.

My "software" doesn't coordinate anything for me. All my "software" does is broadcast my keystrokes to every WoW client, nothing more. If you wanted to get some friends and set up some assist macros go right ahead! Let me know how that works out for your group. Everything I do in game is available to you too. Beware though, the latency associated with these features is often longer than it would be if you had just called it in vent.

If you think managing 5 characters simultaneously is somehow easy for one person, I'd like to hear your argument. Especially considering that I'm playing two roles at the same time. I have to manage the movements and cooldowns of each of my death knights, who they're attacking, what I'm using to attack, who to silence, everything combat related that normally should be split amongst 4 people ON TOP OF worrying about who I need to heal, what I should be using to heal, who I should CC/interrupt on my paladin.

If you genuinely think that sounds easier than playing a single character then please pose your argument to me. I really want to hear it.

In Tol Barad where the bodies are even, if you lose against me with even odds either you, or your teammates are to blame, not my multiboxing. Sorry.
Edited by Xexyz on 11/1/2011 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
My first post in da WoW forums in like... well since I started back in April.

They needa do somethin' about multiboxers in BGs in general. Especially since I think it was either yesterday or da day b4 I was in a group we fough a "boxer" an' we were tryna get da flag, but no dice. We won da damn thing, but it coulda gone a lot smoother.

EDIT: I also remember da famous boxer of Aegwynn who went by "Prepared." I was on dat realm those 2+ years ago. 33 shaman.
Edited by Gauntlets on 11/2/2011 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid

They needa do somethin' about multiboxers in BGs in general. Especially since I think it was either yesterday or da day b4 I was in a group we fough a "boxer" an' we were tryna get da flag, but no dice. We won da damn thing, but it coulda gone a lot smoother.

EDIT: I also remember da famous boxer of Aegwynn who went by "Prepared." I was on dat realm those 2+ years ago. 33 shaman.

Your sometimes proper and sometimes improper use of the English language gave me a nosebleed. You managed to (perhaps accidentally) affix an apostrophe to the end of "something" to indicate a substitution for the letter G as well as properly capitalize the first word in each sentence, but then consistently replaced the word "the" with "da," as though you were trying to throw us off of the scent that you're capable of using proper English.

I'm on to you, you sneaky chap. Your clever use of "b4" can't fool me.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Wanna make out?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sad that Simplehuman didn't come back. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Your sometimes proper and sometimes improper use of the English language gave me a nosebleed. You managed to (perhaps accidentally) affix an apostrophe to the end of "something" to indicate a substitution for the letter G as well as properly capitalize the first word in each sentence, but then consistently replaced the word "the" with "da," as though you were trying to throw us off of the scent that you're capable of using proper English.

I'm on to you, you sneaky chap. Your clever use of "b4" can't fool me.

I swear 2 Christ if I had a dollar 4 every grammar !@#$ dat came my way I wouldn't have 2 worry about payin' 4 WoW or workin' in general! I mean seriously! I can laugh at ur failure right now. If one can understand it, then y bash it? It's just like bashin' an Asian IRL cuz his first language isn't English an' he sometimes mispronounces words!

Seriously! Common sense should b called "uncommon sense." Cuz if it was common, I wouldn't run into so many stupid pplz! Now can we get back on topic plz?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Nope. New topic: The fact that you're capable of proper English but make the conscious decision to do it wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This topic has made me start queuing up for TB more often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/04/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Shiftygresh
Nope. New topic: The fact that you're capable of proper English but make the conscious decision to do it wrong.

If they wanna make it againts da ToS 4 me 2 speak dis way, then so be it! Don't troll me or any1 else 4 things such as typing!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]