Mastery raid buff

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow, nice responses. :D
90 Human Paladin
11/09/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Thank you for the responses. We greatly appreciate you taking our questions.
85 Undead Death Knight

Q: “It also looks like the attack speed slow debuff is definitely going away, since feral tanks won't get Infected Wounds. We knew it might be, but it's more certain now.”

A: This is a bit confusing, but bear with us.

I see what you did there...

Edit: Thank you for responses, especially thoughtful ones!
Edited by Corpseicle on 11/9/2011 7:11 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Ooo GC delivered question/answers.

This is ALMOST like the Wrath days of him just flat out talking to us. I approve ^.^

VERY interested to see the complete Class Calculators later on, should make for better discussion and feedback.
Community Manager

This is ALMOST like the Wrath days of him just flat out talking to us. I approve ^.^

VERY interested to see the complete Class Calculators later on, should make for better discussion and feedback.

To be fair, a ton of our responses are heavily influenced by consultation with the dev team. You're hearing from them more directly than you might think, a lot of the time.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Will Thunderclap continue to count as a snare or will I have to deal with mages freezing mobs again?
90 Human Warlock

To be fair, a ton of our responses are heavily influenced by consultation with the dev team. You're hearing from them more directly than you might think, a lot of the time.

So they type a thing, and you post it for them?
90 Tauren Paladin
Sounds good to me! :D
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/09/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Hooves
Will Thunderclap continue to count as a snare or will I have to deal with mages freezing mobs again?
Thunderclap isn't a snare, what are you talking about?

Roots override snares anyway.

Snare=Movement speed limiter. Thunderclap only slows attack speed.

Tclap counts for Torment the Weak.
I don't understand the need to make every class role practically identical.
90 Orc Death Knight
I kinda miss seeing the crab tho, no offense mr blue wire monster
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder if it would be possible to get a list of what the MoP buffs and debuffs will be present in MoP.

I'm also wondering what's going to happen to paladin auras, that they were that interesting but I would like to keep Crusader Aura even if the 20% mount speed is self only. The only other aura that I see not being out right killed by the buff changes is ret aura and I could care less about that useless ability.
85 Night Elf Warrior
11/09/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
A: Yes, in 5.0. Block capping and mastery in general is currently too good for warriors and paladins. We think tank balance is close enough in 4.3 that dramatic overhauls could make matters worse. In 5.0 we will change things.

OK, so I asked a question about this and did not get a reply. I am fine with that as I know you guys were bombarded by players. The question I asked was basically, "In pre-heroic raid gear, only a paladin can reach unhittable. In the past raid scene, it became a requirement to get a raid invite. Will you make this goal attainable to keep the tanking classes balanced". Now I get an answer. Even though I have raided FL weekly on normal, doing the best that my guild can at 6/7, I am now told I am OP and my mastery must be nerfed, even tho as a warrior I cannot hit unhittable. This makes me sad. You guys give us tier pieces with stats you KNOW we do not want, making unhittable impossible, and then tell us we are OP even when we cannot reach the goal any tank wants to hit?

Pre-cata when defense was the tank stat, you never made it so we could not attain the goal every tank needed to reach. Why the shift? There was a time when crazy gear setups could make a player untouchable. Now if we get close to a mark that allows us to peform our intended role pre-heroic, we are labeled as OP?

Please, allow us, as players, to reach the milestones that are important to our class with due diligence. If we have put forth the effort and time to gain the upgrades available to us, in a setting that warrants such stats, make them attainable. You can certainly tune encounters around any stats widely accessible. Why would you choose to deny the threshhold, then tune accordingly? Being 3% from an important milestone for a long time does not feel like a win. It feels like defeat. I, and perhaps many raid leaders, am starting to feel pressured to be a Paladin.
10 Gnome Mage
11/09/2011 08:42 PMPosted by Tanker
Pre-cata when defense was the tank stat, you never made it so we could not attain the goal every tank needed to reach. Why the shift?

There is no shift. Preventing block cap is no where near, or anything akin to preventing crit-proof.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Please, allow us, as players, to reach the milestones that are important to our class with due diligence.

Please tell me you are wearing some sort of weird pug dungeon threat set. If not, due diligence would be learning how to reforge/gem your character correctly. You'd come closer to 102.4% which is attainable by warriors.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]