Stampede

65 Night Elf Hunter
Now THIS would be something to look forward to getting at high level(.)...haha

Make it BM exclusive.
Have it so the Hunter can fill a "STAMPEDE" que with whatever choice of 5 Pets that they own.
As to it's effects on the Targets, just let it do Knockdowns, and maybe Disarms after they recover on everyone in the large AOE of the STAMPEDE(.)
(No DPS, just a real nice AOE Knockdown and Disarm, and a REALLY cool looking visual)!
...in fact this is really nothing but a large AOE TRAP with a cool visual concept skin on it. It would really compliment the Class and game well, and be a nice reward to progress towards and get at high level. The Ornament at the top of the Talent Tree so to say!

-On a similar note, how about this for a new Talent:

FURY OF THE FAUNA
The Hunter causes a group of nearby "Critters" to swarm and overwhelm Targets in the area.
(This would be a lower level Talent, BM exclusive).

qq...I wish EYES OF THE BEAST were still in the game...at least for BMs. :(
It was like a minigame somehow when I used it. Next to DEATHGRIP, it was my favorite Talent in the game.

Plz, Blizzard, Classes NEED cool signature Talents. EYES OF THE BEAST was one of them.

:)...and Thanks so much for bringing back CORPSE EXPLOSION!
They REALLY make the game.
Edited by Tehkay on 11/10/2011 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yay ive suggested this more like a year ago <_< But I called it Bestial Barrage instead :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So, would it use our pets we have on hand or would it be more like the group of npc's we get when you do the Firelands daily at Sethria's Roost? Just some random animals.

Would it use any of our pet's special abilities?

It sounds cool but I can see where there might be problems especially with all the pet bugs we still have. It's bad enough having one pet bug out on the landscape and end up pulling stuff, 5 would be a hunter's worst nightmare.

Visually it would be fun to watch, and probably an omg moment for the one being attacked.
Having 3 or 4 hunters do it at once and have 15 or 20 pets attacking someone.....I want to see that.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
One thing that I'm hoping to see in 5.0 is a way to manage our stable from afar. Currently there is no way to rearrange our pet list when we're not in an area with a stable, nor is there a way to change which active pets we have.

I understand there's a certain flavor in having to visit the stable to manage pets, but with the advent of pets covering many standard raid buffs and debuffs there is a lot of need to swap out pets, sometimes mid raid (especially in pugs) and nobody wants to wait for someone to go to the stable master to go find their ravager.

Additionally, the current mechanism for pet management actually removed something I used to be able to do in the field in Wrath. It used to be possible for me to swap my "default pet" with the old pet management interface. Now if I'm in the middle of a raid and I want to change which pet I'm summing with my default pet summon button (which is set to call pet 1), I really can't do anything about it. I have to remember everytime which pet I mean to bring out (which I forget constantly on the rare occasions I need to run a different pet from my standard) and manually select it from the menu, or else remember 5 different summon pet hotkeys. The ability to have 5 different pet summons is great, but the fact that you can't rearrange their order outside of a stable master means that the requirements for accessing the pet you're currently using become more complex.

Anyhow, I'd love to see the requirement of visiting a stable master go away (even if it's on an hour cooldown or something, it'd still be more convenient since you don't know till the pug gets started a lot of times which pet you'll need). If stampede used our 5 active pets, this would be more critical. But more importantly, I think there needs to be a way to at least rearrange your 5 active pets without returning to a stable master, or some better mechanism to set your default call pet.

Check out the first macro in this post for help with calling pets:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=5#93
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
wow a blue post here, thats new xD this will be a really great ability imo
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

Check out the first macro in this post for help with calling pets:
<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=5#93" class="bml-link-public">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416111670?page=5#93</a>

Thank you but that really doesn't solve the issue. The problem is that remembering which pet is in which slot and which one you actually want to call for the particular raid you're currently on is quite a hassle. It would be far more convenient to be able to set "this is my pet for right now" and be able to use one button to summon it, then change it as needed without having to go back to a stable master. That's something we used to be able to do more easily, but with our larger stable and 5 call pets, we lost the ability to reshuffle our pets on the go.

