Save Alterac Valley!

100 Human Rogue
11/07/2011 10:57 PMPosted by Flubug
The old AV was amazing, amazing fights, one particular AV i was lasted 17 hours, i started it ,quit after 5 hours went to sleep, next morning was still on. Eventually we lost that one but it was amazing. I want the old AV back.

I never played the old AV, but during Burning Crusade we still had long drawn-out battles where on occasion Ivus and/or the griffins would be released. Winning often came down to resources, and the mines were actually important to attack and defend. Some of the best games came down to winning by less than 10 points. It was awesome.
Reply Quote
When was the last time you saw players actually collect the blood, flesh, and armor scraps. . . just sayin.
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Warlock
Foury, you are one of my greatest WoW hero ever.
It seems that you have been doing this for 4 months, trying to bring back the old epic battleground which every PvPer wants.
I admire your determination, we got your back.
I can't believe Blizzard doesn't realize they screwed up a once epic battleground.
I sincerely hope you continue your mission on bringing back old AV, don't give up!
I'm relying on you, and you have my fullest support.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
11/07/2011 09:29 PMPosted by Foury
Do you want to being PvP back to Alterac Valley?

There's plenty of PvP when Alliance screws up somehow and everyone winds up fighting on the bridge. May as well just quit at that point a smooth zerg to bosses is the best way to AV, even if Horde still wins at least it was a fun boss race. For PvP I like the one with the glaives and oil refinery much better.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
11/08/2011 04:09 AMPosted by Poochy
When was the last time you saw players actually collect the blood, flesh, and armor scraps. . . just sayin.

I did, but I spawned right near the questgivers so how can I not? They gave no real bonuses and only +1 guild rep so it was pointless.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
11/08/2011 04:13 AMPosted by Polenzsky

Last week but it happened a lot more often before they nerfed AV into this boring abomination
Used to do this all the time, back before they nerfed guard drops. Oh god the days of summoning Gryphon Riders or seeing the surprise on the Horde's face as they were surely and swiftly pushed back from an all-out alliance turtle by 5 elite druids and the rest of the Alliance forces only minuts later to come face to face with the equivalent raid boss.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
11/07/2011 11:07 PMPosted by Dillbert
AV weekend is the last fun thing that keeps me coming back. Please don't take that away.

THIS. my fav weekend, by far.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

And not many people know that 6X supply that's near the enemy base from the mines or 30X from the mines near their base's mine = reavers

I haven't had any luck in getting people to do the gather supply quest recently so I'm not even sure if they could still be summoned or how powerful they are, people don't even know there's an AV trinket to port back to base these days
Hey they were buggy back in BC, I'll assume they are buggier still. Nothing like collecting 200 damn orbs and then seeing them go to waste. My personal favorite was upgrading the armor on the guards and getting them to despawn altogether instead.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
AV is dead, man. I had a nice, long epic post back in Wrath that had complete support and zero disagreement. And AV is still what is is today.

I think you'd be better off hoping for a new BG that works like old AV.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Save AV mon , ski-doo mounts for everyone !
Reply Quote
53 Night Elf Rogue
11/07/2011 11:16 PMPosted by Foury
AV weekend is the last fun thing that keeps me coming back. Please don't take that away.

Blizzard can make a "Classic" version and a "Modern" version. It's not like this has never been suggested before.

We can call it "AV Generations"!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Eliminate AV all together. Replace it with something better. I'll start working on the form letter.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I have leveled all my characters, so sure change it now. As long as it comes back for the monk class so I can use it to power level again.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/07/2011 10:59 PMPosted by Duskwhisper
one particular AV i was lasted 17 hours

This isn't a good thing. Trust me on this.

You may be thinking it was a good thing back in the day, but why would one want to waste so much time on a stalemate?

woah woah woah.. Back in the day it was a good thing. Before when you could kill someone and get unlimited honor from them, then 10 kills before dim. returns, to now (not sure but it's gotta be lower.).

Either way the longest AV I saw was a 73hr AV. This was back in the day when it was server only BGs. It was pretty epic that it kept up that long and so many people changed through (though you could tell there was a couple chinese farmer/botters for HWL when you saw people with 1k+ HKs).

Either way I want classic AV back.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
whenever i play AV i try to hang in the armor scraps etc. because I've never actually witnessed what happens when the reinforcements come in :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]