Stampede

100 Dwarf Hunter
11/19/2011 07:53 AMPosted by Beastbane
they would have to consider all the petbars that would have to be active all at once though

Not neccesarily, one pet bar could be used to control where they go and who they attack at least, then you could just have them all use their abilities as it is set for them to use them when they are active, ie: if growl isn't turned on on their bar, it wouldn't be turned on for stampede, so on and so forth.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/18/2011 05:25 PMPosted by Stalkings
5 pets at 6k hp each... 30k, probably dead in AoE.

With the reduction in aoe for pets (which they would almost guaranteed be getting) that'd have to be a hefty aoe to kill em.

That only applies to some PvE mechanics.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Love how the blue post is on a MoP "good idea" skill post for hunters, instead of all these 4.3 patch posts. How about we talk about the now and not about the what if or a maybe in next expansion. We need skills fixed not added.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
i think it's a bout time hunter where op little agean IF they put that in as a new skill it will be nice to have .

11/10/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Marathel
I can see why hunters would love it, damn if i was a hunter i would love it but froma non-hunter PoV

11/10/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Marathel
Imagine the amount of stuns, traps / nets etc....while the hunter just stands back and beats on you.
this frome an op class hmm
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I think it will only be fair because think bbout it all classes got a op thing to them just matters how you play...For exp the mages got a Damn Ring of frost....

Ty blizz if you put this in =)) <33 let the nubs qq moar
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
more power to the hunter's
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Do we really need yet another ability? My poor hotbars. :(
Reply Quote
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

Yes.

I can see it now!

Victim: "No, please, have mercy!"

Me: "Release the hounds!"
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
I would say 2 abilities on a shared cooldown.
1) Stampede - Sends out all active pets for a short period of time
2) Multiplicity (Mirror image) - Sends out 4 additional copies of your summoned pet for a short period of time

Option 2 prevents people from grabbing 5 versions of the same spirit beast so they can summon 5 Loque'nahak's at the same time.
Edited by Bigbadwolfy on 12/21/2011 9:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I would rather Blizzard just fix the bugs and scaling issues that we're already dealing with rather than add something new to bungle. That seems rude, but really. The state of hunter dps in 4.3 is ridiculous. Stop trying to divert us from the lack of fixes with shiny new toys.
Reply Quote
7 Human Mage
I dream of such things as stampede but then the darkness of past pet handling falls over me.
Most start with ???? where is my pet bar???????? OMG where has my pet gone THIS time? Or why the hell is my pet standing there dumbly when Ive sent him into attack the boss 3 times to *ummmm sry guys sent my pet to kill skull have no damn idea why hes now attacking the mages CC monkey*......Ill just dismiss him...again.

So yes in an ideal world stampede would be awesome but in WOW realities imagine 5 pets attacking all nearby mobs randomly then expect the facepalming ,huntards!!! name calling,swearing,abuse etc finally followed by that sudden kick back to Stormwind.
Beside if we got that mages and all would spit the dummy out and demand they have more and better pets than us If a GM is reading this hunters and locks are the pet owners not all the other classes who got bonuses for NOT having a pet or did you forget that part of your initial dps equations >.<
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
12/22/2011 12:33 AMPosted by Mìssdirect
I would rather Blizzard just fix the bugs and scaling issues that we're already dealing with rather than add something new to bungle. That seems rude, but really. The state of hunter dps in 4.3 is ridiculous. Stop trying to divert us from the lack of fixes with shiny new toys.

^ this
While it may seem rude, I don't appreciate these silly "fluff" abilies that'll probably have a 10 minute recharge and be pretty useless for anything other than a novelty screenie of all of your pets bum rushing hogger while hunters have so many other issues that stand in need fixing.
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight
12/03/2011 06:43 AMPosted by Barundar
Do we really need yet another ability? My poor hotbars. :(

Bartender is your friend. I just switched my hunter and a few other Toons over after using it on my Warrior and Shaman for years, absolutely love it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Please do not add something like this as the pet AI is already buggy. This will just be a nightmare honestly. Please just fix our class and streamline our abilities to be useful like the other classes.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
No not want!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I would adore this!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter

Yes.

I can see it now!

Victim: "No, please, have mercy!"

Me: "Release the hounds!"

I am so making a macro to that effect.

/cast Stampede
/yell RELEASE THE HOUNDS!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Make a Hunter Stampede part of a future Hunter-specific Legendary. Along with all the other nice stats on the actual legendary give it a chance to proc the Stampede of 5 of your pets to aid you in battle for 20 seconds, and can only happen once a minute :).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
was actualy comeing to the hunter fourms to mention an idea like this but someone beat me to it. i would really be an amazing thing to have and i for one certinly wouldnt mind getting it if it ment it haveing a long cooldown. *pops readiness* :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]