Point Conversion Sellback Policy

85 Orc Mage
Sorry i have a noob question. I have 4k Justice and 4 Valor point. What will happen?
Reply Quote
84 Orc Death Knight
11/22/2011 08:12 PMPosted by Nakotsu
are you going to be removing all the gear everyones got to because thats the only way this is even remotely fair. In fact while your at it why dont you just remove any resilience gear from the game that stat doesnt work anyways.

lolwut?

This is just another reason people are quiting world of warcraft.

LOLWUT?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why are they being converted in the first place? As a fairly casual player I've barely made any headway getting Valor or Conquest points and now the few I have are going to be down-converted? Lame.

Why couldn't you have made is so any Valor or Conquest over a certain amount, other than zero (like, say, 1,000 or, heck, even 100), be converted leaving some of us with the few points we have? Would that really have been so game breaking?

I have 4000 VP that i cant spend/spend on a 3rd set. It would be too easy for me to buy the new gear with these points if i could.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
Wow that's a crazy exploit, very happy you guys are fixing it! (Hate exploits, and always report them when I find them, and I don't feel bad at all when my gains are reduced/removed as they should be)

As for why this is fair, it's done so that those who have a bunch of Valor points saved up can't be decked out in full best gear the first day. It's so that those doing pvp that have tons of Conquest saved up can't go into pvp on the first day fully decked out in the best gear and totally pwn everyone else that are suddenly noobs again.

Anyone who doesn't see it's fair, well you may not change your mind, but you only wish to be one of those elite few fully decked out on day one and I have no sympathy for you.
Edited by Baltzar on 11/26/2011 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
lets say that you have 4000 honor points and 4000 conquest points.... when 4.3 comes out, will you then have 8000 honor points or will you have lost the 4000 conquest points?
Reply Quote
42 Tauren Shaman
11/21/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Sprixx
If we buy gear now and keep timers refreshed (say the full 22k) and then log out right now, and don't log back into wow until 4.3 will we be able to sell the gear back?

I asked a GM about the valor purchase before the 2 hour window and they responded:

"While official word has not be released, most likely the refund timer would simply be removed on all items when 4.3 hits to prevent players from attempting to gain Valor exploitively."
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Since Blizzard is not commenting, I am assuming that anything over 4000 will just be gone, so better to spend them now to get down to 4000 total unless you hear to the contrary.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
If you are valor and jp capped (same with honor and conquest) The 4000 extra will be converted into gold as usual (probably)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Spanner, simple. Because the items you buy w/ VP now will be buyable with JP then. It just keeps someone from hording 8000 VP and buying everything the day of the patch.
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
How much gold per Valor if our Justice is maxed?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Probably just like last time... converted to each extra point will be like 15 silver. So much for my 9k valor. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If we cap our VP before the server goes down for maintainence, would our VP still be capped after the maintainence? I'm afraid that if I do ZA/ZG for Valor points now, and it all gets converted to Justice Points later on, my VP would still be capped for the week.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
you get like 980 per week just from doing 7 dungeon runs. with how long 4.2 was live, there was no reason to not have all valor point gear anyways. 7 zands for a casual. a zand is like 30m or whatever. Thats only 210m or 3hrs 30m. Spread that out over 7 days and you have more than enough time. there is no reason why you should keep valor and get a head start into the new content.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
As an example, I buy an item at 2:30 a.m. The servers come down for the release of 4.3 half an hour later. Normally I would still have an hour and a half after the servers return to sell the item back to the vendor. With this policy change though, upon logging in my item can no longer be sold back to the vendor.

Well there goes my plan! :P
Edited by Nightwizard on 11/29/2011 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
11/29/2011 12:11 AMPosted by Tayy
If we cap our VP before the server goes down for maintainence, would our VP still be capped after the maintainence? I'm afraid that if I do ZA/ZG for Valor points now, and it all gets converted to Justice Points later on, my VP would still be capped for the week.

Good point! I hope this isn't a problem!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Why are they being converted in the first place? As a fairly casual player I've barely made any headway getting Valor or Conquest points and now the few I have are going to be down-converted? Lame.

Why couldn't you have made is so any Valor or Conquest over a certain amount, other than zero (like, say, 1,000 or, heck, even 100), be converted leaving some of us with the few points we have? Would that really have been so game breaking?

What you were going to buy with valor can still be bought with Justice. They're being converted so that no one has a head start on buying the new ilevel gear that's taking it's place.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Nakotsu... Juat because your starting to PvP, they shoulds take everything with res of the game, think how hard we worked for all that gear.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
11/29/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Nightwizard

Good point! I hope this isn't a problem!!!

Actually it is. I'm 1350/1650 CP capped but don't have any CPs after the patch. I can only earn 300CPs this week. There was no warning and this didn't happen last season.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks for the VP theft...once again Bliz screws casual players.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]