Mastery raid buff

90 Human Warrior
The current 5.0 model is that there are 8 raid buffs: health, attack power, spell power, melee haste, spell haste, crit, mastery and stats.

From the class design Q&A.

Interesting...

/beardstroke
85 Night Elf Warrior
I seriously doubt pwar/ppal mastery is going to be anywhere near the same in 5.0.
90 Orc Death Knight
11/09/2011 12:18 PMPosted by Dellingr
I seriously doubt pwar/ppal mastery is going to be anywhere near the same in 5.0.

I asked about that. Instead they answered a question asking if they will make female Warlock pets.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2011 12:20 PMPosted by Foiblesqt

I asked about that. Instead they answered a question asking if they will make female Warlock pets.

I love relevant and interesting questions.

"CAN I HAZ PLAYER HOUSIN?!"

"WRU <RACE/GENDER/RELIGION/SEXUAL ORIENTATION> REPRESENTATIVE?!"

"Y NO GENITALIALIAL ON NAKED AMINALS?!?"

"I CAN HAZ <OLD CONTENT> REDONE PLZ KKTHX?!"

"I CAN NEVER AGAIN HAZ <OLD CONTENT> REDONE PLZ KKTHX?!"

And so on...
85 Undead Warrior

Me too, I noticed a general lack of anything Tanking in that live chat
85 Human Warrior

You and I both :(

Currently, there is a massive disparity between the CTC (Combat Table Coverage) mastery tanks and those that aren't. This has been mostly mitigated for druids by having large armor/damage reduction effects- although DKs have been largely left in the cold. What are your plans to balance this better in MoP? Will full CTC still be available when played correctly with active mitigation in MoP, or will this be a thing of the past?
85 Undead Warrior
I asked this question:

How drastic will the Tanking changes be in 5.0? I fully expect a nerf to either the base amount of Mastery or the way Prot mastery works to prevent us from getting close to CTC or maybe even focusing on it as much as we do now. What insight can you give us into the balance of Active and passive mitigation?

Not exactly about mastery I guess, more about not wanting to wake up the day 5.0 hits and feeling like I am now playing a completely different class/spec
81 Gnome Death Knight
11/09/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Redoing
Me too, I noticed a general lack of anything Tanking in that live chat

Monks and paladins got one question answered each. Okay, that's not much.

"WRU <RACE/GENDER/RELIGION/SEXUAL ORIENTATION> REPRESENTATIVE?!"

Back in my days we asked intelligent questions, like ASL?

... um ...

Nevermind

11/09/2011 12:46 PMPosted by Fasc
"Y NO GENITALIALIAL ON NAKED AMINALS?!?"

They're not going to answer your question, Fasc. :-P
90 Orc Death Knight
I even tossed them an easy one.

"Currently block is a superior mastery to Blood Shield and Savage Defense. Are there any plans to bring the masteries closer together?"
89 Night Elf Death Knight
I guess I should have saved my two questions. Both dealt with the reasoning behind why Death Strike is so heavily weighted in 4.x content, and the build behind DK's. I guess I really should not have expected an answer.

Still, I am rather curious as to the other questions that went in and weren't answered from a tanking perspective...
85 Tauren Death Knight
The current 5.0 model is that there are 8 raid buffs: health, attack power, spell power, melee haste, spell haste, crit, mastery and stats.

Yay, Replenishment will die. That's what I'm taking from that.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/09/2011 01:11 PMPosted by Menteith

Yay, Replenishment will die. That's what I'm taking from that.

They may or may not count Replenishment in that category of buff. Those buffs are applied to everyone, and are either always-on (like Rampage) or pre-casted with long durations (like Fortitude).

Of more impact to healer regen is this:

Our current plan for Mists is for Intellect to no longer directly increase the size of player mana pools. We intend for our mana-based DPS and Tank classes to be entirely self-reliant regardless of mana pool, so the gameplay impact for those players will be nil. For healers, Spirit will remain as the pure regen stat, and healers after multiple tiers of raid progression will clearly have far more mana at their disposal, but there will be more of an inherent tradeoff between regen and throughput stats. A healer with amazing regen will have amazing regen because of a choice to focus their stats in that direction.

