<Midwinter> GDKP Dragon Soul 25 - 8/8 normal

85 Draenei Shaman
Midwinter runs a Dragon Soul 25 man GDKP each Saturday at 9pm server. For those of you who don't know what that means, it's essentially a pug run in which each item that drops is auctioned off to the highest bidder in the group. At the end of the run, the gold is distributed evenly back into the raid, with an equal share going to each person. For example, last week we went 8/8 Dragon Soul, final bids on all items totalled 1.37 million gold, so each player recieved 55k at the end in addition to the loot they won.

On top of that, there are often bargain items going for 5k. That's just 1/10th of what you can make from attending if the run is good.

Overall we are looking for a mix of players who can carry the run and players with gold to spend. If you have gold, you will find that gear and experience are not a major factor in your chance to get in the raid, so if you like playing the AH but don't get a chance to join successful pugs often, this is the run for you.

Each week's signup thread will be posted in the Pugwinter scheduling form over at www.mwguild.net. If you are a competent player who is familiar with the fights, and have some gold you're looking to spend on gear, go ahead and sign up.
Edited by Rassoodocks on 1/28/2012 9:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Bump!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Bump!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Now that progression is almost done and the holidays are over, we're running these again for Dragon Soul.

Did 4/8 last week for a 400k pot, but we expect more bosses to die this week, so more loot on offer. Head over to www.mwguild.net and sign up.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Went 8/8 in the GDKP this week for a total pool of 1.25 million gold. That's 50k per person from the pot at the end, not to mention all the gear you can win along the way.

Need more healers of different specs, and mail and agi users generally. Sign up on www.mwguild.net if you want in.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bump for this weekend.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Bump for next week. Consistently getting the pot over 1 million each week, almost 1.4m tonight. Sign up if interested at our website.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Priest
This is kInda funny, and kinda sad.

Dose the gear come with a nice sticker that say's "hey I was just carried!" ??

I mean if people have that much gold to waste I can always start a pay Elfian to comfort you fund. Ya know a kind of There There pat you on the back for having to pay for normal raid gear kinda thing.

OOOH! I know is this a scheme by Midwinter to get all the gold back for the items you over payed for when DS first came out? Not that I didn't enjoy one of your members paying me 35k for a pair of boots, and the 15k per epic gem.
Edited by Elfian on 1/30/2012 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
This is kInda funny, and kinda sad.

Dose the gear come with a nice sticker that say's "hey I was just carried!" ??

I mean if people have that much gold to waste I can always start a pay Elfian to comfort you fund. Ya know a kind of There There pat you on the back for having to pay for normal raid gear kinda thing.

OOOH! I know is this a scheme by Midwinter to get all the gold back for the items you over payed for when DS first came out? Not that I didn't enjoy one of your members paying me 35k for a pair of boots, and the 15k per epic gem.

Every raid has a methodology for loot distribution. It can be based on random chance (rolling need/greed), a subjective priority system (loot council), an objective priority system (DKP or similar loot/attendance points), you name it. In a GDKP each drop is auctioned, and at the end of the night the accumulated gold is distributed evenly between all attendees. MW doesn't run off with the gold at the end of the night.

And if a couple people are getting "carried" because they don't mind spending gold to jump-start their gearing or to pick up a few things for on alts for primarily PvP characters, what's wrong with that? It's just normal mode Dragon Soul; the run is smooth, the bosses die, and a good time is had by all. And if you're good enough to be one of the "carriers", then you're amply compensated for your time.

Personally, I greatly appreciate it. It's something to do with all the gold I've gathered this expansion.

Assuming we get any vanquisher tier drops this week, anyway. *shakes fists at the vile RNG gods*
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
People will honestly complain about anything.

It's a pug run which kills normal mode Madness every week and if you come, you leave with 40-50k gold in addition to whatever gear/gems/VP you get for the clear itself. What exactly is your issue again?

On decent servers people have been running GDKPs for years and they are incredibly popular and successful. Keep thinking it's some sort of evil conspiracy we've concocted if you want though.
Edited by Rassoodocks on 1/31/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Rassoodocks stinks of Kangaroo.
Edited by Cactipete on 1/31/2012 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
How much for the Elementium gem clusters per week?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
They are reserved for now. Once bio finishes his daggers we'll look at opening them up for bidding or something.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
How far off is he and i'd be willing to spend 2k-2.5k per cluster
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]