CoverItLive Q&A: Class Design -- (11/9)

Community Manager
To follow up on our first World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria developer Q&A on the CoverItLive platform, we’re gathering the entire class design team to field your questions on the past, present, and future of World of Warcraft classes. Anyone is welcome to join in the live Q&A this Wednesday, November 9, beginning at approximately 10:45 a.m. and concluding around noon PST.

You can read along via the CoverItLive client embedded in the blog linked below while the Q&A is live. To participate, you just use your Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, or OpenID credentials, or simply sign in as a guest. If you’re on the go while the event’s underway on Wednesday, be sure to check out the free mobile apps available on the Android Market and iTunes Store.

We’ll see you on Wednesday morning!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3914934/CoverItLive_QA_Class_Design__Balance_--_119-11_7_2011
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Bah, class design, the first one had mostly class questions.

We need a lore one.
Edited by Healstime on 11/7/2011 9:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Just a quick question, any chance of future Q&A sessions reverting to the original times as this is a pretty bad time for Aussies - as in 5:45 am start.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Lolz another one ?

How regular are these things going to be ? As often as you can ?

If so then I look forward to them :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So is CoverItLive with Blizzard developers gonna be a regular thing now? Cause it's awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
In the middle of the day? Awww, everyone's gonna be at work.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Just a quick question, any chance of future Q&A sessions reverting to the original times as this is a pretty bad time for Aussies - as in 5:45 am start.

But it's a much better time for Europeans. We'll always try to fluctuate the Q&A schedule a bit to accommodate for our global audience. :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
First page! :D

And awesome can't wait ^^
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
And there goes my chance at ever finding out what the intentions are for hunters in regards to losing their melee weapons. Currently the closest thing to an answer we've gotten is GC would like to see quivers/ammo pouches return.

We have no idea if we'll be able to actually see our ranged weapon on our back come 5.0, and no idea if we're going to have any kind of a decent weapon enchant or if we'll be stuck with the lackluster scopes.

And the only insight we get is from people asking stupid questions such as "why can't I has my spirit beast when I'm in MM spec?" (you know, b/c Beast Mastery's 31 point talent should be available to all 3 specs.....) jeez
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Sweet, I'll be there.

This is a little broader of a subject matter than originally intended though isn't it? I thought the general idea was to make them even more specific than this. Like specific class discussions, or lore or something. I suppose if you selected one specific class it would somehow develop into Horde favoritism or something so that's one bullet dodged.

Still awesome and going in the right direction.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Ah, I must admit I didn't even consider the European issue, thanks for clearing that up!

In that case is there any other way to propose questions relavent to the topic, or better yet is there any word on class specific sessions down the track?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter

But it's a much better time for Europeans. We'll always try to fluctuate the Q&A schedule a bit to accommodate for our global audience. :)

Unfortunately, the "good time for Europeans" is slotted for the Q&A that the majority of your player base will most likely hold the most interest in.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
11/07/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Malastart

Think about it,... that's why this one is slotted for that time. We'll get one about professions in the afternoon when US players can get on. Those are easier to answer.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Think about it,... that's why this one is slotted for that time. We'll get one about professions in the afternoon when US players can get on. Those are easier to answer.

It's all a giant conspiracy...
And they would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling trolls.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Unfortunately, the "good time for Europeans" is slotted for the Q&A that the majority of your player base will most likely hold the most interest in.

It's also a matter of gathering all six developers together, plus a number of members from the community team (myself included), and ensuring we have the appropriate room booked to hold this Q&A. It takes a lot of internal scheduling to make these things happen.

There are a number of factors that play into the times we choose. It's never arbitrary, and we'll never find an ideal time for everyone on the planet.

On the bright side, those who can't participate live can read the transcript afterward.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/07/2011 09:32 PMPosted by Enika

So yea. This post just happened. I read it.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
11/07/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Zarhym

So yea. This post just happened. I read it.

I lold
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

4:45am Brisbane :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Sweet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]