[5/16 25M] Corvus recruiting Ranged {◕ ◡ ◕}

90 Draenei Paladin
The Corvus Coalition is a 25 man raiding guild located on Earthen Ring - US. We cleared both T12 and T13 while they were relevant, achieving server first Heroic Ragnaros and Heroic Deathwing.

Recruitment
We are currently recruiting all non-tank classes and specs, with an emphasis on ranged DPS, warriors, and enhancement shamans.

Our recruitment process is four phases long. During the first phase, you will fill out an application on our website, and we will ask you extra questions. Should we decide to accept you, you will be moved to the second phase and brought on one raid to ensure you are good enough to be granted a trial period. After this run we will invite you to the guild as an applicant, and the third phase begins. You will be an applicant for a minimum of four weeks while we assess your capabilities in both farm content and progression. After this, you will be accepted as a full raider or declined.

History
Does anyone read this anyway?

www.corvuscoalition.com <- GO APPLY. also we do officer loot and stuff.
Edited by Shanudis on 11/1/2012 10:50 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
Joined them soon after they came to the server. Very nice and understanding bunch of trolls, I MEAN PEOPLE. They realize you're human and things pop up and they work with it as best they can. They also troll trade cuz they ain't even mad.

Favorite guild I've been in in all of WoW. Not that I've been in WoW a long time. xD
90 Draenei Paladin
You didn't join until like 4.2 was a couple weeks away. go away trollfist >=(
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/09/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Shanudis
You didn't join until like 4.2 was a couple weeks away. go away trollfist >=(

THAT'S SOON TO ME
Bump for Corvus. Help Shanudis get a new shield!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bump.

Because why not?
90 Human Warrior
<3 all of you
90 Blood Elf Priest
<3 you too.
6 Blood Elf Rogue
If you really think 10 man raiding is harder than 25, I don't think anything anyone can say to you will change your mind.

(Though 10 mans don't count, right Riddle? ;) ).

Why the hate towards Riddle of Steel? With the exception of a couple members, each one i've ever met was nice, and very helpful. I don't think i've ever seen them take pot shots at Corvus in any of their recruitment threads.
90 Draenei Paladin
Shouldn't reply to trolls but...

You're putting words in my mouth. No one said anything about 10's being harder. Hell, this tier, 10 is certainly easier for the majority of fights due to the nature of the mechanics. Last tier was the opposite. Never gonna be balanced.

Where's the hate? Just poking fun at Riddle's comments in Firelands general chat that 10 mans don't count. :)

Edit: Hell for that matter, if you're reading this thread but you'd really rather raid 25s, go app to Riddle! They seem to be a great guild, and they know how to progress! Eleventh too, awesome folks. But if you want 10s.... we've got gold, get in the van.
Edited by Shanudis on 11/10/2011 12:37 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
^^ Good People.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Riddle of Steel just doesn't accept 10 man kills from our raid team as progression. If it wasn't killed on 25 man it wasn't progression. Not because one is harder/easier than the other but because we're a 25 man raiding guild. We might not kill Deathwing on 25 in one raid lockout so we'll have a 10 man team tackle it for an hour or two after the raid to see more of the fight or grab some gear, but we wont say HELL YEAH RIDDLE IS 7/7N Dragon Soul! We're 6/7 because it wasn't killed on 25.

We also recognize 10 man guilds who get server firsts, we just separate 10s and 25s. We look at it as a server first 10 and a server first 25. If Corvus is 6/7N and Riddle is 7/7N we won't say we are the best on the server, we'll say we are the best 25 man on the server.

That said we do like to poke fun at 10 mans because you have to admit some fights are easier on 10 man :P
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Though 10 mans don't count, right Riddle? ;) ).

This...Our alt 10 man with a healer in Blues and Greens caught up to you in 10 man progression...10 mans are a joke I'm sorry. But hey GL after Old Republic comes out I hear you all are in good shape for 4.3 :)
Edited by Sublistic on 11/10/2011 5:24 PM PST
85 Human Paladin
;_; Socom, why are you male belf now?

fix it.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/10/2011 04:46 PMPosted by Rafikki
That said we do like to poke fun at 10 mans because you have to admit some fights are easier on 10 man :P

And that's why we poked back. ;)

@ Sublistic

Thanks for the good luck wishes. We're gonna have a fun time in TOR but just casually between raids. Still surprised it took you guys 2 full weeks after nerfs to clear heroics. Or was it 3?
85 Worgen Druid
11/10/2011 04:57 PMPosted by Sublistic
This...Our alt 10 man with a healer in Blues and Greens caught up to you in 10 man progression...10 mans are a joke I'm sorry. But hey GL after Old Republic comes out I hear you all are in good shape for 4.3 :)

Haters gonna hate.

LMFAO

See you in Dragonsoul.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We raid 2 nights a week for 3 hours...took us 4 raid nights to catch up.

Its not so much hate Fang tbh you guys right now are the best 10man. Until Starcaller gets back rolling.

I'm am excited to see if you guys actually follow through and kill an end boss before the patch...got about 3 weeks better get moving.
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh we're working hard on it. Rag can be a !@#$% on raid morale as anyone who has done it can tell ya. I'm sure you'll see an announcement before 4.3 ;)
85 Worgen Druid
We raid 2 nights a week for 3 hours...took us 4 raid nights to catch up.

Its not so much hate Fang tbh you guys right now are the best 10man. Until Starcaller gets back rolling.

I'm am excited to see if you guys actually follow through and kill an end boss before the patch...got about 3 weeks better get moving.

I don't doubt it after the nerfs. I am pleased however that the nerfs did allow your group to get back on its feet again after the rough start you guys had going into Firelands Heroics. I have to admit though, they really took the teeth out of the encounters. Minus Heroic Rag of course, that fight still retained much of its difficulty. Not as hard as it was before, but still a good challenge.
Heroic Alysrazor is a perfect example of the severity of the nerfs though. We managed to even pick up the achievement towards our birds on that fight post-nerf on hardmode. I would never have thought it possible after the time we spent on it pre-nerf getting the fight down.
Oh well, I can't complain. A little something extra to do on farm night before we plow back into Ragnaros the rest of our raid week. :)
Edited by Fanghyde on 11/11/2011 3:40 PM PST
60 Draenei Death Knight
Edited by Mortash on 3/26/2012 11:24 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]