Advantages/disadvantages being female avatar

6 Draenei Shaman
My questions is What are the advantages and disadvantages of playing a female avatar within the World of Warcraft? also, Why do males choose to play as female characters?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
depends on the race for me. I almost always play male trolls and never play human males. they have ugly faces.
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Warrior
Female avatars get kitchen rights.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Dude, the money!
Reply Quote
9 Blood Elf Warlock
considering there are no attributes assigned to gender there are no advantage or disadvantage.

Males play female toons to give you a reason to start the same lame thread every 15 min.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Nothing, there is absolutely no gameplay advantage or disadvantage based on gender. I just play female draenei because I like the racials but simply cannot stand those walking refridgerators that are male draenei.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
People give me free items...okay that hasn't actually happened. I just find them more appealing to look at, for most races anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like to play some of the female races. No idea why. Just liked the casting animations and fighting style, really. Nothing really to do with the gender >.>
Reply Quote
6 Draenei Shaman
There is no reason why you shouldn't...I was just curious. I read something about how guys like the way female avatars look and they'd rather watch a female run around all day than a male... I've only been apart of the WoW community for a few weeks and I just noticed that some guys play girls and i was just curious if there were advantages or disadvantages. thats all :] Also i read that guys love to give girls gifts and free money and things like that...but from the other posts I read, and from my personal experience playing, im guessing thats a false statement?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Some of the models for each gender just look ridiculous to me. When I roll a race, the gender is pretty much pre-decided.

Any horde race except Blood Elf - Male
Blood Elf - Female

Any alliance race except Human or Draenei - Male
Draenei - Female
Human - Depends on class. My mage was male and this priest was at one point a female human.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/10/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Caprixoxo
Also i read that guys love to give girls gifts and free money and things like that...but from the other posts I read, and from my personal experience playing, im guessing thats a false statement?

As an actual woman playing a female character...

I don't think I've gotten any special treatment. In fact I'm usually the last to get geared. Tanks/Healers have priority when getting tier tokens and I've had crappy luck. And I'm last in line for the crafted boots. >.>

I have been hit on a few times. And I get the random sexist joke or something, but that's the internet for you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
11/09/2011 07:25 PMPosted by Furface
Female avatars get kitchen rights.

Oh you
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I enjoy the animations on female night elves. I'll generally roll males that don't look awful/bad animations. Point in case, Undead males. They're great. Females have better animations so I roll female. Same with Night Elves. Orcs on the other hand are always male. Too badass.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Much better to look at for extended hours of gaming?
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warrior
11/09/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Caprixoxo
Why do males choose to play as female characters?

Because a female blood elf looks much better in this hat than a male blood elf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i play male because i can relate to my character easier. some play female because its more visually appealing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]