Point Conversion Sellback Policy

80 Blood Elf Death Knight
But what about logged toons?

I remember I bought something (I don't remember what) one day, logged, and just returned to that toon on the next day, that '1 hour and 59 min' left was still there. I actually sold it, so it wasn't a bug or something.

I would be so impressed if you managed to not log when the servers go down. Bravo.
But seriously, that's exactly what this policy is talking about.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Thanks for the heads up. Speaking of a heads up, will we be getting one with this patch? It's nice to know about the point conversion but it's not real helpful if I don't know the patch is coming. If I log on Monday to see, "we hope to have the patch live tomorrow," I might not bother grinding out valor on an alt. I'm not looking for a lot of notice but some would definitely be welcome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
11/10/2011 04:04 AMPosted by Teelo
new sellback policy
How is it new when this is what you did for 4.2?

In 4.2 people were buying items at the last minute before servers went down for the patch and then going back to the VP vendor to sell it back to get their VP back. This allowed players to get the new tier in the first 5 minutes of logging into the game after the patch.

Honestly I think when the servers reset with the patch they should just take all items that can be returned to vendors and remove the allowed time to return at that time. Then there is no case of people logging out after just buying something a day or two before the patch then logging back in to do the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/10/2011 05:19 AMPosted by Gambles
Thanks for the heads up. Speaking of a heads up, will we be getting one with this patch? It's nice to know about the point conversion but it's not real helpful if I don't know the patch is coming. If I log on Monday to see, "we hope to have the patch live tomorrow," I might not bother grinding out valor on an alt. I'm not looking for a lot of notice but some would definitely be welcome.

Well buy VP gear every Monday around 3am PST and if you see the timer for returns gone you know the patch is coming out the next day...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm surprised at all the confused posts, so for a little bit of clarity:

• Valor Points will be converted to Justice Points (you will maintain what Justice you currently have)

• Justice will cap at 4000. Anything over will be converted to gold and mailed to you

• Items currently purchased with Valor (iLvl 378) will become buyable with Justice

• Valor vendors will sell new gear that is on par with Dragon Soul drops (iLvl 397)

• All items purchased with Justice & Valor prior to the 4.3 patch will have their sellback timers erased (to avoid an exploit)

• It is possible to stock up 4000 Justice, Valor or some combination (2000JP & 2000VP, etc) and buy iLvl 378 items with Justice at the start of 4.3

• It is not possible to immediately buy the new iLvl 397 Valor gear at the start of 4.3. You will have to build your Valor up again

• Basically they don't want people running around in 2 or 3 pieces of iLvl 397 five minutes after the patch. Don't fret, everyone will be in the same boat and have to earn it all over. This is not a new concept. C'est la MMORPG.
    Reply Quote
    55 Tauren Death Knight
    11/09/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Suzette
    I hope this announcement means the patch is imminent for (at least) sometime this month.

The tuesday before Thanksgiving, so we can all play over holiday.
    Edited by Farmermatt on 11/10/2011 7:35 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Goblin Hunter
    1. Can you confirm if you will reward justice points per boss kill in Raid Finder (similar to Dungeon Finder)?

2. Plus, after capping the Valor Points in Raid Finder, will you still reward 250 justice points per completion of each Dragon Soul Wing?

3. In 4.2, valor cap was 980 (140 per dungeon) which made sense. But in 4.3, valor cap will be 1000 (150 per dungeon) which does not make sense, why not make it 1050 valor cap so 150 x 7 = 1050?

4. Are you going to lower down the costs of the 346 and 359 justice gears once 378 gears are there? It seems that they all cost the same, eventually making 346 and 359 gears useless.

5. Finally, will you reconsider the ilvl drop for Raid Finder, please make it higher than 384s and on par with Season 11 Honor and Conquest gears? I believe getting conquest gears of 403s are much easier compared to Raid Finder loots (plus the fact that it has significantly higher in terms of primary stats).
    Reply Quote
    84 Goblin Shaman
    11/09/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Bashiok
    To ensure you don’t purchase the wrong item with the inability to sell it back, we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

It doesn't really matter for lowbies like me, but isn't it important to know when that deadline is?
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    11/09/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Zariña
    are you saying that any item with a return clock (in blue letters on the item) gets wiped when logging after 4.3 goes live, regardless of when it was actually bought.
    Yes, this is exactly what they are saying.

