Level 1-39 Mail Gear, Plate and Transmog

85 Human Death Knight
Ok, I am more than a little irritated.

Blizzard, you know full well that all standard plate wearers were unable to wear plate from levels 1-39.

You know full well that we were forced to wear MAIL armor for those levels.

You also know full well that sets such as Scarlet Mail Armor were made for warriors and paladins.

I understand no on plate to cloth.

I understand not allowing plate wearers to look like hunters.

But, a great majority of MAIL Armor levels 1-39 was MADE to look like plate because NOBODY could learn Plate Armor Skill before level 40.

So why won't you allow level 1-39 mail gear be transmogrified onto Plate? Why won't you at least give some exceptions to the rule for Plate Classes so we can wear item sets such as Scarlet Mail?

There really is no justification here. The argument of "The person still needs to be recognized as a plate wearer" doesn't hold water in 1-39 mail cases, because of the design of the plate classes and the "warrior/paladin" mail armor that are levels 1-39 and made to look like it's half mail/plate for Warriors and Paladins.

Seriously. Give us some exceptions, or put a level 1-39 mail exception to the transmogrification concept.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Same could apply to level 1-39 leather in regards to Hunters and Shamans.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
11/01/2011 09:08 AMPosted by Kintara
Same could apply to level 1-39 leather in regards to Hunters and Shamans.

You're right, and I agree.

This really is an indefensible move by blizzard.

11/01/2011 09:08 AMPosted by Maehara
How about, instead of sounding demanding, you reword your post to be constructive and suggestive?

I had several "constructive and suggestive" threads on the boards. As did hundreds of others. They chose to ignore this major complaint by their player base.

I'm not demanding, I'm irritated and disappointed.
Reply Quote
16 Human Warlock

I had several "constructive and suggestive" threads on the boards. As did hundreds of others. They chose to ignore this major complaint by their player base.

They didn't choose to ignore it though. The CM's plainly stated that they were releasing the Transmog system first with restrictions, then they'd evaluate future changes as they see how things go.

What I'd suggest is starting off with certain iconic sets being offered up as replicas in the Darkmoon Faire along with the gear that can no longer be obtained. Make a plate version of those items.

Two mail sets off the top of my head that I spent much time farming for, or scouring the AH for, are the Scarlet Set, and the Blood Knight set. Both are very iconic for Paladins, the Blood Knight set especially so for Blood Elf paladins. After all that work and gold spent, neither of my paladins can use the mail items.

It's really up to players to keep on top of things after 4.3 hits and lay out constructive ideas to make sure the Devs know the issue is still on the table.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

They didn't choose to ignore it though. The CM's plainly stated that they were releasing the Transmog system first with restrictions, then they'd evaluate future changes as they see how things go.

What I'd suggest is starting off with certain iconic sets being offered up as replicas in the Darkmoon Faire along with the gear that can no longer be obtained. Make a plate version of those items.

Two mail sets off the top of my head that I spent much time farming for, or scouring the AH for, are the Scarlet Set, and the Blood Knight set. Both are very iconic for Paladins, the Blood Knight set especially so for Blood Elf paladins. After all that work and gold spent, neither of my paladins can use the mail items.

It's really up to players to keep on top of things after 4.3 hits and lay out constructive ideas to make sure the Devs know the issue is still on the table.

Except they know these sets exist.

They know Defias was used by Hunters.

They know that the Leather Armor from Wailing Caverns was used by Shaman.

They know that the Scarlet Set was designed for Warriors and Paladins.

They should've considered this and created level 1-39 exceptions, or immediately allowed those sets to be wearable. This is a discussion that has been going on for months now, and instead of trying to recognize what people are saying, Blizz seems to be digging in deeper to their convictions.

Now some things I 100% understand. I mean, invisible chest pieces are ridiculous. But instead of trying to meet players half way, what they did was they started to put even harsher restrictions on even OTHER like gear - did you know the pvp plate gear from level 60 isn't transmogrifiable for other higher level gear now?

Honestly, in a situation where Blizzard is under intense scrutiny you'd think they'd try to be more conciliatory towards their player base.

I'll stop posting for a while because it just boggles the mind all of the statements that've come out of blizz offices in the last 2 weeks. It's snowballing hard in a bad way.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I don't understand these complaints.

You aren't losing anything, here. Previously, platewearers wore mail from 1-39. These "iconic sets" that you want to wear that are mail, you only wore them from 1-39 (or however long it took you to replace them with plate).

Guess what?!

You can STILL wear their appearance from 1-39.

I mean, if there was somehow some super-awesome set of mail that paladins and warriors were wearing past level 40, and you suddenly couldn't use it to transmog because of the transmog restrictions, then perhaps I could see this argument. But as it is, it just makes no sense. You replaced these "iconic sets" with plate in the first place, and managed to do it without having a cow. What makes it suddenly unacceptable to have to replace them now?
Edited by Ravas on 11/1/2011 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I don't understand these complaints.

You aren't losing anything, here. Previously, platewearers wore mail from 1-39. These "iconic sets" that you want to wear that are mail, you only wore them from 1-39 (or however long it took you to replace them with plate).

Guess what?!

You can STILL wear their appearance from 1-39.

1. The character must own and be able to wear those sets (sets like Scarlet Mail were extremely difficult to farm, and could not be worn until mid 30s due to level restrictions).
2. The character must have enough money to transmog those sets (not entirely possible for those under 39).
3. You're now factually wrong because there's no way to get some of those sets. for the low level characters (Defias is still incomplete).

So, basically, you don't know what you're talking about.

The fact you don't understand how pissed off some people might be for being denied to wear the sets they've saved for 6-7 years really shows that you haven't been around as long as many other gamers.

