Undead Racials

85 Undead Priest
I don't know if this is the right forum area to post this, but here it goes.
I wanted to ask this at the Q&A, but I missed it, so I hope I can get some insight here =/

Is there any plans to make Undead a viable race choice in PvE? I still do PvE as undead because I like the race and their lore a lot, also the cast animations for Undead are the most badasses ever, but I've been pressed to change to goblin or troll, because of the passive haste and active cast time reduction, respectively. Even Taurens or Blood Elves have racials better for a Priest than Undeads (Tauren being the stun, that has more uses than the fear trinket, and Blood Elves the "mana potion" along with the interrupt).

Forgive me if this is a duplicate thread, but I couldn't find another one answering this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
It's viable to play any race in PvE. As far as I know they have no plans to change Undead racials, and if you like the race just play it as is. You seem hung up on losing the minor bonuses the others give you, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They are viable.

Optimal? No. But racials are nowhere near big enough to make or break viability.

That said, I like the general idea of updating old racials. War Stomp is the only genuinely useful raiding one right now, and it's situational. Great on Sons of Flame at least. Endurance just lets me play slightly sloppier around fire.

Do I need something as good as Berserking? No. Not really. But something a little better than I have now would be nice.

edit- clarified last sentence to not be self contradictory
Edited by Lonaranu on 11/9/2011 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
your question seems to be more "is there any plan to make the racial passives stack comparatively with the other horde racial passives," in which case the answer is not likely, but I honestly think you're thinking about this slightly wrong.

As we're talking dungeons, quests and raids, lore actually matters a lot here. Lore wise, there are racial passives that go with certain classes "better" than others and that can be explained, using, say, trolls, as an example, by pointing out the racial passives [and the active one] are good for rogues and hunters, both of which make a crapton of sense, lore wise, for trolls. Druids being another [due, more or less, to the trolls being a forest aborigine-type race] would also benefit greatly from the haste bonus.

Radial is right: if you like the class for any reason, use it. Period. Because you may not be
able to min/max quite as well as one race versus another, the enjoyment you gain from playing a race you actually like will forever be unparalleled. Besides, zombies have WAY better /silly than blood elfs. for sure. >.<

EDIT:

also, this:
Optimal? No. But racials are nowhere near big enough to make or break viability.
Edited by Nedari on 11/9/2011 8:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Cannibalize restoring mana was beast mode in 5 mans right after hitting 85, while gearing up!
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
11/11/2011 12:29 AMPosted by Jamboro
Cannibalize restoring mana was beast mode in 5 mans right after hitting 85, while gearing up!
Yes, I keep waiting for the day they accidentally develop a raid boss with undead or humanoid adds that die and can be cannibalized. That will get hotfixed so quickly ;)
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Mage
11/11/2011 02:36 PMPosted by Cakezilla
I wish they would remove any DPS boosting racial effects and just keep flavor/utility racials. And change WotF to be a copy of EMfH.
If they did that it might bring the racials a bit closer in value but it wouldn't make them equal (could even widen the gap). Obviously goblin rocket jump is going to have more value than treasure finding or +15 enchanting skill.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
No racials would be boring, right now Worgens, humans, goblins and sometimes BElfs have a little advantage, I think the evil of having some racials is better than the boredom and tedium of race just being cosmetic.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
We have the game's best casting animations...no racial bonus can ever overcome that. ;)

(Although to be fair, we also have the worst melee animations in the game, by far.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
WTB change/removal of Heroic Presence; I'd love to go dwarf, but 1% hit is too good to pass up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]