CoverItLive Q&A: Class Design -- (11/9)

100 Night Elf Druid
Just a quick question, any chance of future Q&A sessions reverting to the original times as this is a pretty bad time for Aussies - as in 5:45 am start.

4:45am Brisbane :(

2:45am Perth... I shall be there in spirit, but Zarhym, if you visit in my dreams, I shall be terrified.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Posted by Enika
In the middle of the day? Awww, everyone's gonna be at work.

Think about it,... that's why this one is slotted for that time. We'll get one about professions in the afternoon when US players can get on. Those are easier to answer.

So yea. This post just happened. I read it.

I don't think i get it...
Easier because Americans write them, and we ask dumber questions I suppose (:P), but not zarhym's answer
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone care to ask if Paladins will be waiting until MoP to see Judgement generating HP as a baseline, or if the current 2pc(T whatever the hell drops in Dragonsoul) bonus will be folded into the skill for 4.3?
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Shaman
Just a quick question, any chance of future Q&A sessions reverting to the original times as this is a pretty bad time for Aussies - as in 5:45 am start.

But it's a much better time for Europeans. We'll always try to fluctuate the Q&A schedule a bit to accommodate for our global audience. :)

Would you consider an Oceanic region problem event? Would cover things like "X mechanic is hard to use with latency", or such. Probably better as a Ask the devs than a live thing but you get the idea, yeah?
Reply Quote
80 Troll Priest
But it's a much better time for Europeans. We'll always try to fluctuate the Q&A schedule a bit to accommodate for our global audience. :)

Which is much appreciated by us Europeans! =)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Zarhym Can Aussies call dibs on a friendly time for the lore Q&A (assuming there will be one).

Aussies love lore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Meh, already got my question in last time (*fist pump*).

Still wish I could be there though. I fully support these QAs, they're one of the best things Blizz has done on the community site and it really does make you feel like the devs are listening to you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Question:
I've been playing this game for almost two years now, mostly priests and my DK. I enjoy my DK more because I don't die as much playing him. Yet, I really enjoy healing. I really don't understand the argument that cloth is better for us because of the enchantments that can be added. You can enchant plate, too. Why can't we clothies have the option to wear heavier armor? What is the logic behind limiting us to cloth?

Comment:
BTW, I love most of the robes we wear, because they are modest. I wish all of my classes had access to modest clothing also. It would be nice if we could add armor to our robes as well as enchantments. Thank you for transmogrification so I can get an old outfit and retrofit it for Pandaren use!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Bah, class design, the first one had mostly class questions.

We need a lore one.

if by class you mean Monks. I for one would like to know more about the future of Druids concerning the switch to 4-specs.
Reply Quote

That's a very good time for Aussies. Get up at 4:30 am; Run for 30 mins; Shower & dress; Eat breakfast; Then sit back and enjoy the conversation before you head off to work.

Lazy bones. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
11/07/2011 09:36 PMPosted by Zarhym

Think about it,... that's why this one is slotted for that time. We'll get one about professions in the afternoon when US players can get on. Those are easier to answer.

So yea. This post just happened. I read it.

Enika you are a fool to squander this chance to put the hard questions to blizzard about Professions!
easy to answer you say? then you have a duty to ask the hard questions!
it's called Journalistic integrity and you owe it to the U.S of A to FIND THE TRUTH!

class balance? a fie on your class balance! we need to know what blizzard is planning with Skinning! we want to know about Blizzards involvement with the BP oil spill and how it has affected the mining profession!
you have a job to do
and people are relying on you.
the Disenfranchised enchanters desperately trying to hawk weapon glows to feed their raid groups.
the Engineers who have studied for years only to realise their is no money in their field of expertise and resorting to flipping fish feasts to pay the rent!

GO FORTH CHOSEN CHAMPION! leave no stone unturned in your quest for the truth!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I doubt you'll pull a question from here for someone that won't be able to make it but I'll try anyway. When you compare Cataclysm (and maybe even what you have of MoP done) to World of Warcraft, the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King, do you feel the class balance is better done now or in one of the other three expansions? Why did you choose what you did and was it a PvE, PvP or overall choice?
Reply Quote
92 Human Paladin
so do we get to use our spirit beasts at all in the future
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Quote From Zarhym

But it's a much better time for Europeans. We'll always try to fluctuate the Q&A schedule a bit to accommodate for our global audience.

The Time for this is 6:45pm uk/7:45pm server time which is a better time of the day than 1am like the last one.

Thing is, The American devs obviously don't know that the UK/EU Reset is on a Wednesday (Americas is on a Tuesday, plus this Q&A is in the morning for them).

The majority of the player base who would be interseted in this will be UNABLE to take part due to the fact that they will be raiding at that time. (If they had bothered to do any reserch on the UK/EU forums the American dev responsable for this live Q&A would know this...)

So to cut a short story shorter us UK/European get the /slap yet again >_>
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
make me better thats all i ask
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Although dissapointed about the time, I am glad you are doing more of these. Your previous CoverItLive must have been considered a success.

Gotta say it's a much better approach than a forum thread full of ridiculous questions with spammed upvotes/downvotes.

Or a "class concerns and feedback" thread that goes unanswered :(

Or ....
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Bah, class design, the first one had mostly class questions.

We need a lore one.

if by class you mean Monks. I for one would like to know more about the future of Druids concerning the switch to 4-specs.

A lot of the questions from the first one were about class abilities and stuff.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2532-Tyrael-s-Charger-PTR-Build-14899-Mists-of-Pandaria-Live-Developer-Q-A
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Are they going to pick some of the harder questions and allow follow-ups? Or just more softball stuff that's already been legitimately covered?

Example:

Is it going to be;

"Player1: X is broken, has been... when can we expect to see it fixed?"
"Dev: We're working on that."
"Player2: You're a God and I love you!"
"Dev: Thank you."

Instead of;

"Player1: X is broken, has been... when can we expect to see it fixed?"
"Dev: We're working on that."
"Player1: You've been saying that for about a year now. You can fix some stuff the benefits players over night (Direbrew dropping too much gold per player during Brewfest, etc etc...), but in a year's time you haven't fixed X yet?"
"Dev: actual explanation"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]