Ninja Alert Info Wanted Healsforpie

90 Undead Warrior
[Flask of Titanic Strength]x80 [Flask of the Draconic Mind]x120 [Heavenly Shard]x100 [Enchant Bracer - Major Strength]x3 [Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent]x1 [Maelstrom Crystal]x20 [Ocean Sapphire]x60 [Inferno Ruby]x120 [Blackened Dragonscale]160 [Pristine Hide]x1 [Volatile Life]x200 [Volatile Air]x200 [Volatile Earth]x1800 [Pyrite Ore]x40 [Pyrium Bar]x29 [Truegold]x69 [Gloves of Unforgiving Flame]x1 [Masterwork Elementium Spellblade]

list of mains, previous guilds
Healsforpie The Wolf Pack, Master of Muppets, (xfered new name unknown)
Stabsforpie (no data)
Nitemáre Imperium,

he claimed to be a co Gm of The Wolf Pack
worked hard to get officer in my guild
ninja'd 10 stacks of items in each tab

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/necroninjablades/WoWScrnShot_110211_100014.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/necroninjablades/WoWScrnShot_110211_100011.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/necroninjablades/WoWScrnShot_110211_100008.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/necroninjablades/WoWScrnShot_110211_100006.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/necroninjablades/WoWScrnShot_110211_100004.jpg
Edited by Inyourgrill on 11/3/2011 3:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Shut up and report him in game, and you can get the stuff back. Posting a player's information over the forums is harassment and will at least net you a temp forum ban.

On an unrelated note that UI made me die a little on the inside.
Edited by Liax on 11/3/2011 5:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Is it still ninja'ing if you make him an officer, give him access to withdraw from the guild bank, and set no limitations on the amount of daily withdrawals from said guild bank?

edit: and I clicked just to see the UI.
Edited by Takamura on 11/3/2011 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You wont get your stuff back.

Dont keep anything in your guild bank that you dont mind losing for ever. Its just not that secure.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
11/03/2011 07:33 AMPosted by Takamura
Is it still ninja'ing if you make him an officer, give him access to withdraw from the guild bank, and set no limitations on the amount of daily withdrawals from said guild bank?

Considering the only way to "ninja" something is to be allowed access to that slot then yes it can still be classified as ninjaing. The only real way you could ninja is if you broke into it, which obviously you can't. However Blizzard never promises restoration to gbanks as it depends on a case-by-case situation.

The fact is, at an average of 500g each, the truegold alone is worth just shy 35k, and adding the rest it's probably worth close to 70k or 80k, or maybe more.

Due to the quantity he took. it's value in gold, and the fact that I'm sure he gquit afterwards there's a decent shot at getting it returned. It can vary based on how much time he spent in the guild, and what not. If he joined for less than a week or something I'd be betting against him. If he was in the guild for years, and sounds like he wasn't, then there would be a chance not to have anything happen. Really the only one exempt from any action taken is the guild master since anything in the guild is now something s/he owns.

The longer the OP waits to report it the less chance he has of it getting returned though.

As for Tomax's comment...well Tomax is Tomax and I will not grace him with a direct response from me.
Edited by Liax on 11/3/2011 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
the ui is maped out to my merc stealth keyboard and mouse
and blizzard will not be restoring any items removed but they confirmed it was him and from his IP and its a ninja when you go offline for 2 days come back to take the items then xfer off the server, there were limitations set
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I would look into it at CS forum.

GMs in game tend to be really conflicted with their rules. You talk to one GM and he says this, and then the next one you talk to does a 180. The CS forum mods tend to be a bit more knowledgeable.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Just to point out

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20459&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=guild+bank

If you've already tried an in game ticket and got denied head over to the CS forum and state that so the CS mods know that and hopefully they will look into whether you have a case. They may not be able to do anything for you, but they can come back and say "yeah this looks like ninja looting open up another ticket" or they could come back and confirm that you won't get anything back.

It will also matter on the rules within your guild for withdrawing stuff. If you give everyone free access all willy nilly then you're probably going to be boned.

