Stampede

90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm gonna get 5 seagulls and I'll be all...

Flock of Seagulls!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I'm gonna get 5 seagulls and I'll be all...

Flock of Seagulls!

Tall Striders, the Tina Army "come get the food!"
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
11/11/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Kaivax
Furthermore, it makes a lot of sense for the spell effects to not vary much from hunter to hunter, so special abilities would be right out, *but* I wouldn't mind seeing the pets going through their best motions.

More customization would be what makes the ability deadly, you never know, maybe 5 spirit beasts are gonna come at you, maybe 4 shale spiders to stunlock you, maybe simply 5 ferocity pets to nuke your hp while providing the hunter with agil/str (cat) and 5% crit (wolf), rooting you (spider), interrupting you (Moth preferably) and stunning you (wasp) if necessary. That's just for marksmanship, just think of the possibilities of BM. Spirit beast for the agil/crit and a heal, devilsaur for the crit and a healing reduc, shale spider for kings and a sweet stun, corehound for a cast speed slow and heroism and finally a silithid to provide stamina and to root you once the shale spiders stun is over.

Something so powerful is awesome and would give hunters an edge, but I think it should only last like 6 or 8 seconds (pets would get there fast with dash and charge) on a 3 minute cooldown, not a long duration for a large amount of burst over time, but finally allowing hunters to have an "Oh crap!" move.

As for micro managing pet abilities, you could just macro them all and put them on your own bars for when you need them, you would be able to tell your newly summoned core hound to use hero, then be able to tell your silithid to root the target so your pets can get to it then tell your shale spider to stun the target once the roots over. More micro managing yes, but it would be greatly rewarded.

This would also allow hunters to use heroism while using a much needed buff in BM such as crit. Devilsaur for the fight, stampede 4 other pets, ones a corehound, have him pop hero.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All my kitties... all at once... O.O

BRILLIANT!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters easily have the most casual community of any class. Blizzard is well aware and appeases us with abilities like 'stampede'. Meanwhile progression raiders are dreading being the worst class in 4.3.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
this is how i envision the talent being
5 min CD
calls the hunters remaining active pets to fight by his side, these pets will attack what your pet attacks and move with your pet

the pets deal 25% of the damage your current pet would deal with his base attacks (making it a 100% increase to auto attack 'claw' damage)

durring this time the ALL the pets special abilities are unuseable, but they all recieve the 'frenzie of the pack' buff that increases their movement speed by 15% per pet active (75%)

the 'stampeeding' pets only benefit from 25% of the hunters stats, which includes health (as mentioned above the extra pets do ~25% of the damage of the main active pet) but are immune to aoe damage

stampeeding pets will always have 1 more agro point than the hunter and/or primary pet

25% of normal damage? Don't joke around.
For anyone except beast master this ability would just be a waste of a GCD. Pets don't do much damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Kaivax, you're killing me. That was the exact idea I had posted in the forums for a new max level Beast Mastery talent for Cataclysm. >< Why you ripping me off bro?

P.S. Unfortunately it was on the old forums so I no longer have a link to it on my list of forum posts :(
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Hunter
And I can guarantee when this goes live it will be for nothing more than show, its a dumb idea and you should all feel dumb for liking it. Its all a gimmick those pets will not have anywhere near the power of one single pet, they will get blown up fast, and do nothing for damage.

Stop being lulled into complacency by shiny things that mean nothing. Hunters have some serious problems, fix the problems we have before throwing fluff stuff at us.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
... Even Bestial Wrath isn't on that short of a CD and that's already the "BM gimmick". So no. :P All specs, please. Because if you're going to "gimmick" all of the hunter trees, they ought to be new things due to how few new shiny toys we've gotten so far. And a better BM "gimmick" I would rather see would be a TG style pet summon. Two pets reduced to 60% or 70% damage so that it doesn't hurt the other pet summons from the other specs.

Army of the Pets on a 2.5 talented CD with nice damage please. x3
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
... Even Bestial Wrath isn't on that short of a CD and that's already the "BM gimmick". So no. :P All specs, please. Because if you're going to "gimmick" all of the hunter trees, they ought to be new things due to how few new shiny toys we've gotten so far. And a better BM "gimmick" I would rather see would be a TG style pet summon. Two pets reduced to 60% or 70% damage so that it doesn't hurt the other pet summons from the other specs.

Army of the Pets on a 2.5 talented CD with nice damage please. x3

Indeed, I would rather have the option to control 2 pets at once with 40% reduced damage than stampede.
Reply Quote
I love how no one has commented on the fact that this just gives us an option to insta kill all of our pets.

GG

Its a stealth nerf.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
5 pets at 6k hp each... 30k, probably dead in AoE.

Either way this is a stupid gimmick that helps blizz avoid fixing real problems.

It is sad that hunters flip out over this...

I blame Pokeman.

Just remember, one of those pets was already summoned, so it won't have 6k hp. However, I am sure blizz will thoroughly fix that and make it so even your active pet loses 95% hp to make sure that the ability isn't OP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just embrace the suck will you?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
25% of normal damage? Don't joke around.
For anyone except beast master this ability would just be a waste of a GCD. Pets don't do much damage.

They do enough. Pets normally do what, 4kish dps for non bm hunters, so thats 1k dps for the duration. assuming a halfway decent duration, it would be worth the GCD, but it'd have to be around 20 seconds to break even just by incredibly flawed not-even-napkin math.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/17/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Eveninglite
5 pets at 6k hp each... 30k, probably dead in AoE.

With the reduction in aoe for pets (which they would almost guaranteed be getting) that'd have to be a hefty aoe to kill em.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Stampede
10m CD Summons forth your 5 closest companions (From your stable) Each companion deals (100+8.7% RaP)DPS for 30 seconds or until killed. Pets have (25k +25% Players HP), take 90% reduced dmg from AoE. Affected by all glyphs/talents/abilities that benefit your pet.

BM specialization - Stampede's CD is reduced to 3m.

The idea for the talent, is for it to be a boost in DPS. Not extra pet abilities to be used at once. But w/the added benefit of being skinned w/your stable pets.
Edited by Pappy on 11/18/2011 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Numbers above are just for play, not to have ANY effect on actual numbers.. just for example!
IE, don't pre-emptivly scream OMG THAT WOULD BE SO OP!
Reply Quote
they would have to consider all the petbars that would have to be active all at once though
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]