Camera Stuck, Argh

90 Night Elf Mage
GK
My camera doesn't swing back to it's proper vantage point when I move. I have to stop, adjust the camera angle with my mouse, and then continue. Until I have to do it again, which is often, on all toons. Very annoying to say the least. It seems like it began after I adjusted the camera back, to give myself a wider scope of vision. I've tried default settings on the camera to get it all back to normal, but no luck. It's rendering the game very hard to play.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Xatrius,

When you adjusted the camera settings, did you go into the Options>Interface>Camera sections and toggle the "Camera Following Style" as well as the other options?
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedciated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Alea iacta est. What will you do now?
Edited by TonyM on 11/5/2011 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
this is a bug i've confirmed but can't really reproduce. It only seems to happen in windowed mode so i suspect it's some wierd input issue, where you use keys to turn instead of mouse, and the camera doesn't follow quite properly and becomes fxiated at an unusual angle, so when you say run straight with "w", your char actually is going straight, but camera is locked at a slight angle to it so in terms of users perspecitive it looks like you're running diagnally. This is fixed by using right mouse button to reaffix camera back to players orientation. Since i haven't found a reliable way to reproduce this i never bothered reporting it to be honest, i got used to self correcting it. It's not something that happens all the time, and so easy to fix. If you play in full screen mode it won't happen at all.

I suspect it's rght up tehre with wahtever causes the key stuck bug too, also only happens in windowed mode, where sometimes you let go of a key and the game thinks its still being held down, fixed by pressing that same key again so client sees you release it 2nd time around. The key stuck bug is actually cross platform.

The camera one i am not sure. Both are fairly recent issues
Edited by Omegal on 11/5/2011 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
GK
Hi Xatrius,

When you adjusted the camera settings, did you go into the Options>Interface>Camera sections and toggle the "Camera Following Style" as well as the other options?
Mac Tech Support for Baaaaahlizzard Entertainment || Fri-Tue 1:45 pm - 10:45 pm CST
[url]http://www.surveymk.com/s/RF8K3KG[/url] ---- Rate my Baaaaalue Posts. How's this sheep doing?
Dedciated to making your Mac/Blizzard Experience an awesome one!
Alea iacta est. What will you do now?

I've tried those options, and nothing works...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
GK
this is a bug i've confirmed but can't really reproduce. It only seems to happen in windowed mode so i suspect it's some wierd input issue, where you use keys to turn instead of mouse, and the camera doesn't follow quite properly and becomes fxiated at an unusual angle, so when you say run straight with "w", your char actually is going straight, but camera is locked at a slight angle to it so in terms of users perspecitive it looks like you're running diagnally. This is fixed by using right mouse button to reaffix camera back to players orientation. Since i haven't found a reliable way to reproduce this i never bothered reporting it to be honest, i got used to self correcting it. It's not something that happens all the time, and so easy to fix. If you play in full screen mode it won't happen at all.

I suspect it's rght up tehre with wahtever causes the key stuck bug too, also only happens in windowed mode, where sometimes you let go of a key and the game thinks its still being held down, fixed by pressing that same key again so client sees you release it 2nd time around. The key stuck bug is actually cross platform.

The camera one i am not sure. Both are fairly recent issues

Holding down the right side of the mouse doesn't automatically bring the camera back to it's proper position for me. I have to maneuver the mouse as a way to adjust the camera to the proper position, but it's a short fix that doesn't last. When in flight, I'll swing the camera around so I have the view of myself coming towards the screen, but when I let go of the mouse, the camera just stays stuck in that position, or any position that I put it in, without swinging back to it's proper position behind my toon, and centered.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Is the camera actually locking at a particular angle and always snapping back ro that angle despite trying to move it? Only way to fix it is by logging out completely and back in?

Do you play with click to move?
Reply Quote
53 Dwarf Warrior
I noticed such a problem (very) long ago. I fixed this issue by deleting my config.WTF file and let WoW creating a new one with default settings.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
GK
Is the camera actually locking at a particular angle and always snapping back ro that angle despite trying to move it? Only way to fix it is by logging out completely and back in?

Do you play with click to move?

What happens is I'll mount up and fly off, but from an angled perspective. So I'll have to adjust the camera with my mouse to center it behind my toon. As a test, I'll auto-fly, and move the camera (with mouse) to any old position, but it won't swing back like it should. It will just stay in that position.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
GK
And I don't play click to move....I've logged out and in dozens of times since this started, and it's still an issue.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
I dunno, i've seen the bug manifist with click to move where the camera stops auto panning and just wants to lock in a certain angle no matter what you do, often resolved by logging out and back in, but i don't know how to actually reproduce it, it's a rare issue and not consistent in it's behavior.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK TO FIX PROBLEM! S I M P L E>
Reply Quote
I have to say that I've been having very similar problems with every character I log into. It's been happening for months now and I've learned to live with it, but now it's just becoming annoying trying to adjust the camera every single time I move.

My problem: Any time my character moves where I'm not controlling the camera (like getting feared) it will get stuck in one angle and won't auto-adjust at all. The only way it will go back is if I swing my camera or use my set camera angles that I always use to reset it.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Please don't necro threads (this one's pretty old). :)

This is a bug that can happen when you are moving forward and swing your camera rapidly and let go of the mouse button, causing the camera to lock in place. The only real workaround is to gently swing your camera in any direction (but not rapidly!) and let it reset itself properly. Mouse turning will also fix this.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I have just figured this out quite easily. In Camera Follow setting in Camera setting, click always adjust camera. Would be at the bottom of your camera settings.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/14/2011 05:05 AMPosted by Dednugent
DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK TO FIX PROBLEM! S I M P L E>

Thank you, thank you, a very belated thank you. Double right click fixed it.

Sorry if necro'ing a thread offends people, but this was the thread that came up in a Google search on the issue, and the fix for the problem was in the post I quoted... yet that information hadn't yet been properly acknowledged and lauded.

For anyone who is having this very specific, very annoying problem, try the double right click.

(And regarding the complaint about necro'ed threads... some forums' rules say "don't start a new thread on a topic when there's a thread about it already." I find it much more useful to have all the info about an issue in one thread. If Blizzard doesn't want threads revived after a certain period of inactivity, they can alter the forum settings to make it impossible to do so.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]