Stampede

85 Night Elf Hunter
01/03/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Teppo
disengage isn't working yet no mention of any change with in the patch notes and so far there's been no blue posts to confirm or deny if this is a bug or working as intended.
i have yet to see it fail, and i use it constantly
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
01/03/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Shootnblànks
disengage isn't working yet no mention of any change with in the patch notes and so far there's been no blue posts to confirm or deny if this is a bug or working as intended.

Get stunned or immobilized midflight. You get death gripped back to the enemy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Forget the new ability, it sounds absolutely !@#$ing useless and nothing but a gimmick to entice hunters to continue to play their class.

How about you make ALL specs viable in PvP instead of just MM.

FIX DETTERENCE...... It's been broken for YEARS. If you want actual text and picture logs of your own mechanics failing (still getting hit by spells, melee, shots, pets, etc.), I would be more than enlightened to send them (over 100) to you.

For the LOVE OF Jesus mother %^-*ing christ, NERF DEATHKNIGHTS. It's absolutely retarded when a DK can deal INSANE DPS and heal like he has nonstop druid HoT's up. It's broken, unbalanced, and just OP and is clearly being overlooked considering how much of the remaining WoW community has !@#$%ed about it.

Do your ^-*!ing job and listen to your player base who keeps your @#$ in a current job or continue to lose more subs.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I have to agree, Stampede sounds like little more than a party piece for the pokeman trainers.

Then again even if it's like a watered down attack which only made sure all five pets end up dieing horribly in one aoe it can't be any less exciting than camo.

My deepest wish for wow is that someone at blizzard played the class comprehensively enough that they could sit down and iron out the kinks not because we tell them about them, but because they knew about them already due to having to deal with them on a day in day out basis.

Then we wouldnt have to wish on a star every expansion because there would be a hunter advocate who knew what the class needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Then we wouldnt have to wish on a star every expansion because there would be a hunter advocate who knew what the class needed.

I don't think its going to happen. As sad as that makes me, I love the hunter class and just feel no desire whatsoever to make a different toon my main. I have an 85 warrior and every other class but shammy and druid at 80 and up. So I've experienced the other classes pretty extensively. None of the rest feel right, the other classes just don't do it for me. So the end of the hunter class will pretty much mean the end of my sub. I hate that Blizzard is taking this tone with legitimate hunter complaints, they've made it clear that they simply aren't interested.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
11/10/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Kaivax
One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

so did it make it to Development team?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
02/28/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Jedenn
One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

so did it make it to Development team?

From what I understand it did make it to the devs. The warlock devs.

Can you say leaching shot? Any rogues out there?
Reply Quote
87 Orc Hunter
Would have been a great BM CD. But with the access to readiness on BM, I highly doubt that making this an option is viable. I don't want BM to get super nerfed again, especially now that it's finally starting to become meh, instead of lol.

However, I would love to see this implemented in BM specific. Except all special abilities from the other 4 pets are disabled, only allowing them to auto-attack (perhaps allowing them to smack, bit, and claw as well) for 20 seconds. Good damage burst, but nothing super powered. I wouldn't think that letting them benefit from Beastial Wrath would be a good idea either.
Reply Quote
87 Orc Hunter
01/03/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Bullettime

Get stunned or immobilized midflight. You get death gripped back to the enemy.

I had a silly moment while dueling my friend once. He imp hamstringed me mid disengage (he knows our position is right where we started it), and not only did I fall to the ground, I started to gradually slide right back to where he was at. We just lol'd but inside, I cried a little knowing how messed up my class mechanics are and how nothing is ever done to fix them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The pets should be able to use their activatied abilities on their own. We shouldnt be able to control them specifically like our active pet, and they should give their normal buffs. and make this viable with spirit bond so we can actually have a heal for like 12 secs. If you make this viable with beastial wrath then, have 1 pet get the attack power bonus, and the rest just get the cant be feared, stunned, dazed, etc
Edited by Inkarran on 2/29/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
no update so far from press release

pls update scrapped or not
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Cool in theory, but will be lack luster in execution... gauranteed.

Nerf, buff, nerf, buff... you guys know the drill.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
found it
from Mists of Pandaria Press Tour Interview - Greg Street

Q: Which new class abilities are you most excited about?
A: I think a lot of hunter players have guessed it but the hunter level 87 ability is basically you get all your pets at once for a short amount of time. So if you have 5 pets in your stable, they all come out and do damage for a little bit of time, and that’s really fun cooldown for them. I think it increases Beast Master’s damage by 80% while they’re out, or something ridiculous like that. That’s a pretty fun one. The rogue 87 ability is group stealth, so you get to have your whole group be stealth for a short period of time, that’s cool. The most complicated one is symbiosis for the druid, where they give you a druid ability and they get one of your class abilities to use. The matrix there sounds more confusing than it really is but there's a lot of weird gameplay going on with the kind of abilities that get traded around that way. It will take a lot of iterations, and we give players abilities that are way too powerful and then we have to scale them back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My fear is this... will it be an ability like us warlock's Inferno/doom guard to which you cant use it in arenas......

I really hope its not, because im a big pvper on my hunter
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Hunter- "I pick: All the Pokemans!"

All the pokemans gain 'bugged health'.

Mage casts 'AOElol'

It's super effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]