Dailies is just bad design.

1 Human Paladin
Isn't there a better way to keep players playing rather than forcing them to play a certain amount of days for the rewards?

I don't like this artificial barrier. I don't like that I have to spend a minimum of 30 days to obtain the MF rewards. I don't like that I have to spend like a year to obtain the JC recipes.

I don't mind spending 15 hours for the rewards, but I have a problem with the 15 hours being split in daily 30 min session.

This is just a bad design. A game should not ask for daily commitment to enjoy what it has to offer.

Making the dungeon vp rewards to weekly-based was a good change. It allows players to focus on a specific toon on a chosen day rather than making players log in every toon every day.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
more time in game = more subscription money
85 Goblin Rogue
Its nice to see new people in the MMOs. Keeps things fresh.
100 Night Elf Warrior
Yes, it is grindy, and Blizzard is working on different ways to build up rep and end game currency points. Pet battles pave the way to a number of mini games and things to do, as do PVE scenarios.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dailies is a substitute for real FUN content, something to keep players subscribed
100 Worgen Druid
I agree, the daily desing is really bad and it's probably one of the reasons people dislike many factions/events and one of the reasons people simply choose to not do a given content. Of course there are some dailies that make sense like the cooking and fishing dailies, but in general it's a bad desing.
100 Night Elf Druid
Complaints about current end-game content are the status quo around here.

However, constructive ideas for alternative methods of game design are new and original. Mostly.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2011 11:34 PMPosted by Polenzsky
Dailies is a substitute for real FUN content, something to keep players subscribed

They are only a substitute in that you are choosing to do them instead of something that gives better rewards.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Isn't there a better way to keep players playing rather than forcing them to play a certain amount of days for the rewards?

I don't like this artificial barrier. I don't like that I have to spend a minimum of 30 days to obtain the MF rewards. I don't like that I have to spend like a year to obtain the JC recipes.

I don't mind spending 15 hours for the rewards, but I have a problem with the 15 hours being split in daily 30 min session.

This is just a bad design. A game should not ask for daily commitment to enjoy what it has to offer.

Making the dungeon vp rewards to weekly-based was a good change. It allows players to focus on a specific toon on a chosen day rather than making players log in every toon every day.

OP you have to remember how an MMORPG works, rather than you buying a box with a CD, and it containing just about all you will get, you pay a monthly fee. Because of this the aim has to be to get you coming back day after day, week after week.

Any questline that can be completed in one sitting will be completed in one sitting by some players, leaving them with nothing for the rest of the content patch.

Dailies are one of the ways, along with raid and dungeon lockouts and point caps to limit how quickly you can see all the available content and get all the available rewards.

At the moment there are no other methods to gate gear, rep, pet, mount or recipe collection. The challenges in MoP will add another dimension with small group quest dailies but for now we are stuck with the current system.

Although, instead of complaining about having to grind dailies how about suggesting other alternatives for Blizzard to consider. Most of them play the game so they know how grindy dailies can be.

But, remember, whatever you suggest has to give some rewards to everyone, more rewards to the most active players (they can't just get everything more quickly), and give better rewards to the people in the most complex content.

The biggest problem with caty has been the fact that a non raider can get more than half a raid set without raiding in about 10 weeks (in a 25 week content patch) and that in turn slashes the re-run value of raids for raiders as they need less gear.

90 Dwarf Paladin
I hate dailies and I miss having the option to grind mobs for hours to get exalted with the faction I want to buy something from.

(Yes, I'm being serious.)

Buy a tabard. Although there are some factions you can still do that will (stupid goblins after I got my admiral title).
90 Worgen Druid
I would prefer harder but less time consuming dailies an alternative to the massive amount of easy dailies we have now. The lack of difficult is what wears me down more than anything.

I can't think of a time a daily quest challenged me in recent memory.
85 Blood Elf Mage
11/07/2011 11:54 AMPosted by Viraelis
Guess I better get to the molten front . . . . again . . . le sigh.

Just got my flameward hippogryph today, just need the pet! :O
90 Human Rogue
It's not your fault that you find dailies bad. Blizzard has crafted that entire game to appeal more to instant gratification.

The thing is, what's left when you've got all the easy to get rewards? Yep, rolling another alt. How is that any better?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]