Point Conversion Sellback Policy

85 Human Rogue
Ok, so, say one is buying and selling pieces to remain under the honor/justice cap but have gear one can sell in their inventories to have more honor/justice than the cap would allow, will those itens, bought with honor/justice, also have the availability to be sold for the same currency and ammount they were bought vanished?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank for info
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
With the release of 4.3 all Valor Points will be down-converted to Justice Points, and all Conquest Points will be down-converted to Honor Points. To curb the ability to sell items back to the vendors after the conversion for the higher currency, we’re instituting a new sellback policy for items purchased directly before currency down-conversions.

Items purchased within the two hour window before the release of 4.3 will lose their ability to be sold back to the vendor when the realms are brought down for maintenance. No refunds will be granted for items purchased during this time, either by the in-game vendors, or our support departments.

As an example, I buy an item at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.3 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

This policy is only in effect for maintenances that include currency down-conversions, such as the release of 4.3. To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

For more information on the down-conversion please refer to: <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562" class="bml-link-public">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2880562</a>

Maybe I'm a little confused but how does this effect anything...?

That two hour clock that starts counting down, only does so when I'm logged on. So in theory, I can buy something now and just log off, then log back in after 4.3 goes live and return the items.

Or are you saying that any item with a return clock (in blue letters on the item) gets wiped when logging after 4.3 goes live, regardless of when it was actually bought.

Your example of 2:30am kind of threw me off and implied a more literal interpretation - that anything bought literally 2 hours or sooner before 4.3 is released get wiped.
Edited by Kalyc on 11/9/2011 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
can someone tell me what this is supposed to do? i dont understand the point of this. it seems like itll pi$$ some people off, more so than help :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Maybe I'm a little confused but how does this effect anything...?

That two hour clock that starts counting down, only does so when I'm logged on. So in theory, I can buy something now and just log off, then log back in after 4.3 goes live and return the items.

Or are you saying that any item with a return clock (in blue letters on the item) gets wiped when logging after 4.3 goes live, regardless of when it was actually bought.

Your example of 2:30am kind of threw me off and implied a more literal interpretation - that anything bought literally 2 hours or sooner before 4.3 is released get wiped.

What he means is that when the content patch comes, anything you bought with VP/JP will have that resell timer erased, so you won't be able to buy stuff then sell the old for points above the cap. It's basically stopping an exploit, so not many of us really care about not having the 2 hour sell timer.

You'll still have the item you bought, you just can't sell it back after 4.3, even if it would have had a timer. Stuff bought after 4.3 can be sold back as normal.
Edited by Kouhii on 11/9/2011 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
11/09/2011 01:25 PMPosted by Kalyc
are you saying that any item with a return clock (in blue letters on the item) gets wiped when logging after 4.3 goes live, regardless of when it was actually bought.
Yes, this is exactly what they are saying.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Say that the patch is Nov 15th. I purchase x amount of pieces of Conquest gear on the 11th. I don't log in until the 17th. Will the gear still have the buyback option?Just something to be noted.

Yea, what would happen if I bought some Valor Point gear before that 2 hour window before servers go down, log out, then log back in after the patch? The buyback timer on the items shouldn't tick down when you're logged out, so does that mean I can sell them back for Valor Points post-patch?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/09/2011 10:10 AMPosted by Spanner
Why are they being converted in the first place? As a fairly casual player I've barely made any headway getting Valor or Conquest points and now the few I have are going to be down-converted? Lame.

because they are releasing new gear and they want everyone to be set at a new level so they cant just buy right away, its a very smart idea
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Ok lets make this easier for everyone who needs to know, ill word it differently to make it sound AWESOME!

GREAT NEWS!
A new patch is coming and we are going to be releasing ALL NEW GEAR.
When it comes out you will be able to use your justice points to buy what is available right now for VALOR POINTS!

Thats RIGHT!

When the next patch hits ALL of the current VALOR point gear will be put on the justice vendor.

NOT ONLY THAT!

Just to keep things fair, we are going to take all your valor and convert it to justice and add to your totals, but remember you can only carry 4k justice at one time so be prepared!
Reply Quote
82 Goblin Warlock
Ok lets make this easier for everyone who needs to know, ill word it differently to make it sound AWESOME!

GREAT NEWS!
A new patch is coming and we are going to be releasing ALL NEW GEAR.
When it comes out you will be able to use your justice points to buy what is available right now for VALOR POINTS!

Thats RIGHT!

When the next patch hits ALL of the current VALOR point gear will be put on the justice vendor.

NOT ONLY THAT!

Just to keep things fair, we are going to take all your valor and convert it to justice and add to your totals, but remember you can only carry 4k justice at one time so be prepared!

I appreciate your use of critical thinking and reading comprehension. <3
Reply Quote
Wow, never even thought about this... were people doing this at the last patch? Lol, no wonder i saw people in ruthless so soon after the patch.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Didn't this thread get posted for 4.2 as well? I'm having a hell of a case of deja vu with it and half the responses on the first page.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
im down
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So, does this mean all the teir 12 is able to be brought with JP?

If this is the case i'll be a very happy chappy :D
Reply Quote
So, does this mean all the teir 12 is able to be brought with JP?

If this is the case i'll be a very happy chappy :D
No. If it's currently sold for Valor, it'll be sold for Justice in 4.3. If it's currently sold for a token, it will still be sold for that token in 4.3.

This is the way new tier patches have worked since WotLK.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
valor point/conquest point feat of strength?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
11/09/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Lifelight
Good call ;3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]