Soloing old instances?

90 Tauren Druid
What are some good instances to solo as a bear?

Lately I've been doing
Attuman (weekly)
Sethekk (daily)
Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle (the mount boss, daily)

I tried to do TK once but got pwned, largely because I don't know the fights in there.

I'm noticing soloing level 70 heroics gives pretty decent gold if you vendor all of the items that drop.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
TK shouldn't be too bad.

Alar is pillar jumping. Void is dancing in place. High astro is more of kill her adds and then lick her face.

Kael might be the only one you would have a problem on, if dps is an issue.

As a bear, you can also go Solo Mag's Lair. The cleave tickles, even for non bears and the damage is very void.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
What are some good instances to solo as a bear?

Lately I've been doing
Attuman (weekly)
Sethekk (daily)
Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle (the mount boss, daily)

I tried to do TK once but got pwned, largely because I don't know the fights in there.

I'm noticing soloing level 70 heroics gives pretty decent gold if you vendor all of the items that drop.

I solo the LK heroics with no issues whatsoever but my tank gear is a bit higher than my healing gear. It's pretty fun to do it while we still can. I haven't tried actual raids solo.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
SSC is doable up to vashj. I believe vashj would be doable as a boomkin, but that doesn't really fit this thread, and she is absolutely not doable as a feral. Be careful on Leotheras as his demon form can really tear you apart, but nothing else in there should give you any issues if you do it right.
SSC+TK, excluding end bosses, will net you 2k in just boss gold drops, more if you vendor stuff.

Many Wrath raids are doable... but I wouldn't try them at your gear :). T11 (359) should open up most of naxx, T12 (378) opens up most of ulduar and a good amount of the rest of the raids. Note we're also receiving some major buffs in 4.3 (more stam, faster vengeance building) that'll ease up many fights, and a cat swipe nerf that'll hurt a few specific fights, but nothing a casual soloer's gonna be doing.

Lastly, everything in vanilla is doable with the exception of Twin emps, Viscidus, and C'thun (well..... I mean we could probably bug C'thun just like other classes have, but why bother?). Razorgore is a challenge though, and you'd have to play very well to overcome your gear level. Especially when you consider how much easier razor is with a teammate, I don't recommend soloing him.
Edited by Ahanss on 11/7/2011 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/07/2011 03:51 PMPosted by Bahaar
Ahanss, Fathom-Lord Karathress' Cataclysm bolt is not interruptable and it's 50% max health (not existing, but max) and you will die from it if it targets you; I highly doubt you will be able to top yourself off as feral or balance and still put damage on him before the next one hits. Not to mention it knocks you down, and the adds spawn those annoying waterspouts and summon sporebats.

Having had this cast at me once, I can say for a fact it hurts. However!

It requires you to have a mana bar, or he'll never target you.

So just stay in animal form and you're good. Post-savage defense buff in 4.1(?) this is a complete snore-fest boss, you'll never take any damage.

It was, however, very startling to get caught shifting between forms right as he stunned, just to have most of my health ripped away in one shot. I think I was shifting to cat to speed it up at that moment... a plan I promptly aborted.
Edited by Ahanss on 11/7/2011 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Warrior
Just this week I did all of SSC minus Vash and Lurker, very easy. The only fight that can cut it close is Leo. I simply pull him to one end of his area while in caster form, then when in demon and starts hitting harder, sprint away and shift out to cast heals, he will have to stop casting to get range on you.

TK is extremely easy minus Kael, the stunning trash is much harder than the bosses. Most of them you can do in cat form only occasionally switching to bear to heal up.

Karazhan is a joke you can do the whole thing in Cat. You can also do Mag's in cat form pretty easily. Gruul's is not worth the effort as it can be very rng trying to get healer or lock down on High king Maulger. But with one other person it becomes trivial as well. All of MC, most of AQ. All BC heroics, I think all wrath heroics except Oculus.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been able to solo all of SSC except Fathom-Lord and all of TK. Kael is difficult with the mind control but if you have pets then it is very simple. Also been able to solo BT with the exception of the first boss. I'm also able to do sunwell except I can't beat Kalecgos because he phases when you go into the portal. I even tried him with 2 people and it didn't work either. He still phased out. Working on WOTLK raids like Nax, and IC. OS is very simple to defeat even with 3 drake

Anyone have some advice on Fathom-Lord for mana users and Kalecgos for the phasing.

Also I tried to do Lady Vash last night solo and I was in the fight for 20 mins during phase 2 and it never spawned tainted cores...anyone else had this problem?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If I can solo something as a mage, druids should have no trouble whatsoever.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Lux
Holy necro.

I was about to post in here until I realized there was a 1-year gap between posts 8 and 9. The stuff in here is pretty irrelevant.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]