Actually, that's not what the blue post said at all. The blue post ONLY mentioned items purchased within 2 hours of patch time. They may go back and fix it now that someone has brought to their attention another possibly exploit but it was not mentioned at all.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    Yes it was mentioned, they said buy it in advance, because as of 4.3 ALL timers are being wiped, means you make a mistake, it's NOT being fixed. Got it? Means they covered your "hypothetical" as well. Good Job Bliz :D
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Hunter
    I find it ever so interesting that there are folks who still think this is NEW.

They are just clarifying that it will happen again and as i recall it will be the third time they have put out such an announcement.

It's new because Blizz is actually being proactive about communicating it this time around. They learned from last time's mess.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    11/09/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Degenoll
    If they are worried about people buying items using VP before the patch and then selling them back for VP after the patch it must mean some items are no being downgraded to JP. Is this so? Or do they think we would be foolish enough to assume we could get the VP back after the patch even though it was downgraded?

The current tier is being downgraded to JP i'd assume. The next tier will be brough in for VP. It's basicaly meant to prevent people from getting a head start gear wise for the upcoming current content.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    11/09/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Sanguindeath
    This is so "GREAT" all that work collecting the Valor Points is now in the toilet - thanks :) Yet another reason for me to "LOVE" you guys so much...

You are aware that the gear your attempting to get with those VP are now JP and NEW gear is going up for VP. If anything they've made it easier for you to get the gear you wanted.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    11/10/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Beefyhealz
    valor point/conquest point feat of strength?

Should probably be unaffected due to it being acrued via a counter.
    Reply Quote
    27 Worgen Warrior
    Sorry to be a noob, but will you be able to buy VP points gear for JPs in 4.3, like you were in 4.2?
    Reply Quote
    55 Tauren Death Knight
    um cool?
    Edited by Knost on 11/10/2011 9:28 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    I'm surprised at all the confused posts, so for a little bit of clarity:

• Valor Points will be converted to Justice Points (you will maintain what Justice you currently have)

• Justice will cap at 4000. Anything over will be converted to gold and mailed to you

• Items currently purchased with Valor (iLvl 378) will become buyable with Justice

• Valor vendors will sell new gear that is on par with Dragon Soul drops (iLvl 397)

• All items purchased with Justice & Valor prior to the 4.3 patch will have their sellback timers erased (to avoid an exploit)

• It is possible to stock up 4000 Justice, Valor or some combination (2000JP & 2000VP, etc) and buy iLvl 378 items with Justice at the start of 4.3

• It is not possible to immediately buy the new iLvl 397 Valor gear at the start of 4.3. You will have to build your Valor up again

• Basically they don't want people running around in 2 or 3 pieces of iLvl 397 five minutes after the patch. Don't fret, everyone will be in the same boat and have to earn it all over. This is not a new concept. C'est la MMORPG.

I had a long, drawn out response to this "surprise" whining, but this guy says it PERFECTLY.

I seriously get confused why this conversation comes up EVERY SINGLE TIME a new major content patch is released. Why is this a surprise to ANYONE anymore unless you JUST started playing?
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    11/10/2011 12:27 PMPosted by Jolea
    Yes it was mentioned, they said buy it in advance, because as of 4.3 ALL timers are being wiped, means you make a mistake, it's NOT being fixed. Got it? Means they covered your "hypothetical" as well. Good Job Bliz :D

O.K. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but it WAS NOT mentioned in the blue post.

we’re instituting a new sellback policy for items purchased directly before currency down-conversions.

11/09/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Bashiok
    we recommend buying well before the final two hours so there’s time to change any incorrect purchases.

Got it?
    Edited by Drala on 11/11/2011 7:56 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]