Mists of Pandaria - release date spoiler?

(Locked)

92 Human Paladin
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC/ Mac)

Preorder Now

Preorder this item today and it should ship on 04/01/2012

Source: http://www.walmart.com/ip/World-of-Warcraft-Mists-of-Pandaria-PC-Mac-PC/19237345

Online $59.96 ..

Seriously Blizzard? $60 for an expansion? WotLK and Cata were only $40. What justifies that much of an increase in price? I have 4 accounts, and others who play have multiple accounts as well. Looks like either alot will not get this xpac or your going to lose even more subs. Is thier no end to your bad decisions?
It could be the CE. Or it could be a random made up placeholder number to go with the random made up placeholder date.
90 Troll Hunter
Do we need to do this with every xpac?

That means nothing. Walmart makes a guess at the date and the price to get your pre-order. Every seller does it, if you look at Gamestop and Bestbuy and everyone else they will do the same. Walmart just isn't as good at guessing as the electronics stores.
Edited by Razortusk on 11/10/2011 7:42 AM PST
100 Troll Hunter
Date sounds pretty accurate, as does the price.

I don't see the point of having, and paying for, more than one account. Except for multiboxing, which appears to be frowned upon.

EDIT: Oh shiz, I just got the date. That is funny.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 11/10/2011 7:42 AM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter

Heh. You can preorder your April Fool's day joke.
29 Human Warrior
hell, I was pretty ticked off when SC II went for $60. its good but not $60 good.

Most games are 40-50 bucks.

if this is true, it will turn off even more players, but I doubt it is. Probably a placeholder.

If they start charging $60 for games, the next logical step is to increase the month sub.

I really doubt that's true though.

April does sound right however.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
When a store wants to take preorders for an item, they have to provide a release date and price. That doesn't mean those dates and prices are accurate. I can't speculate for the date, but the price will probably be $40 like the other expansions.
100 Human Mage
Let's instantly blame Blizzard because retailers have never been wrong.

Oh wait.
41 Gnome Priest
$60 for an expansion?
90 Troll Hunter
hell, I was pretty ticked off when SC II went for $60. its good but not $60 good.

Most games are 40-50 bucks.

if this is true, it will turn off even more players, but I doubt it is. Probably a placeholder.

If they start charging $60 for games, the next logical step is to increase the month sub.

I really doubt that's true though.

April does sound right however.

You should be glad you don't live up here in Canada. Here games usually start at $60 and go up.
Do we need to do this with every xpac?

That means nothing. Walmart makes a guess at the date and the price to get your pre-order. Every seller does it, if you look at Gamestop and Bestbuy and everyone else they will do the same. Walmart just isn't as good at guessing as the electronics stores.

Yeah, this happens every time they announce a new expac.

Stores lie and make up release dates to get people to pre-order, and the forums are filled with "is this the real release date?" when it's not.

Perhaps, but I wonder how many suckers actually are going to pre order it and the date comes and goes and if by chance MoP isnt released until months later?

Or what if it really is going to be $60? Would you pay it? Why would you pay it? Why would you not pay it?

I don't pre-order anything. Big business doesn't need my money sitting in their accounts gathering interest for them months before I even know if I'm getting a product. /tinfoil hat

Regardless, 4/1/12 is not the release date. 1) It's April 1st. 2) It is a Sunday.

And if you pre-order for $60, and it ends up costing $40 (a safe bet) then you will receive a refund, most likely in store credit, for those who think that pre-ordering is really that important.

And would I pay $60 if that's how much it does cost? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on how into the game I am at the time. My interest is often fleeting at best. But deep down inside I'm addicted, so probably.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm calling PH
85 Troll Rogue
Retailers are only told the month in which a game will be released, not the date, until it gets closer to said date.

They put the first of the month, and that indicates it will be released in that month.

The price will always be the highest possible price they think it might sell for. People won't be mad if you give them money back. People WILL be mad if you say "Oh whoops it's actually more expensive you're going to have to pay us more".
100 Undead Warlock
They have to put a date on it. I think the Cataclysm one originally had a date in September or something like that.
45 Human Warlock
The true spoiler is for 4.3 release date. Which was in the conference call. No seriously the patch is coming next week.
100 Worgen Warrior
11/10/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Rubyheart

roflol
79 Worgen Druid
11/10/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Rubyheart

Nice catch! I lol'd.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]