Berserker Stance as an AoE stance?

100 Human Warrior
From the Q&A
A lot of warriors feel like the stance mechanic is a bit outdated. Are there any plans to make changes to warrior stances in MoP such as giving the passive stance bonuses to each spec or allowing all of the warrior abilities to be usable in all stances? I say the latter because I know a lot of Arms warriors would love the 10% damage boost over the 5% damage boost and 5% damage reduction. Thank you.
10:54

Ghostcrawler:
At the moment, we are considering Berserker as a +AE damage stance and removing all stance penalties and restrictions. Just use Battle for single-target and Zerk for AE. That isn't set in stone of course.

What ya think?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Finally get to disarm in battle stance. Just means Warriors pre cata, will never be like that again.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I really like the idea.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So, Arms will use Berserker in AoE situations and Fury will use Battle Stance in single target ones.

No more stance dancing unless you need whatever buff the stance gives in MoP.

I would like to see some things to promote stance dancing such as different moves doing different things depending on stance, or having SOME stance only moves (but give you a reason to stay there).

Maybe revenge can be our "Death Strike" when in D stance?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Meh, as Arms, I already stance dance to Berserker whenever I Bladestorm, and I sitll stance dance when I do a rotation that includes Sweeping Strikes/Thunderclap/Cleave. This is really nothing new for me but if it helps streamline the class more (instead of it being clunky for the new players), then I'm all for it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Seems pointless to have an aoe stance unless we get a wider array of more interesting aoe abilities or they have cooler effects in that stance. For instance sweeping strikes could have no duration limit in berserker or something? Don't know but if its just a +damage buff and no flavor its pointless.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/10/2011 08:05 AMPosted by Zÿlos
Seems pointless to have an aoe stance unless we get a wider array of more interesting aoe abilities or they have cooler effects in that stance. For instance sweeping strikes could have no duration limit in berserker or something? Don't know but if its just a +damage buff and no flavor its pointless.

But in the same sentence they mention the removal of all stance restrictions. Meaning that WW Cleave Sweeping Strikes and Thunderclap can be used in any stance.
What would be the point of making an AoE stance if all you AoE moves can be used in any stance unless Zerker did something to make AoE better?
I am thinking something like glyph of cleave being made baseline in zerker stance or no CD on thunder clap if this is the case.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/10/2011 08:53 AMPosted by Hooves
Zerker did something to make AoE better?
It would be this.

GC specifically says Berserker as a +AE damage stance. +AE damage. That means an increase to AoE damage in the stance, not that you HAVE to use that stance for whatever ability.

I'd rather they just do away with stances entirely than that... crap, but I will miss them if that happens.

I meant that in response to what the guy I quoted said about it unlocking abilitys and such, I guess I worded that a bit weird.

If they make it a straight + damage it still would not work quite right unless they made an AoE rotation. (The have been talking about that with all classes.)

If AoE is like it is in Rag, with predictable large AoE packs I can see that working but if it was like Anub or something with more random adds it might not work too good. Although I guess you would just add the odd cleave and WW in Battle stance at that point, which would make for some interesting game play.

If none of this makes sense, it's because I have not slept lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Stances are an out-dated mechanic that need to die. All it does is make the class more difficult to learn as a newer player, and more irritating to play as a veteran. Why should I have to press extra buttons that simply lets me use my abilities? Merge all of the stances together, or get rid of them. Please do not continue to restrict what we can and can not do because of a 6 year old class mechanic.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Well stances are pretty much already dead, without changing anything. each spec has a stance and can go about their day happily believing they only need that one stance. opening up the other stances skills has mad this even more so.where as in the past an experienced warrior might dance to pick up some extra utility, we really don't need to do that now.
To physically remove them from the game when their already largely irrelevant is not a big deal.

the aoe / single target stance is fine but if they restrict skills again were gonna get the same problem.

they should make our skills change based on which stance were in, heroic strike for instance could behave like cleave while in the aoe stance. people will actually use the system then.
Edited by Zulamplus on 11/10/2011 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
I'm kinda wondering if they'll do something like making stances modify our abilities. For example, in Berserker Stance Bloodthirst would deal 40% less damage but would hit 4 additional targets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

What would be the point of making an AoE stance if all you AoE moves can be used in any stance unless Zerker did something to make AoE better?
I am thinking something like glyph of cleave being made baseline in zerker stance or no CD on thunder clap if this is the case.

