Point Conversion Sellback Policy

Community Manager
With the release of 4.3 all Valor Points will be down-converted to Justice Points, and all Conquest Points will be down-converted to Honor Points. To curb the ability to sell items back to the vendors after the conversion for the higher currency, we’re instituting a new sellback policy for items purchased directly before currency down-conversions.

Items purchased within the two hour window before the release of 4.3 will lose their ability to be sold back to the vendor when the realms are brought down for maintenance. No refunds will be granted for items purchased during this time, either by the in-game vendors, or our support departments.

As an example, I buy an item at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.3 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

This policy is only in effect for maintenances that include currency down-conversions, such as the release of 4.3. To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

For more information on the down-conversion please refer to: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562
Edited by Bashiok on 11/10/2011 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Good call ;3
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Lifelight
Good call ;3

You said it, nice one guys :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Heh, I never would have ever thought of this regardless.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Understandable and makes sense
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Why are they being converted in the first place? As a fairly casual player I've barely made any headway getting Valor or Conquest points and now the few I have are going to be down-converted? Lame.

Why couldn't you have made is so any Valor or Conquest over a certain amount, other than zero (like, say, 1,000 or, heck, even 100), be converted leaving some of us with the few points we have? Would that really have been so game breaking?

Because your points will still go towards being able to buy the items currently worth the higher currency because after the conversion those items will now be purchasable with JP instead of VP. The next tier items will now be available but you'll have to start working towards those from scratch along with everyone else.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Why are they being converted in the first place? As a fairly casual player I've barely made any headway getting Valor or Conquest points and now the few I have are going to be down-converted? Lame.

Why couldn't you have made is so any Valor or Conquest over a certain amount, other than zero (like, say, 1,000 or, heck, even 100), be converted leaving some of us with the few points we have? Would that really have been so game breaking?

I think the general principle behind this is that they want everyone to start off at similar ground for new gear with a new patch. They don't want people to have access to higher ilvl gear as early on, and want people to wait a week or two, to add another form of progression.

As for why they don't leave you your current points, however minimal, would it really help? If after all this time you're playing so casually that 100 JP / CP means that much to you, I'd argue it's not all that useful. It's like having 18.63 in your bank account and going to an ATM... No offense, but sounds like arguing for the sake of arguing
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
11/09/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Bashiok
This policy is only in effect for maintenances that include currency down-conversions, such as the release of 4.3. To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.
works for me sounds fair, And some forward warning is a nice thing. Is there any other forms of currency getting effected by the reset? or just valors? Also this time will we be getting an over cap amount of justices or are we getting extras converted into gold?
Edited by Deadwhiteout on 11/9/2011 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

No, it wouldn't, but if you're a barely casual player, it hardly matters because the people who are gonna have this stuff in the end will be out of your league. So just hang back in the previous season's gear. JP/Honor are easy enough to get.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Made sense when you did it in 4.2, makes sense again now. Can you confirm that 4.3 will be this Tuesday, then, so we can accurately know the deadline for spending our current VP?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
So when's the patch coming?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/09/2011 10:25 AMPosted by Adeity
So when's the patch coming?

Soon (TM)
Reply Quote
But what about logged toons?

I remember I bought something (I don't remember what) one day, logged, and just returned to that toon on the next day, that '1 hour and 59 min' left was still there. I actually sold it, so it wasn't a bug or something.
Reply Quote
I'll never ge my conquest points by then.

But that just means that I can get the gear now.
Reply Quote
98 Blood Elf Rogue
Should let me know when the patch is so I don't spend every Monday night wondering if it's OK to buy stuff at 2 AM or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]