You can ask my raid members how many times I've summoned my first pet out of habit after a wipe, then realized midfight it's not the pet I meant to use for that particular fight. Sometimes I realize before we pull, and then I have to dismiss the pet and get out the correct one, but it's really just inconvenient having to remember which of 5 pets to summon instead of being able to designate my current default summon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
NOM
Yah, like this is ever going to happen. Not to mention how retarded it is.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
No. I don't want to have to carry five pets at all times, or feel I have to have five dps pets at all times to maximize the damage of this kind of ability.
Reply Quote
I am willing to bet that Stampede will work to something similar to that you sitll control your main pet and the other pets summoned will act as pure dps (aka shaman spirit wolves). You won't be able to control their specials or each one seperately. I look for a 5 Min CD with a 30 Sec (Max) duration.

I will admit that a 5 man Hunter Arena Team will be pretty lulz with 25 pets heading towards the healer in the corner.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
[quote]
•With Aspect of the Cheetah on you won't get dazed when attacked, but the speed bonus will be turned off when you get hit.

God damnit now I need a name change :P
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

Make this happen, please make it happen!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

I remember suggesting something like this prior to the release of Cata. I envisioned it being a max level ability on a cool down similar to army of the dead. "The traveling zoo" would have all 5 of the hunter's active pets attack simultaneously for 15 seconds. CD of 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
This would be a very fun ability. However, I forsee two different possible implimentations of it. Either we'll get 5 generic pets with no pet buffs (bleh), or (hopefully) we get to use the pets we are currently carrying with us and get their buffs/special abilities/attacks. I don't personally see much of a problem with the 2nd method. After all, most likely the duration will only be 30 seconds or something else really small, so we get a tiny amount of time with several buffs, and a long cooldown before we could use it again. I'll grant you that coding the 2nd method might be a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure the coders can manage it. Probaly just give the pets a similar AI like army of the dead. And it would finally add some long lost individuality back to hunters. Each hunter would have their own mix of pets they can unleash. It does seem more of a BM spec ability than other specs, so perhaps it might be made a talent choice in the new tree. As to if this should be allowed in PVP or not, I admit I don't care as I don't PVP a lot, but as others have said, it seems reasonable to put the same limitations on it as army of the dead.
Reply Quote
I love this idea, please really consider adding it.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Aspect of the ferret 5 ferrats (with cans of whoop *** optional) come to aid you
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
omg my excitement to see such a spell as army of the pets is immense!

I can see it now, 5 spirit beasts. Hunter heals from 10% hp to full in 10 seconds!

Core hound+spirit beast+shale spider+dino+bat. you get.

1. a self heal.

2. Blood lust

3. spider net

4. bat stun

5. 5% crit buff

6. battle shout

7. call of the wild

8. roar of sac

9. roar of recovery

10. mark of the wild

We can pop "army of the pets" and bestial wrath at the same time right? full focus bar=110 focus= enuf focus for all 5 pets to kill command at the same time, and follow up with a arcane shot.

i am excite.

but its hunters so who knows how horribly designed the mechanics will be.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So, would it use our pets we have on hand or would it be more like the group of npc's we get when you do the Firelands daily at Sethria's Roost? Just some random animals.

We're talking about something that is completely hypothetical, so anything is possible.

I personally would want the ability to call the five pets that I actually have on hand at the time, since that would give me control over what everyone sees when I send out the stampede.

Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense for the spell effects to not vary much from hunter to hunter, so special abilities would be right out, *but* I wouldn't mind seeing the pets going through their best motions.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

We're talking about something that is completely hypothetical, so anything is possible.

I personally would want the ability to call the five pets that I actually have on hand at the time, since that would give me control over what everyone sees when I send out the stampede.

Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense for the spell effects to not vary much from hunter to hunter, so special abilities would be right out, *but* I wouldn't mind seeing the pets going through their best motions.

But unless somehow all does same damage, it seems damage will vary vastly from hunter to hunter based on what they carry. All 5 Ferocity will give you the best damage. And for PvP purpose people use multiple non-tenacity pets. So the damage output will be much lesser.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]