But from one thread I read "Cleaning out a bank (or at least maximizing the withdrawals), and then xferring off makes the intent pretty clear"
Edited by Liax on 11/3/2011 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Finally point...here is a Blue post.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179708278#6
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

this coming from liax is funny to me.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

And pray tell what is wrong with my UI?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/03/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Liax

Considering the only way to "ninja" something is to be allowed access to that slot then yes it can still be classified as ninjaing. The only real way you could ninja is if you broke into it, which obviously you can't. However Blizzard never promises restoration to gbanks as it depends on a case-by-case situation.

The fact is, at an average of 500g each, the truegold alone is worth just shy 35k, and adding the rest it's probably worth close to 70k or 80k, or maybe more.

Due to the quantity he took. it's value in gold, and the fact that I'm sure he gquit afterwards there's a decent shot at getting it returned. It can vary based on how much time he spent in the guild, and what not. If he joined for less than a week or something I'd be betting against him. If he was in the guild for years, and sounds like he wasn't, then there would be a chance not to have anything happen. Really the only one exempt from any action taken is the guild master since anything in the guild is now something s/he owns.

The longer the OP waits to report it the less chance he has of it getting returned though.

As for Tomax's comment...well Tomax is Tomax and I will not grace him with a direct response from me.

This is like those arguments you read about people rolling Need on an off spec gear; it's not ninja'ing if they're using in-game mechanics to achieve an end.

The Guild Master gave him access to the guild bank, made him an officer, gave him authorization to make unlimited withdrawals, all mechanics supported by the guild command and control architecture. The GM should have realized that precaution should have been exercised.

This isn't a case of ninja'ing. Ninja'ing is what Imperium does when they host pug raids, tell everybody that it's MS > OS, nothing is reserved, set it to Master Looter, and loot DBW to themselves regardless of the rolls, and leave group. Yes, in that case, they're using in game mechanics as well (setting it to Master Looter, which by everyone staying, they impliedly consent to), but they're also reneging on their statement that "nothing is reserved".
This is a case of a gullible and overly trustful Guild Master and an individual who took advantage of that gullibility.

I'd imagine that they only way that this could receive appropriate reaction would be if the alleged ninja explicitly or implicitly stated that he would stay in the guild a long time or that he wasn't going anywhere-- in other words, blatant misrepresentation.

I do agree with you that Blizzard would probably refund his items based on the amount in controversy; however, I'd find such a response inconsistent with their own reasoning when confronted with their loot dispute policy. And honestly, whether the 'ninja' took 100k worth of stuff or 100g worth shouldn't really make a difference either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
If only there were a way that you could set up the Gbank so that only certain individuals could make withdrawals, and even limit the amount of withdrawals they could make a day...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I guess I just get to counter your argument by relinking this

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179708278#6
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
This post has no more purpose
Edited by Liax on 11/4/2011 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
can i be an officer in your guild pls?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
03/02/2011 10:19 PMPosted by Vrakthris
In certain cases, when evidence shows that the actions taken are considered a scam, we may step in and take appropriate actions in an effort to ensure a fun and fair environment for all players.

All subjective since he doesn't actually specify what is considered a scam, and even suggests that when it *is* considered a scam, they MAY step in.

Regardless, moot point since the OP already said that Blizzard is denying restoration.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
The in-game GMs have a ton of conflicting opinions.

I will concede that there may be nothing done, but honestly it seems like this is a case Blizzard would. I've heard the details about what happened, and the only thing going for him is that he didn't ask for the ranking that granted the promotion. Otherwise he displayed attitude like he wanted to expand the guild through recruiting. They may not do anything in the end, but Inyourgrill and I have talked in game. I've suggested a couple of steps for him/her to take and if they do nothing well now he's wiser for it. It's just in game stuff and in MoP it won't matter. It's a catastrophe at this point, but will be spilled milk in MoP which is probably less than a year away.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Half of me wanted to say "Irregardless" to see if that would work in trolling you.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

And pray tell what is wrong with my UI?

do we need to remember the grim UI thread, and how terrible it was?
inb4 it's changed, i watched the stream of normal rag attempts when you guys were doing it, still terrible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]