Correlations: Personality & Class

A study which prompted me to create this thread was done on the Paragon website a while back in which a poll was done to see if there was a "raider personality" (based upon the Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers typology), and from a total of 793 respondents, the results were quite clear.

In every category INTJ was the prevailing personality by nearly double that of the second most. Everything from their class, raid style (elite, hardcore, "casual"), server location, faction, etc. And within the guild of Paragon, INTJ was five times more prevalent than any other.

Now, the most interesting part of these results is that the personality type INTJ is the most "rare" in that it only encompasses, apparently, 2% of the total population.

Link to study: http://www.paragon.fi/blogs/personality-test-results-part-1

I've decided to create this thread, purely out of curiosity, to see whether or not there are any correlations between personality types and class choice, or even if there is a more frequent type among the general populous of WoW. (however, I am aware that class mechanics heavily weigh into the choice of a chosen class. If you'd like, post the class of your first toon, which is more likely to be of a genuine indication)

Follow the link below to fill out the questionnaire and merely post your indicated type, for instance "ENFJ". No need to post the percentages. Thanks!

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

If there is a decent number of responses I'll post the data.
Edited by Auðmjúkur on 11/6/2011 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
ENFP like Bill Cosby :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
INTJ

Interesting.

Famous people of your particular type
Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton, really?
Edited by Záne on 11/6/2011 3:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ISFJ for me!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
INFP

J.K. Rowling, Princess Diana

lol

I Just read a long profile about INFP personality type and it's very "Druid" like so that's pretty intresting
Edited by Cannic on 11/6/2011 3:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Half of these questions depend greatly on what mood I am in, what does this mean!!??
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
ISTJ

Wow, That's surprisingly accurate. Reading the description, I found myself going, "yes, yes, mmhmm, yes, yes..."

I think the only thing that I do in WoW that does not fit my personality type is that I raid 25s instead of 10s. Usually I prefer smaller groups, in real life and in WoW.
Edited by Hexlexia on 11/6/2011 3:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Interesting. INTJ. The mastermind.

With my personality being most similar to Isaac Newton, Niels Bohr, C. G. Jung, Michel de Montaigne, Michel Nostradamus, and Ada Lovelace. I'm okay with this list. Especially because of my personal love of Jung's work.

Also, I play a DK because i love the fast paced feel and the extreme difference in skill level and outcome. You always know which DK is terrible and which one took careful time to plan out and properly execute their strikes to give themselves the least downtime and maximize rune efficiency.
Edited by Ericcrow on 11/6/2011 3:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Rogue
INTJs are the most common type online, it's not that surprising when you think about it.

INFJ male, Warlock has always been my main. Played Paladin and DK tanks at 80, Resto Druid at 80 and 85 and playing a lot of my PvP Disc Priest atm gearing up. I'd like to raid hardcore but can't get in a good guild so haven't raided since I got the 10m ICC Drake.
Reply Quote
29 Human Hunter
Paladin
INTJ
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Many of these bothered me for their yes or no format, but I did my best to find a way to answer. It claims I am: INFP

Also: I frequently was preoccupied with recognizing how my answers would be correlated with other answers and with how I could shape the answers into any number of different outcomes.
Edited by Elrith on 11/6/2011 3:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Looks like I'm the first INTP in the thread.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I got INTP. Although, most of my answers were straight "noes", and the quiz only reminded me that I am an incredibly uncomplicated person. . .

Which may be for the best.

So anyway.

I fall into the lower 9% of the significant groups among the paladins, so I guess I'm at home.
Edited by Peacemonger on 11/6/2011 4:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
Your Type is
ENTJ

so close but so far

also i second that most of these questions would be answered differently on any given day of the week

Famous ENTJs:
U.S. Presidents:
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Richard M. Nixon
Lamar Alexander (US Senator)
Les Aspen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, The Mask)
Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff
Harrison Ford
Newt Gingrich
Al Gore (U.S Vice President, 1993-2001)
Steve Jobs
Dave Letterman
Steve Martin
General Norman Schwarzkopf
Robert James Waller (author: The Bridges of Madison County)
Edited by Coldbloodedz on 11/6/2011 4:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/06/2011 04:02 AMPosted by Peacemonger
I fall into the lower 9% of the significant groups among the paladins, so I guess I'm at home.

At least you show up on your class results...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ESFP

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.

Yup, that's me. Pretty uncanny, really. Heck, ask people in my guild, I'm always cracking jokes, entertaining, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

For fun:

Famous ESFPs:
Bob Hope
Eva Gabor
Willard Scott
Goldie Hawn
Arsenio Hall
Mary Lou Retton
Steve Irwin
Woody Harrelson
Reply Quote
ISTJ
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Fun thanks for sharing!

INFP which they say is idealist portrait of the healer. I have a priest druid and shaman healer (priest main) and it's my fav role in the game. Pretty cool!

INFJ... took it again later in the day and changed probably about 3 answers with more though. Put my J to a 1 so i guess I'm pretty in between.

I 22
N 33
F 25
J 1
Edited by Ashira on 11/6/2011 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
ISFJ :0) Thanks for the link, there are a few other tests I might take later :0)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Just finished.
I am...
ENFP
95%, 20%, 81%, 22%
Edited by Zerrahki on 11/6/2011 4:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]