Stampede

100 Tauren Paladin
11/10/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Kaivax
"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

Just take all my money. Here it is. Take it. <opens wallet>

My hunter has been wanting this since the heady days of TBC. A sort of orbital hunter-pet death-ray parachute-drop? Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Normalize all the damage coming from it... do whatever you have to do... but get us that visual. Having 5 pets of your choice just coming in and wrecking your enemy is too awesome to not have.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
just give BM hunters the ability to turn into a beast.

lol jk
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/10/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Sivenom
If army is useable in arenas, stampede would have to be too; but if army isn't, then stampede shouldn't -- they essentially are duplicates with different rols... Army is best applicable as a tank and stampede is best used as a dps(as if hunters can be anything else, I know. But taken into consideration what its intent is...)

Personally, if an ability can't be balanced for arena use, it shouldn't exist (obvious exception - threat tools and raid utility like BL and Battle-rezzes).

If a spec is balanced in PVE on having said DPS cooldown (or "defensive" i.e. army), and that ability is restricted from arena, specs which don't have those abilities are at 100%, and the spec that does is not.

Very few abilities are limited from Arena currently, if I recall right.
Shaman Totems - Shaman is "enshrouded" by the appropriate elemental, enhancing his abilities (i.e. Earth Shock becomes a taunt, takes less damage, etc). After the duration has expired, or the elementals "health" is depleted, or the shaman moves too far from the totem, the effect ends. You don't have the big gain you currently get from using them, but you do gain a 2nd life, of sorts, and bonus effects, and the elemental isn't limited by AI limitations.

AotD - just needs a tone down in effect. The alleviating factor could be a simple cast, and not a long channel. In PVE they are mostly for eating hits more than anything (I think...)
Edited by Zulgaro on 11/10/2011 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I really like the idea of replacing Fervor with this on that tier of talents. Ferver is just totally underwhelming compared to readiness. The one problem I could see with this would be readiness is so good for both pvp and pve, it seems like it would be hard to bring this up to a comparable power level without being too bursty for pvp.

Edit: I guess another option would for it to just not be usable in arenas. Not sure how the devs would feel about a talent that specifically doesn't work in arenas.
Edited by Balgur on 11/10/2011 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Glyph of Stampede: Causes your kill command to effect all of your pets summoned by stampede instead of just one but lowers the duration of stampede by X seconds and increases damage done to your pets by 50% for the duration of Stampede.

where X would be like 50-70% of what the duration would be.
Edited by Qualk on 11/10/2011 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
11/10/2011 01:49 PMPosted by Balgur
Edit: I guess another option would for it to just not be usable in arenas. Not sure how the devs would feel about a talent that specifically doesn't work in arenas.

they've done this with a number of abilities already.

lay on hands
battle rezes
shaman elemental totems
heroism
time warp
blood lust
ancient hysteria
soulstones
engineering belt tinkers

etc..i'm probably missing a few.
Edited by Qualk on 11/10/2011 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, Since I wasnt Near a computer When the Q&A Was happening, Heres My question... What happend to 2H Enhancement Shamans? Why did you Make it for Duel wilding To be the Best way? Shamans have to have a reason for being able to Equip 2h weapons.... Please Give us a choice between the 2 i hate being Forced Into 1 handers... Also the Wind Shear Idea Was bad, Making Us spec Into Ele for reverberation or either get murked by every caster.. Do you guys have any ideas about this?
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Ok, Since I wasnt Near a computer When the Q&A Was happening, Heres My question... What happend to 2H Enhancement Shamans? Why did you Make it for Duel wilding To be the Best way? Shamans have to have a reason for being able to Equip 2h weapons.... Please Give us a choice between the 2 i hate being Forced Into 1 handers... Also the Wind Shear Idea Was bad, Making Us spec Into Ele for reverberation or either get murked by every caster.. Do you guys have any ideas about this?

post on the shaman forums please...
Reply Quote
61 Gnome Death Knight
11/10/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Zulgaro
Personally, if an ability can't be balanced for arena use, it shouldn't exist (obvious exception - threat tools and raid utility like BL and Battle-rezzes).

Nice...because you can't use it in arenas it shouldn't exist.

This is way PVEers hate PVPers and 90% of the reason you guys get kicked from dungeons in your PVP gear.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
An ability to send out all the pets at once on a long cd would be so cool!

I could have an army of Monkeys!

Thanks Kaivax, coconuts are in the mail!

Omg...an army of monkeys! So epic! Please please make this happen.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, I think BM should be able to have 2 pets out at once. It'd spice up the Hunter class by providing BM with a *great* incentive and keep the other specs' flavors in tact.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/10/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Qualk

they've done this with a number of abilities already.

lay on hands
battle rezes
shaman elemental totems
heroism
time warp
blood lust
ancient hysteria
soulstones
engineering belt tinkers

etc..i'm probably missing a few.

Wrong, those listed are not talents but abilities and items. I find it unlikely that Blizzard would put a talent in MoP that couldn't be used in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
One thing that I'm hoping to see in 5.0 is a way to manage our stable from afar. Currently there is no way to rearrange our pet list when we're not in an area with a stable, nor is there a way to change which active pets we have.

I understand there's a certain flavor in having to visit the stable to manage pets, but with the advent of pets covering many standard raid buffs and debuffs there is a lot of need to swap out pets, sometimes mid raid (especially in pugs) and nobody wants to wait for someone to go to the stable master to go find their ravager.

Additionally, the current mechanism for pet management actually removed something I used to be able to do in the field in Wrath. It used to be possible for me to swap my "default pet" with the old pet management interface. Now if I'm in the middle of a raid and I want to change which pet I'm summing with my default pet summon button (which is set to call pet 1), I really can't do anything about it. I have to remember everytime which pet I mean to bring out (which I forget constantly on the rare occasions I need to run a different pet from my standard) and manually select it from the menu, or else remember 5 different summon pet hotkeys. The ability to have 5 different pet summons is great, but the fact that you can't rearrange their order outside of a stable master means that the requirements for accessing the pet you're currently using become more complex.

Anyhow, I'd love to see the requirement of visiting a stable master go away (even if it's on an hour cooldown or something, it'd still be more convenient since you don't know till the pug gets started a lot of times which pet you'll need). If stampede used our 5 active pets, this would be more critical. But more importantly, I think there needs to be a way to at least rearrange your 5 active pets without returning to a stable master, or some better mechanism to set your default call pet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
i just want a bm talent that lets me have 2 pets out at once permenantly

i mean shannox can do it and My hunter is a way better hunter than he is, that's why i get to wear his face around.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

The quest in Borean Tundra "The Assassination of Harold Lane" Gave me quite a chuckle watching the mammoths trample over Harold Lane. Yes i would like to see some type of ability like that. It would be fun XD

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Hmm this is something that would be intresting/fun
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

As a non-hunter, I liked it better the old way. It felt "right" that the hunter would be penalized for using a speed ability before he was safely out of attack range. If he is reduced to 100% move speed, it will still be difficult to attack a fleeing hunter. You'll get one or two hits in and then have to try to catch up again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Im just posting to show the devs my support of this idea, anyone who is for this should do that same!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]