Cancel Multiple Auctions

85 Gnome Rogue
I'd really like to see a way to cancel multiple auctions simultaniously.

As a scribe, I often have upwards of 200 auctions going at one time, just in glyphs. My situation is that I put all my glyphs up before I leave for work, then come home 9 hours later with the majority of my auctions being undercut, with 3 hours left. Instead of waiting for the time to run out, I'd like to see a way where I can cancel all unsold/unbid auctions.

My proposal:

If there were a checkbox next to all auctions so that they can be "selected", you could choose multiple at a time. Say, you could have a "Select All" and "Select None" button, or select them individually in your auction list. When you're done selecting you can hit the "Cancel all selected" button, and have a single confirmation box pop up reminding you that you lose your deposit fees, etc.

To go even further though, another option would be to add an "extend auction" option, where you can extend the auction by 12 or 24 hours, up to 48 hours, and you are charged the appropriate deposit fee. This way, you could totally avoid your auction times running out, but you couldn't adjust the price to repost. This feature wouldn't be as useful for items that have high competition, but would be for rarer items that you'd keep reposting at the same price.

Just a couple thoughts to try to make auctioneering a little simpler.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
10/27/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Shadowflåme
I don't see any problems with this. As long as the fee for reposting is larger than the fee for canceling and then reposting.

It's essentially the same thing, so it would be priced accordingly.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
10/27/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Bumbuster
The mod auctioneer is calling your name.

I use auctioneer. To my knowledge there is no option like this available. You still have to cancel/repost.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I think this would be a great addition to the AH. I'm on the AH everyday doing JC on this toon or on my banker alt and something like this would make it doing my auctions much faster. Sometimes it feels like most of my time spent in game is on the AH rather then actually out doing things in game.

10/27/2011 01:34 PMPosted by Bumbuster
The mod auctioneer is calling your name.

I don't recall seeing that option with that add on.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
TradeSkillMaster allows you to set up a macro that binds the "cancel auction" command to your mouse scrollwheel.

Click the button to process all your auctions, spin the scrollwheel a few times, done - you just cancelled 300 auctions in ten or fifteen seconds. If it were any easier than that, it might as well just handle every detail of your auctions for you.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
TradeSkillMaster allows you to set up a macro that binds the "cancel auction" command to your mouse scrollwheel.

Click the button to process all your auctions, spin the scrollwheel a few times, done - you just cancelled 300 auctions in ten or fifteen seconds. If it were any easier than that, it might as well just handle every detail of your auctions for you.

I'll check that out. Does TSM let you cancel multiple specific auctions instead of just blanketing all of them?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Switch to auctionator instead of auctioneer (specially if you use it only to buy / sell / cancel). You can "scan" all your auction, it will flag all the auction "undercut" by other people ... you got a nice "cancel" button that you spam and thats it.

If you want to get in the real league ... I suggest to learn how to use TradeSkillMaster (and all the module).à

- One button smashing to post all your glyph and undercut people automatically
- One button smashing to cancel all the glyph you got undercut by other people.
- One button smashing to craft new glyph you're missing at teh AH.

Here a "TSM Guide"

http://consortium.stormspire.net/consortium-quality-guides/1625-guide-trade-skill-master-addon.html
Edited by Earthquakes on 10/27/2011 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Thanks Earthquakes. Does TSM work alongside Auctioneer or Auctionator, or is it it's own seperate auction manager?

Here a "TSM Guide"

http://consortium.stormspire.net/consortium-quality-guides/1625-guide-trade-skill-master-addon.html

Taking a look now. It looks awesome. Thanks for the link.
Edited by Stalkyou on 10/27/2011 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Tanks Earthquakes. Does TSM work alongside Auctioneer or Auctionator, or is it it's own seperate auction manager?

You can use TSM + auctioneer / auctionator np even tho both do similar job. TSM wont modify your auction UI but simply add an additional "windows".

I use TSM + Auctionator.

TSM for selling / cancelling / crafting
Auctionator for buying and selling raw materials stuff because TSM don't support posting multiple size stack (ex: selling dust in stack of 5-10-20 and in single).

If you got any question feel free to log on my server and whisper me. TSM is an amazing add on seriously.

EDIT : BTW TSM Is a huge add on, but just like auctioneer you will probably end up using only 20% of it ... but its an amazing add on.
Edited by Earthquakes on 10/27/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]