Stampede

100 Draenei Hunter
I hope they dont all spawn with 4k hp and get 1 shotted..o.o
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It will be the 5 pets that come out for 5 seconds and scale 80% with you stats on a 5 minute CD.Here is what they are not telling you. When you pop any CD that increases your stats, your pet does not get the benefit until after 4 seconds.

Open your pet window, look at their damage, now use aspect of the hawk...you will see their damage go up in about 4 seconds, now use aspect of the fox, it will drop almost instantly. Now use hawk again and time it.

Welcome to the world of scaling, something which is being addressed in Mists. Our pets will require much less stat scaling than currently.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/19/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Jinroh
if pets dont stat scale, that means they dont scale at all which means hunters will be strong when the game comes out and get worse and worse and worse as gear progresses. I highly doubt this is the case.

You're referring to a different kind of scaling. I'm referring to the scaling that occurs when our pets are called after being inactive. Currently, they are summoned with their base stats and then scale up to the proper values. In Mists, the amount of time that it takes to scale from base stats to proper stats is being removed when possible and reduced when not possible.
Reply Quote
stampeed is not the ability hunters need to catch up in pvp, we dont need a damage CD, we need a utility CD, but it wont happen, neither will our traps finally be updated, nor will our CC be on par with eveyur other CC in game by having some ofrm of dot protection that is not, wait till the dot falls off (ps this is huge in world of dot craft, and hurts our sinergy with other classes, by a large amount

but no worries, we wilkl get new rare challange taimes, so hunters are fine L2P
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Honestly... When the "novelty" wears off... Given a choice between this and readiness, which would you choose?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/19/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Nukit
Honestly... When the "novelty" wears off... Given a choice between this and readiness, which would you choose?
Readiness have more viability
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/19/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Nukit

What's your point? Readiness is a talent available to all specs, this is a level 87 ability, available to all specs.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Ohhhhh... I see. Thought it was an either or thing.. zzzip :i
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

What's your point? Readiness is a talent available to all specs, this is a level 87 ability, available to all specs.

BW+Stampede
Readiness
BW+Stampede

/nom nom nom

Now, imagine a RBG, where 5 hunters do this (Edit - yes I realize that BW will most likely affect only our primary pet) ...
Edited by Zulgaro on 3/19/2012 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
that would be awesome imagine 5 core hound pets coning after you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/19/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Nukit
Ohhhhh... I see. Thought it was an either or thing.. zzzip :i

The real question is how Stampede, Bestial Wrath, and Readiness will interact with each other?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Probably about like expose armor and the first vial of shadows did..
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
03/19/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Zulgaro

BW+Stampede
Readiness
BW+Stampede

/nom nom nom

Now, imagine a RBG, where 5 hunters do this (Edit - yes I realize that BW will most likely affect only our primary pet) ...
mage: ring of frost, ice block, GG to you hunter
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
11/11/2011 08:01 PMPosted by Konkuss
Don't worry...it will be neutered quickly like AotD was for DKs.

Amen! Really this is what they are doing to help hunter? its just a gimmick or another tune for the blizzard merry-go-round. up and down,around and around we go. I was hoping for class balance in MoP but i havent been sold on it yet. They are too busy with the gimmicks (farmvile, pet battles, LFR, ect). They can tell you everything about the gimmicks but when it comes to class balance its ''maybe will try this" ''we think this might work'' ect. You would think they would have a plan for balance but its just ideas that they throw on live server's and test it from there(to a point) If they would put as much effort into the balance as they do hype,then we would have a awesome game. Dont get caught up in the hype. I did in cata and look what that got us
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

BW+Stampede
Readiness
BW+Stampede

/nom nom nom

mage: ring of frost, ice block, GG to you hunter

Ice Block is always a good counter for BW, and it's usefulness against Stampede would be based on duration. So, while your RoF would fix my Stampede, and your Ice Block would fix my BW - what are you going to do about my second set?

Ring of Frost last 12 seconds, on a 2 min cooldown - Cold Snap will give you 2.
Army of the Dead lasts 40 seconds. Feral Spirits last 30 seconds. So, at the low end, Stampede lasting above 20 seconds is reasonable (depending on what all the stable clones do)

So, you can handle my first set of cooldowns, what are you going to do for the second (assuming Readiness does actually reset those...which is up in the air)?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
So help me god if I have to learn BM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]