Which Heirloom weapon/s will the Monk use?

77 Gnome Rogue
Which heirloom weapons will the monk use in MOP? Also, will they be able to dual wield or no?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well...

Brewmaster and Windwalker specs will use agility leather with:

Venerable Mass of McGowan
Venerable Dal'rend's Sacred Charge
Repurposed Lava Dredger

Mistweaver specs with intellect leather should use:

Dignified Headmaster's Charge
Devout Aurastone Hammer

Any PvP equivalents of those items could be used as well.

I'm going to bet that monks will not be able to dual wield.
Edited by Taxmaster on 11/5/2011 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm going to bet that monks will not be able to dual wield.

They can't use shields, but they will be able to use fist weapons and swords. You do the math.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I suppose the idea of a dual wielding monk seemed pretty alien to me.

I guess they would end up having to incorporate that though...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
11/06/2011 04:41 AMPosted by Taxmaster

eh?

A bare fisted master of martial arts is by definition a dual wielder. Or did you think they tied an arm behind their back for the sake of fairness?
Reply Quote
The Monk

Weapon
Fist Weapons,
One-Handed Axes,
One-Handed Maces,
One-Handed Swords,
Polearms,
Staves

They DW as their dps spec, 2hander as their tank spec, and either staff or 1hander+offhand as their heal spec

Currently no mention of 2handed mace, so the lava dredger is out for BoAs and blizzard still needs to answer how a tank Monk will level with BoAs.

You can level with full BoAs as a dps or healer, however there is currently no tank monk weapon unless they decide to allow 2handed maces. (or make a agi staff/polearm boa from the 4.3 Darkmoon Fair)
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Rogue
Well...

Brewmaster and Windwalker specs will use agility leather with:

Venerable Mass of McGowan
Venerable Dal'rend's Sacred Charge
Repurposed Lava Dredger

Repurposed Lava Dredger is a 2H Mace and Monks can only wield, Fist Weapons, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Maces, One-Handed Swords, Polearms and Staves.

If they can dual wield... I'm not sure if they can, I'm thinking maybe Venerable Mass of McGowan x2? But I'm not sure if they would favor 2 slow weapons...

Is there any confirmation that they do in fact dual wield?
Edited by Squeak on 11/6/2011 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

What? A monk not being able to use both his hands in combat defies every monk archetype, ever.
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Rogue

What? A monk not being able to use both his hands in combat defies every monk archetype, ever.

To be technical, these Monks will be using their hands mostly, they only use the weapons for finishers... is there any confirmation from a dev or anyone that they dual wield?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The Monk

Weapon
Fist Weapons,
One-Handed Axes,
One-Handed Maces,
One-Handed Swords,
Polearms,
Staves

They DW as their dps spec, 2hander as their tank spec, and either staff or 1hander+offhand as their heal spec

Currently no mention of 2handed mace, so the lava dredger is out for BoAs and blizzard still needs to answer how a tank Monk will level with BoAs.

You can level with full BoAs as a dps or healer, however there is currently no tank monk weapon unless they decide to allow 2handed maces. (or make a agi staff/polearm boa from the 4.3 Darkmoon Fair)

They can use one-handed swords, and two-handed weapons like Polearms/Staves but not two-handed swords?

That doesn't add up.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
They can use one-handed swords, and two-handed weapons like Polearms/Staves but not two-handed swords?

That doesn't add up.

Why can a paladin use a sword, but not a dagger? A dagger is basically a sword with a shorter blade.
Reply Quote

That doesn't add up.

Why can a paladin use a sword, but not a dagger? A dagger is basically a sword with a shorter blade.

Yeah but you use them in a very different manner. If you took a dagger and tried to wield it as if it were a sword, you're not gonna last very long in a fight. Granted, that's a normal dagger vs. sword, whereas WoW daggers are like 3 feet long at the shortest.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Yeah but you use them in a very different manner. If you took a dagger and tried to wield it as if it were a sword, you're not gonna last very long in a fight. Granted, that's a normal dagger vs. sword, whereas WoW daggers are like 3 feet long at the shortest.

I always figured the Dagger category encompassed short swords as well. made more sense that way.

TEXT: why else would a "dagger" be comparable to a damn long sword?
Edited by Udoril on 11/6/2011 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

That doesn't add up.

Are you honestly trying to apply logic to WoW? Looking at weapons like Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and Talon of Azshara, which are the same size if not bigger than most 2H Swords, Rogues should be able to wield 2H Swords.

Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
11/06/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Squeak
To be technical, these Monks will be using their hands mostly, they only use the weapons for finishers... is there any confirmation from a dev or anyone that they dual wield?
It was semi announced at Blizzcon. If I remember right, they were still on the fence about dw or 2h for dps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QHiYoOT2nE

Its about 6 minutes in when they start talking about equipment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The Monk

Weapon
Fist Weapons,
One-Handed Axes,
One-Handed Maces,
One-Handed Swords,
Polearms,
Staves

That doesn't add up.

They're Monks, not Samurais.
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Rogue
11/06/2011 05:55 PMPosted by Masochist
It was semi announced at Blizzcon. If I remember right, they were still on the fence about dw or 2h for dps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QHiYoOT2nE

Its about 6 minutes in when they start talking about equipment.

Awesome! Thanks... so logically the DPS Monk would dual-wield Venerable Mass of McGowan for the heirloom weapons. Awesome. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
wait wait...a MONK can use swords, but a shaman can't?

Shenannigans i say, shenannigans!!!
Reply Quote
77 Gnome Rogue

Lol, I think they were just using Monks as a replacement class to share swords with Rogues since Hunters wont use melee weapons anymore. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Druids can't use Swords either, and I'm not sure about Priests. Assuming they can't, that leaves only Mages and Warlocks that currently use 1H caster swords. (I know tanking Paladins used to, but I think that has changed?) I'm betting that Blizzard was looking for one more spec to use 1H caster swords. That gives them a reason to make more of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]