I don't expect Replenishment to die just based off either of those statements, but we'll have to wait and see.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SY
They answered a question about active mitigation, and a question about WoG for Prot Paladins. I wouldn't have really expected much more than that.
90 Human Warrior
It also looks like the attack speed slow debuff is definitely going away, since feral tanks won't get Infected Wounds. We knew it might be, but it's more certain now.
90 Orc Death Knight
The attack speed thing strikes me as kind of odd since back at Blizzcon they used Judgements of the Just as one of the example abilities prot pallies would get as they leveled. Not that I'd complain about being able to take Corpse Explosion instead of needing Outbreak mind you.

I asked about the Infected Wounds thing too but got no response, because I guess answering a question about hunter snake trap damage was more important.
85 Undead Death Knight
11/09/2011 02:48 PMPosted by Hooves
For healers, Spirit will remain as the pure regen stat
implying it's the pure regen stat for healers now

Honestly, what has been broken about healers in Cataclysm is that most of them have better regen through stacking Intellect than Spirit (with the exception of Holy Priest, Shaman, and in 4.3 Holy Paladin).

Healer mana was completely Intellect based. Intellect doesn't necessarily give better regeneration than spirit as far as I know, but it increases healer:

Regeneration
Mana Pool
Efficiency
Throughput

Now what it should have been was:

Intellect: Throughput (and thus efficiency, unavoidably), maximum mana.
Haste: Throughput.
Spirit: Regeneration.

I'd say that's fairly liberal. I could even go further and say that maximum mana doesn't need to be increased through item levels, and that higher damage with higher player health would only require regeneration. However it's kind of lackluster to only increase regeneration, so damage must be scaled slightly faster than player health (NOT inclusive to tanks necessarily) so that throughput becomes an issue as well.

Community Manager
Courtesy of GC:

Q: "Currently block is a superior mastery to Blood Shield and Savage Defense. Are there any plans to bring the masteries closer together?"

A: Yes, in 5.0. Block capping and mastery in general is currently too good for warriors and paladins. We think tank balance is close enough in 4.3 that dramatic overhauls could make matters worse. In 5.0 we will change things.

Q: “They may or may not count Replenishment in that category of buff. Those buffs are applied to everyone, and are either always-on (like Rampage) or pre-casted with long durations (like Fortitude).”

A: We meant that Replenishment would be gone. We think healers benefit enough from the other buffs that they will still feel more powerful in groups, which is one of the main intents behind synergistic raid buffs. Currently, instead of feeling awesome when they get Replenishment, healers feel sad when they don’t get it. We want it to feel like a bonus and since it does not, it may be time for it to go.

Q: “It also looks like the attack speed slow debuff is definitely going away, since feral tanks won't get Infected Wounds. We knew it might be, but it's more certain now.”

A: This is a bit confusing, but bear with us. The attack speed debuff causes some technical problems on some encounters. However, we think Thunder Clap as an ability is more interesting than Demo Shout. The former does some damage, has a shorter range, has benefits aside from applying the debuff, etc. So our plan is to have Thunder Clap, Hammer of the Righteous, one of the DK diseases and Thrash apply the 10% physical damage debuff and remove Demo Shout and the like as well as the attack speed debuff. Creatures would just be balanced around their normal attack speeds.

Q: “The attack speed thing strikes me as kind of odd since back at Blizzcon they used Judgements of the Just as one of the example abilities prot pallies would get as they leveled. Not that I'd complain about being able to take Corpse Explosion instead of needing Outbreak mind you.”

A: Judgments of the Just in 5.0 is a passive Ret and Prot ability that causes Judgment to generate Holy Power. It isn’t related to the current ability, but we liked the name. We didn’t want Holy to have to Judge for Holy Power. When we get our talent calculators (which include core and spec spells) all of this should be a little cleaner. We’re in a fog of war period right now.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/9/2011 6:21 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
11/09/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
A: This is a bit confusing, but bear with us. The attack speed debuff causes some technical problems on some encounters. However, we think Thunder Clap as an ability is more interesting than Demo Shout. The former does some damage, has a shorter range, has benefits aside from applying the debuff, etc. So our plan is to have Thunder Clap, Hammer of the Righteous, one of the DK diseases and Thrash apply the 10% physical damage debuff and remove Demo Shout and the like as well as the attack speed debuff. Creatures would just be balanced around their normal attack speeds.

Does that apply to similar the cast speed debuffs like Curse of Tongues/Slow too or is that purely a melee thing?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]