Stampede

100 Human Hunter
Because it's only for a few seconds. And on a very long cooldown. The glyph of lesser proportion could make them smaller if it was really an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=8QfSzgV1q5g
Edited by Elidinis on 11/13/2011 12:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I just reviewed yesterday's Q&A, and came away with a follow-up question that I then posted to the devs privately. The question submitted yesterday was ""Have you considered having a pet stampede spell where our 5 pet stable rushes our enemy for a 5min cooldown? Or is that too epic?"

The response was "yes", but there were two questions there, and we didn't make it clear that we were responding to the first question.

Here is a Ghostcrawler quote for you --

"One of the potential ideas we're considering for a new hunter ability is one where they send all 5 of their current pets to attack, for a short period of time, on a long cooldown. No guarantees that we'll go with it, but we're at least considering something like that."

That could be a lot of fun!

At least he's looking at it, that's a start. The "bm dps is really pretty good" thing started to make me wonder, what's up with him. This sounds like a BM talent, but since there's a new talent system on the way, I guess it doesn't matter, only getting this to live.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Adding in a classic Warcraft beastmaster talent? OH HELL YES!!!

Rexxar Approves with this thread.

Earthquake got added, and plus it could give the brief buff of all of your accumulative pet debuffs (imagine a 30 second period where all your stabled pets give their buffs / debuffs to the target and raid) . Maybe it can be put on a similar cooldown as a warlock's doomguard?
Makes sense to me, hunters have no HUGE cds like some classes do. Bout time we get a once per fight ability.

The real neat part about this is that it can have some personality from hunter to hunter, since all pets have been more or less HOMOGENIZED (i know it's a dirty word).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think this idea would only be OP'd for BM Hunters since the pets do a good portion of the damage. PVP would be nasty for them.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
Glad to see I'm not the only one against this.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
11/13/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Seraphynia
I think this idea would only be OP'd for BM Hunters since the pets do a good portion of the damage. PVP would be nasty for them.

Maybe hunters would finally be the deadly killers they are supposed to be instead of the jokes we are right now in PvP, it would give players a reason to want to kill us besides us just being the easiest to kill.

Who knows, it might be on a 2 minute cooldown and have a duration of 5 seconds, that's not a whole lot more damage but is some pretty good burst when needed.
Reply Quote
Not 2-4 ... 4! FOUR! .... please don't make suggestions that water down our abilities.
Reply Quote
11/13/2011 09:40 AMPosted by Vongar
This will never work, Reason- if blizz nerfed pets growing huge because people were complaining they couldn't see, what makes you think people wont complain about multiple pets all at the same time pouncing on a boss. Especially if there flying pets.

Yeah and if rogues complained ... well we know it would be yanked from our arsenal immediately and without question ;)

Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
11/13/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Seraphynia

It would definately make world PVP safer for hunters....

Is it a Beast Master with 5 pets or is it a Marks with only 1??

Well punk, what do you think?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
11/13/2011 06:06 PMPosted by Naingrim
Not 2-4 ... 4! FOUR! .... please don't make suggestions that water down our abilities.

A Beast Master Hunter who only has 4 pets with him would definately be hurting themselves and the party.

Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
I would love Stampede, if only for "customizing" it by having interesting pets. Five Devilsaurs mauling a boss would be sweet as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Yay another thing added to hunters that is bright and flashy and distacts them from the fact that they are practically ignored when it comes to fixing their problems.
Reply Quote
Army/spirit wolves style of thing with w/e appropriate damage and cooldown + you choose the visuals (your 5 current pets) i vote yes :)
Edited by Tigidou on 11/13/2011 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Undead Hunter
Imagine if Blizz made undead monkeys!

An army. of undead monkeys.

Re read that to yourself. that would be so epic.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Why not use the stampede effect like the horn in http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11892 but just change the animals to your pets.

Or maybe make it like a knockdown affect and the pets circle the enemy and do 3 basic attacks each.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
my suggestion is this

replace fervor with stampeed, that way hunters chose from
extra utility, passive (and long term better) damage increase, or a momentary burst phase

this is how i envision the talent being
5 min CD
calls the hunters remaining active pets to fight by his side, these pets will attack what your pet attacks and move with your pet

the pets deal 25% of the damage your current pet would deal with his base attacks (making it a 100% increase to auto attack 'claw' damage)

durring this time the ALL the pets special abilities are unuseable, but they all recieve the 'frenzie of the pack' buff that increases their movement speed by 15% per pet active (75%)

the 'stampeeding' pets only benefit from 25% of the hunters stats, which includes health (as mentioned above the extra pets do ~25% of the damage of the main active pet) but are immune to aoe damage

stampeeding pets will always have 1 more agro point than the hunter and/or primary pet

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]