Gear drops in Dungeons

61 Night Elf Hunter
Hey, I am a lvl 56, and I would like to know if there are any specific dungeons at my level that drop good hunter gear. My gear is not very good, and I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
Reply Quote
This may help: http://www.wowpedia.org/Dungeons_by_level

Your gear is fine, just keep doing what you're doing and you should have suitable gear until level cap, when you can start investing in the best you can get. You'll probably find a good mail belt soon enough, and better trinkets (although you might look into questing in Winterspring for Strength of the High Chief.

At this level, it's pretty much Sunken Temple and the Blackrock dungeons, but in just a few more levels you'll be able to start the Outland quests and dungeons, where gear will be a huge improvement.

Another option is to use http://www.wowhead.com/profiles to pull up your character, then check for upgrades with that tool; it'll include plenty of info on potential upgrades, and where to find them.
Reply Quote
61 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks, and yeah.. My belt isn't the best.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Step One: Go to www.wowhead.com

Step Two: Mouse-over the "Database" tab

Step Three: Follow the drop-down menu to "Zones", then "Dungeons", then "Classic" (since you're too low level for the Burning Crusade dungeons)

Step Four: click on the "Level" column of the list of dungeons to organize them by level and not alphabetically.

Step Five: Click a dungeon in your level range (like Sunken Temple, or Blackrock Depths)

Step Six: Research the dungeon you've selected - click the "Item" tab to see a complete list of all gear that drops in that dungeon, along with what boss or quest awards it, and what percentage chance you have to get it.

For example, this method selecting "Sunken Temple" shows there are some mail boots in there called the Bloodshot Greaves that have agility. It has a 30% drop chance off the Shade of Hakar (wowhead will also show you where this monster can be found on the dungeon map). You might want to look out for those when running Sunken Temple.

But looking through the rest of the list of gear reveals that Sunken Temple really doesn't have much to interest a Hunter - except for various one-hand weapons.

Try the same research process with Blackrock Depths and see what you can find. You should do this sort of wowhead research on every dungeon you plan to run.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
JakJak, I just noticed that the wowhead profiler isn't the most up-to-date tool out there.

For instance, it still shows this character of mine at level 39, with all the gear she had then. So I wonder how often they update that profiler.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
11/06/2011 07:31 AMPosted by Rhymetha
For instance, it still shows this character of mine at level 39, with all the gear she had then. So I wonder how often they update that profiler.

IF you look at the top of the page you'll see something like "resyncing in queue" and then click to refresh. ONce you refresh it should have your current level and gear :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]