The fact you don't get that some sets, such as Scarlet Mail are extremely hard to obtain, and rarely completed before mid level 30s, really shows that you don't care about other people who want to be able to transmog their plate gear to look like the gear they wore and worked hard to obtain at the appropriate level.

Next time, try to actually read and understand the context of the issue before posting.

There should be an exception for Plate Wearers to use level 1-39 mail as transmogrification to their plate gear. There should also be an exception for Hunters and Shaman to be able to use level 1-39 mail.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Eh, that's sorta the point of Transmog Ravas, is to wear armor that appeals to your fashion sense. However, SM armor has a set that looks similar already called the Ragesteel set. Albeit, it's not the same set, it does look very similar. Also, in MoP they are bringing Heroic SM from what I've heard. So, the impression that gave me is at level 90 you'll see the old SM armor make a comeback as plate.

Either way, Blizzard has to make special coding to allow classes to transmog a higher gear set to look like gear set they could previously wear that was viable. Albeit Warriors don't wear cloth or leather normally, when running low level dungeons you see warriors with robes and such at lvl 15. What's to keep a Warrior or paladin from saying they want to wear those robes from RFC, to bring back the memories from when they were noobs at a low level? Though I wish I could wear some of the 1-39 mail, I am too excited for this feature to worry about minor things like that.

I feel you should give them time to work out the small details like this, instead of making demands... Though I love Herod's shoulders, and wish I could use that one-shoulder look later as a plate wearer.
Edited by Mus on 11/1/2011 11:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
11/01/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Elineé
They should've considered this and created level 1-39 exceptions

Did you miss the part where the above poster reminded you that Transmog was being released with restrictions or are you just ignoring it?

You aren't being constructive at all, you are being a spoiled child because of something so inconsequential as to defy belief.

If you want something changed stop being a brat about it. Be constructive and most of all realize that change isn't going to happen over night. You seem to think this is somehow more important than every other aspect of 4.3 and the new system and you aren't doing yourself or others any favors acting like you are.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
11/01/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Morley
Did you miss the part where the above poster reminded you that Transmog was being released with restrictions or are you just ignoring it?

Did you miss the point where people have been arguing for this for over 2 months, where the Devs asked people to give specific examples of what should have exceptions, and then summarily ignored every request? They "claimed to have listened" but responded by adding heftier restrictions, rather than relieving some of the restrictions they mentioned in August/September. That's not listening.

The fact you refuse to acknowledge that the devs chose to place heavier restrictions than before shows you're just trolling.

11/01/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Mus
I feel you should give them time to work out the small details like this, instead of making demands... Though I love Herod's shoulders, and wish I could use that one-shoulder look later as a plate wearer.

They had 2 months of time to make these exceptions. Exceptions they said they would look into - they SPECIFICALLY ASKED ON THE MESSAGEBOARD FOR A LIST OF SETS THAT NEEDED EXCEPTIONS!

THEY ASKED!

We ANSWERED!

They IGNORED!

Instead of making special encoding for level 1-39 or special set exceptions, they chose to create special coding to make harsher exceptions.
Edited by Elineé on 11/1/2011 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
11/01/2011 11:19 AMPosted by Elineé

Did you miss the point where people have been arguing for this for over 2 months, where the Devs asked people to give specific examples of what should have exceptions, and then summarily ignored every request? They "claimed to have listened" but responded by adding heftier restrictions, rather than relieving some of the restrictions they mentioned in August/September. That's not listening.

The fact you refuse to acknowledge that the devs chose to place heavier restrictions than before shows you're just trolling.

They had 2 months of time to make these exceptions.

Instead of making special encoding for level 1-39 or special set exceptions, they chose to create special coding to make harsher exceptions.

>.> The fact that you think people with reasonable thoughts are trolling you, shows that in fact you are a troll.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
11/01/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Mus
Eh, that's sorta the point of Transmog Ravas, is to wear armor that appeals to your fashion sense. However, SM armor has a set that looks similar already called the Ragesteel set. Albeit, it's not the same set, it does look very similar. Also, in MoP they are bringing Heroic SM from what I've heard. So, the impression that gave me is at level 90 you'll see the old SM armor make a comeback as plate.

Now, I agree with this, and that would be an interesting return in heroic SM, indeed. Heck, I'll even admit that I would love to be able to use the "wrong" type of armors to transmog certain things. I just don't agree that the entire sky is falling because platewearers can't transmog plate to look like Scarlet Mail, and mailwearers can't transmog mail to look like Defias Leather. (Although, of course, they CAN choose to undergear themselves and use it if it's really that important, I suppose. *shrug*)

Disagreeing with you != trolling.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
11/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Ravas
Disagreeing with you != trolling.

It wasn't your disagreement, it was your personal insults.

>.> The fact that you think people with reasonable thoughts are trolling you, shows that in fact you are a troll.

Please re-read the post from those two trolls. I don't care if you disagree, I care if you personally attack someone. Calling someone names and attacking them on a personal level is trolling. Both the gnome and the blood elf were doing just that.
Edited by Elineé on 11/1/2011 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

There's a difference between trolling and just plain old ignorant, stubborn, whiny entitlement. Show a little more respect for real trolls :P
Reply Quote
I agree, I really hope we get this feature in transmog.
Reply Quote
Let's be patient though. Things are being tested out. From what I heard, lengendaries will likely become transmoggable too. Let's give it time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
11/01/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Elineé
did you know the pvp plate gear from level 60 isn't transmogrifiable for other higher level gear now?

Not sure where you heard this as it's not on the list of Transmogrification restrictions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]