Whoever you were who impersonated me...

85 Human Mage
to my guild, and then proceeded to steal from the guild bank when someone, on good faith, gave you the rank of officer alt, that was a horrible thing to do. What did I ever do to you?

It's a terrible thing when good-hearted people are taken advantage of. I don't know what's become of this realm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Erm, that's been happening for years, on every server.

Best practice is to not promote/invite anyone until they log on their main and say something about it first.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
So would you say their are not a "true friend"?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
L2 Real ID your Officers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Erm, that's been happening for years, on every server.

Best practice is to not promote/invite anyone until they log on their main and say something about it first.

You're right... this is our new policy now. It should have already been, but we'd never had an issue and this caught us (well, at least me) off-guard. :(

11/06/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Awäkened
So would you say their are not a "true friend"?

No they were not. >:|

11/06/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Badaxe
L2 Real ID your Officers.

That shouldn't be necessary, and wouldn't work 100% regardless. People can have more than one battle.net. They usually don't it's true, but... it's possible.

It doesn't matter. Prevention is one thing, but what's wrong is wrong. It's not someone's fault they were wronged simply because they didn't prevent it from happening. If I don't lock my car and someone steals it, yes I made it easier for them... but they still made the decision to steal.

Oh well. :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The only person whos fault this is is the dang hacker LIAR. You can't blame the guildees for thinking they were being helpful to an officer just trying to make life easy. Stuff like this happens all the time....too much. But Blizz is excellent at restoring stolen items. karma will get the hacker eventually. I am a big believer in that. And karma will soothe the poor victims that were just trying to be helpful.

I'd rather be over trusting and get burned every now & then....than be totally paranoid to protect myself.

And Cindyanne, please don't blame the realm thinking it's turning bad. We might not be top in progressions or pvp, but we have the best people around...bar none.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I'd rather be over trusting and get burned every now & then....than be totally paranoid to protect myself.

Me too, Daffney... me, too. <3
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Get an authenticator... problem solved.... mostly... unless someone gets a hold of it, as well as your username and password.... but if that happens... shame on yourself for allowing it to happy... :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
11/08/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Gnawtiepine
Get an authenticator... problem solved.... mostly... unless someone gets a hold of it, as well as your username and password.... but if that happens... shame on yourself for allowing it to happy... :D

I do have an authenticator, but see... they didn't hack my account. They used their account to make an alt, then whispered an officer of the guild and said it was MY alt (but it wasn't.) They were then promoted (we have since stopped doing that and you are now responsible for promoting your own alts) and then they used their new rank to steal from the guild bank.
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Priest
The only person whos fault this is is the dang hacker LIAR. You can't blame the guildees for thinking they were being helpful to an officer just trying to make life easy. Stuff like this happens all the time....too much. But Blizz is excellent at restoring stolen items. karma will get the hacker eventually. I am a big believer in that. And karma will soothe the poor victims that were just trying to be helpful.

And Cindyanne, please don't blame the realm thinking it's turning bad. We might not be top in progressions or pvp, but we have the best people around...bar none.

This is why Daff deserves a Kodo.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Lol roflmao of course it's someone from true friends. btw, if he was the kind of person to ninja the guild bank, do you think he cares what you QQ about on forums
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Priest
Lol roflmao of course it's someone from true friends. btw, if he was the kind of person to ninja the guild bank, do you think he cares what you QQ about on forums

If you're the kind of person to make this assertion without any evidence whatsoever, do you think we care what you have to say about anything on the forums?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]