Stampede

85 Worgen Hunter
You know what'd be a moar fun idea? If you fixed hunters.

But in all seriousness I only keep 4/5 pets on me in case one pops up I need to tame.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Rogue
Hi Randy Jordan! :D
Reply Quote
58 Worgen Death Knight

Yes.

I can see it now!

Victim: "No, please, have mercy!"

Me: "Release the Krakens!"

I am so making a macro to that effect.

/cast Stampede
/yell RELEASE THE KRAKENS!

Fixed
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
ferrets with cans of whoop a""
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow this would be cool. You know what would be even cooler? If blizz fixed the scaling issues of hunters so that they can be where they belong, dominating the dps charts.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I think this would be a cool ability and would not be the first ability a class has that allows them to call on multiple pets at once. Death Knights can call their army of ghouls, and shamans can spec to summon the ghost wolves. If this was to be made into an ability, then I don't think the extra stabled pets should be able to use any of their special abilities. Furthermore, the time limit and cooldown should be comparable to these abilities.
Edited by Teishu on 12/27/2011 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Bm is the only spec that currently lacks a special shot of its own. That said though i support this ability, I believe blizzard needs to Fix "KC" first and perhaps expand upon improving pets in combat/raid environments.

Furthermore the time is over due that Beastmasters should be allowed to operate with duel active pets. The current format of stampede sounds too filibuster and silly. What will happen if the target managed to kill one or two of our active pets after "Stampede" is unleashed? Allowing Bm to operate in similar fashion as "Shannox" would be a substantial improvement.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
OMG a blue post on the Hunter forums!!!! And yes that sounds very very good. I hope it is usable in arena. Web+ Roar of Courage + Furocious Howl + Stun + Silence = HaHa Hunters might be viable
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Bm is the only spec that currently lacks a special shot of its own. That said though i support this ability, I believe blizzard needs to Fix "KC" first and perhaps expand upon improving pets in combat/raid environments.

Furthermore the time is over due that Beastmasters should be allowed to operate with duel active pets. The current format of stampede sounds too filibuster and silly. What will happen if the target managed to kill one or two of our active pets after "Stampede" is unleashed? Allowing Bm to operate in similar fashion as "Shannox" would be a substantial improvement.

I'd rather them make the pet AI not completely suck for the one we have and not bug out on the smallest mechanic on a regular basic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/27/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Bullettime
I'd rather them make the pet AI not completely suck for the one we have and not bug out on the smallest mechanic on a regular basic.

^This. I recently gave BM a try as we don't currently have the 3% dam increase in raid and our shammy was out for the week so no bloodlust. As if the constant pet deaths, pet sticking on everything wasn't bad enough, if I see "pet must be in range" flash across my screen one more time I may put my fist through my screen.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
yes i compleatly agree. bm shouldget a duel pet ability somewhere int he talent tree. exotic pets are nice but honeslty thier not that great. something llike the arms warrior talent tree with two possible choices. one pet and have the ability to tame exotics. or have two normal pets out but unable to tame exotics.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/30/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Roukthar
yes i compleatly agree. bm shouldget a duel pet ability somewhere int he talent tree. exotic pets are nice but honeslty thier not that great. something llike the arms warrior talent tree with two possible choices. one pet and have the ability to tame exotics. or have two normal pets out but unable to tame exotics.

More pets means absolutely nothing if they aren't coded correctly nor can we operate correctly with just the single one.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
If they implement this, I'm filling my 5 slots with all of my newly acquired molten spiders! Can you imagine all 5 of them running out and webbing everything in site!?!?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
Also, can we please have the aggressive pet stance back? Assist sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
...Beastmasters should be allowed to operate with duel active pets.

Why? Do you really want to try and control two pets? I hope you never forget which pet is on which target (among tons of other problems that makes this idea no good...).

Cooldown where a bunch of pets come out and all attack the same thing with the same attacks but different skins?

Cool and doable.

Multiple pets independently controlled?

Clunky and not nearly as fun as you think it'll be.

EDIT: also, yeah we need aggressive stance back.
Edited by Quisquis on 12/31/2011 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
12/27/2011 12:38 PMPosted by Bullettime

Just because you lack the werethal to learn how to manipulate pet AI incombad and actually make them worth their weight is irrelevant to the majority of the community who can. If pet AI is such a challenge to you, just roll something that you dont have to worry about pet management or just put up with it: that simple.

12/30/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Bullettime
More pets means absolutely nothing if they aren't coded correctly nor can we operate correctly with just the single one.

A duel pet system can be easily designed. Technically we allready operate with multiple pets (companions/Guardians) and a second pet can function likewise with the simple addition of defensive/offensive buffs and debuffs that would actually make the system worth its weight. Or, the system could be emplemented in the same fashion as "single minded fury" allowing a hunter to use a single action bar to controll both pets for double results.

Sure Hunters have an armada of bugs in this day and age. However, those bugs are irrelevant to the evolution of the class/spec as a whole and any rebuttal in likewise fashion is both uneducated and without grounds. To procede into the future with improved mechanics surpasses fixing errors on abilitys that will be quickly outdated or incomplete in design. Kc should have scaled with mastery in addition to RaP, but it does not; and its constant glitching verifies that the ablility is not complete and is in need of further development. However Kill Command, though incomplete is a legitimate step by blizz in the right direction of pet conbat and I hope blizz both fixes existing bugs and adds additional abilities that would work in cunjunction with Kc that would make the ability more versatile and entertaining in the near future.

As far as cata goes 4.3 is the last tune of the expac. That said, if our bugs havn't been corrected now, you can prob forget it and keep pushing for those improvements. Beyond that, evolution is the key.
Edited by Agathorn on 12/31/2011 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Multiple pets independently controlled?Clunky and not nearly as fun as you think it'll be.EDIT: also, yeah we need aggressive stance back.

Clunky for someone who dosnt know/want micro management. The reason behind the removal of the old stances was because both noobish/irresponsible Hunters abused the system beyond reasonable bounds. Its replacement is a genuine reason to expand upon and buff hunters across the board.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I love the statements from the guy who hasn't done Madness to have their pet bug out under the tentacle and stop attacking for 10 seconds at a time.

Oh! Or Ultraxion where he just periodically stands around. Let's not forget Spine of Deathwing where the pet instantly dies on a tendon. Anyone remember Magmaw where the pet pathing would cause the pet to bug out on a piece of cracked floor and cause a LoS so it wouldn't attack nor could be dismissed? Let's ALSO not forget Conclave of Wind where the pet would die when jumping platforms for half of the content cycle. Or Heroic Shannox where the pet gets stuck in a deadzone when the tank is kiting Shannox away from Riplimb.

I can list more if you'd like.

Don't take shots at other players for pointing out problems that appear in content that you don't do. You can write it off as an l2p situation all you want to but hundreds of posts on bug report and many pathing complaint threads state otherwise. The pet AI and functionality are absolutely horrible on many raid encounters, and it gets worse and buggier the more "innovative" Blizzard tries to design their encounters.

Hell the pets can't even properly apply their special debuffs on platform style bosses like Ragnaros, Ultraxion, and Madness which is a straight raid DPS loss for 10m. Still not fixed because it requires modifications to pet pathing, the range of which the pet stays on a target, etc.
Edited by Bullettime on 1/1/2012 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Now now Bullet, he has done Morchok on normal. Clearly we're dealing with a pro. Clearly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]