Well that was the essence of what I said. The stance might make them "better" but that is a very general term. What I was saying *if* literally the only difference is a +damage buff to aoe in that stance it is pointless , and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this was all they had in mind for it.

If an aoe stance is what they are doing I want to see them put a little effort in. I want zerker to make me a Saurfang-esque cleaving machine, with some cool bonuses (besides damage) to aoe. This is easily balanced out by the fact that battle stance can be made the obvious choice for single target.
Reply Quote
My guess is Sweeping Strikes/Blade Flurry stance
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I like how we all think that stances should affect our moves in some way rather then restrict/boost them.

Every stance should be useful to every spec of warrior, be it a prot warrior in battle stance to do more damage when he's not tanking or a fury warrior in defensive stance during a air phase where it's more important to survive then deal damage.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Warrior
I want this:

No rage lost from stance dancing.

Rotational, mobility, and shout abilities usable in all stances

Berserker Stance: reduces Single target damage abilities' effectiveness by 60%, however, they now strike 2 additional targets. Thunderclap, Cleave, Shockwave, Intimidating shout, challenging shout, and Whirlwind require Berserker Stance.

Battle Stance: Increases damage done by 10%. Disarm, Shattering throw, Retalliation, Hamstring, Sunder Armor, Pummel, and Victory Rush require Battle Stance.

Defensive Stance: Reduces Damage taken by 10%. Increases Threat Generated. Shield Wall, Last Stand, Enrage Regeneration, Shield Block, and spell reflect require Defensive Stance.

Prot keeps the 10% DR at all times, and the + threat at all times, through spec features.

Berserker Stance = Aoe, (Fury= WW, cleave, SW if specced, rotation), (Arms & Prot= rend, TC, SWif specced, cleave, rotation)

Battle Stance = ST + utilities.

Defensive Stance = Defensive Cooldowns.

That would be awesome, imo
Edited by Jabali on 11/11/2011 5:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I want this:

No rage lost from stance dancing.

Rotational, mobility, and shout abilities usable in all stances

Berserker Stance: reduces Single target damage abilities' effectiveness by 60%, however, they now strike 2 additional targets. Thunderclap, Cleave, Shockwave, Intimidating shout, challenging shout, and Whirlwind require Berserker Stance.

Battle Stance: Increases damage done by 10%. Disarm, Shattering throw, Retalliation, Hamstring, Sunder Armor, Pummel, and Victory Rush require Battle Stance.

Defensive Stance: Reduces Damage taken by 10%. Increases Threat Generated. Shield Wall, Last Stand, Enrage Regeneration, Shield Block, and spell reflect require Defensive Stance.

Prot keeps the 10% DR at all times, and the + threat at all times, through spec features.

Berserker Stance = Aoe, (Fury= WW, cleave, SW if specced, rotation), (Arms & Prot= rend, TC, SWif specced, cleave, rotation)

Battle Stance = ST + utilities.

Defensive Stance = Defensive Cooldowns.

That would be awesome, imo

Please god no. That is way too complicated for most players, and it would just end up being a PITA to play a warrior correctly. Here is something more simple:

All talents & abilities useable in any stance. Being in the following stance will grant you the following passive aura/benefit:

Battle stance: Does nothing. All abilites do as they state in your spellbook or talent tree.
Berserker stance: Increases damage on AoE attacks by 25%
Defensive stance: Decreases damage taken by 25%

It needs to be simple to understand and use. Or they can just put these modifiers into the abilities themselves and get rid of stances completely.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Warrior
I know my idea seems impractical, the way things are going with blizz, but honestly, it isn't that complex.

Your default stance, which gives access to all the abilities you really need, even utilities (except TC, I just realized, for prot), is Battle. It would have utilities and rotations. Aoes? go zerker. In trouble? go Defensive.

whatvever i like it :P

EDIT: honestly, I agree with hooves if they make stances that shallow. Without stance restrictions, there's no point.
Edited by Jabali on 11/11/2011 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]