Blizzard Q&A.....For only 9 of the classes?

90 Dwarf Warlock
So this Q&A Alot of other classes got the important questions answered. All but one.

The meaningful Hunter questions got ignored again. Why because people would rather play with all their pets, or use snake trap for damage, then ask the important questions like Hunter Pet Bugs, Scaling, 2 failing specs.

Really even when some people asked those questions Blizzard ignored them. Why, why would you ignore the important questions instead answer questions from Weekend Hunters?
Reply Quote
Ok, so whats you're all important question that you woulda asked?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Hunters got important questions answered.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
11/09/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Quard

Yes because the important questions were "Why cant I use exotics in MM?" And "Why does Snake Trap do terrible damage?"

11/09/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Gatsumarim
Ok, so whats you're all important question that you woulda asked?

Why is Surv's scaling poor?
We have been with pet bugs forever any chance to fix them?
BM has great potentional damage but when it comes to live it suffers via Target Swaps, Air phases ect. Any plans to fix this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
they answered a question about aspect of the cheetah. they said that they intend to remove the daze effect and just make it remove the speed bonus if you get hit for a period of time.

that is something.

not a ton, but something.

at least it shows they are thinking about things a bit.

at least a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/09/2011 12:23 PMPosted by Quard

Ya, that we don't know how to play our own class.

Rates right up there with "BM is fine" from blizzcon and "SV is fine if not a little high" from earlier in the year.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hunters have a lot of damage coming from high values of static nonscaling Attack Power and high base damage, but severely lack longterm scaling, causing them to fall behind by the end of the expansion despite starting very powerful in the first tier. Especially Survival. Are there any ideas or plans to address overall Hunter scaling?

That was sent to them by a loottttt of Hunters and is the most important question regarding the state of Hunters in 4.3 and beyond, and it was ignored. In fact, we were told that evry Hunter, even top world Hunters, are all playing wrong, our math is wrong, and l2p.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It was the Warlock demon Q&A, dunno where you got the idea other classes were involved at all.

It was actually 10 classes, I forgot they answered questions about Monks
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Sometimes, when making smoothies I throw in some anti-freeze, Y'know "for Flavour"

Edit: for Clarification, That's why snake traps damage(that cant kill a critter) Is so low, it is there "for flavour". Basically they admitted it is a one spec, one gameplay spell that is intended to be coupled with 2 SV talents for any "utility"
Edited by Swindles on 11/9/2011 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
AS far as "X spec doesn't do as much damage as i think it should" complaints go, I think part of the problem is the raiding community's obsession with min-maxing everything to death to the point where if a spec doesn't match top logs or a sim they flip out. On top of that, they have no place in their DPS focused brains for anything besides raw DPS read outs or spreadsheets.

I honestly think a lot of raiders would be happier if every boss were just an extra large target dummy with a dragon model that flails its tail around but doesn't actually have any mechanics. Or if every class's abilities were even more homogenized to the point where everyone did exactly the same DPS in any given sim for a spec.

Pet bugs i think are more of a remnant from how they were hardcoded in the game all those years ago. Every year they fix a whole bunch of those pet issues, so i guess time will tell if the ones you're concerned about will eventually get there. Personally, i'd like to see a better pet bar system, the one in game drives me bananas.

I don't know what else to tell you, i thought that was one of the best Q&A or developer class discussions i've seen in a very very long time, even better than some of the class Q&A's they've had at past blizzcons.

EDIT: And given the changes in 4.3, is SV really going to be THAT bad? Or are you guys really just miffed about a supposed .5% difference between MM and SV or something? I haven't played my hunter much this expansion, so i am not terribly familiar about the rotations.
Edited by Gatsumarim on 11/9/2011 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Gatsu

Hunters are being benched in Dragon Soul progression in many top end guilds. But Blizzard's response is "l2p" and doesn't answer anything on scaling. Come the ____ on.
Edited by Bullettime on 11/9/2011 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

That was sent to them by a loottttt of Hunters and is the most important question regarding the state of Hunters in 4.3 and beyond, and it was ignored. In fact, we were told that evry Hunter, even top world Hunters, are all playing wrong, our math is wrong, and l2p.

This, this and more this.

I cannot begin to describe how enraging it is when Blizzard tells players, whom have spent hours upon hours of collective theorycrafting, are wrong. That there is some secret button combination you can press to achieve maximum dps. No, it doesn't work that way barring cheats. Unless blizzard has another "WhosYourDaddy" cheat code in WoW I see no possible way for those loons to be anywhere close to correct.

Sometimes the players are right, but Blizzard Devs will apparently never acknowledge that they are wrong. Instead they tell everyone else that they are being bad. Reminds me of LoL, where you have that one guy who insists he is perfect but the reason the team is losing is because of his teammates who are "feeding" rather than him, the 0-8 Kogmaw.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I just did "whosyourdaddy" in game. No difference in my DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
and even the quesions that were answered are bogus answers

-cheetah, o we will just make it remove the speed effect for a short time, great, thats somethign that should have been done YEARS ago

-snake trap DoT (question was worded poorly and didnt adress the main issue of that weak dot making tagret unCCable for its duration) -its there for flavor- ('hunter flavor' is literally what has been holding our class back for years)

its just irritating that our abilities literally counteract themselves, and blizzard thinks we are fine...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/09/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Gatsumarim
AS far as "X spec doesn't do as much damage as i think it should" complaints go, I think part of the problem is the raiding community's obsession with min-maxing everything to death to the point where if a spec doesn't match top logs or a sim they flip out.

That's the whole point of a DPS...........................we have nothing to fall back on. Pure DPS anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hunters definitely weren't the only ones with terrible questions and answers.

Apparently female Felguards are a big important part of the game.
Reply Quote
I would disagree to an extent. I would also argue that class design would improve if MMO developers didn't need to cater so much to hardcore raider min/maxing heal/tank/DPS purist type of players. I think a class's utility and how smartly its played in a given encounter should matter more than how close to a sim you spammed your DPS rotation.

I mean dont you want more out of encounter design than a target dummy for you to match up to a world log?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/09/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Gatsumarim
I mean dont you want more out of encounter design than a target dummy for you to match up to a world log?

What else is there to do as a dps once you learn the mechanics than to do as much damage as possible?
Edited by Foiblesqt on 11/9/2011 1:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
The breakdown was a bit more like this:

• DK 4 (5 if you want to count that dumb question about female ghouls)

• Dru 11

• Hunt 8

• Mage 6

• Monk 7

• Pala 7

• Priest 6

• Rogue 7

• Sham 6

• Lock 14 (6 minion related)

• Warrior 7
Edited by Nijeak on 11/9/2011 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]