Glory of the Cata/FL/Dragon Soul Raider

90 Human Paladin
Edited by Drheckyl on 2/23/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Drheckyl,

You mentioned a possible server transfer, and if that is something you would be interested in Stormrage has a HIGH population of achieve chasers and raiding guilds so you wouldn't be hard pressed to find people to support your endeavors.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks Smellyfeet - quick check on guildox - wow your server is all alli to - with some world class achieve chasers.... what time zone is it predominatly?

I'm well known on this server and so my cata achieve raid team here is starting to take shape already. However, if things don't go to plan then yeh I'll be looking for a transfer and will look deeper into palces like yours.

Reply Quote
75 Gnome Mage
All he is saying is get an achievment in a raid while its the current raid and before it gets nerfed
Edited by Greensolider on 11/17/2011 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
How about people from Dark Phoenix keep their opinions to themselves. This is a public forum and i dont really appreciate arguments and derogatory comment with and about my guildies on such a forum.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and im not telling anyone not to have theirs, but keep it to yourself. As i said this is a public forum for people to post about the exact thing hecks is trying to post about, Achievements. It doesnt affect you in any way shape or form so there is no need for all the badmouthing.

As i said i would appreciate it if people stopped trying to bad mouth my guildies.
tyvm
Artorian (Dark Templar Centurions GM)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Thanks Smellyfeet - quick check on guildox - wow your server is all alli to - with some world class achieve chasers.... what time zone is it predominatly?

I'm well known on this server and so my cata achieve raid team here is starting to take shape already. However, if things don't go to plan then yeh I'll be looking for a transfer and will look deeper into palces like yours.

The server is EST, but since it's a highly populated server with a lot of raiding a person can find a guild that raids at any time during the day.

Plus, a lot of pugs that form in trade chat down stuff in HM's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks Art...

I'll leave it at that...

Meanwhile currently looking for :

1x drood - resto with boomy or cat OS but bear will be ok to.
1x Shammy - resto with dps OS (either)

I may also need a lock and mage but will know in a day or to if I have that sorted.

Also, could use a shadow priest with heals OS on as needed basis (standby team as stated in original post).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest

Also, could use a shadow priest with heals OS on as needed basis (standby team as stated in original post).

If only I was on your server...

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

This :(

A 6/7H guild should be able to get the T11 meta much easier than joining a pug from the forums, no?

You'd be surprised - my guild can't kill Heroic Council from T11 - though I think they haven't tried enough. I think they should just nerf Tier 11 heroics to be constant with the Heroic firelands - considering T11 Meta is now much harder than T12 meta.
Edited by Nightsbane on 11/17/2011 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Nightsbane
You'd be surprised - my guild can't kill Heroic Council from T11 - though I think they haven't tried enough. I think they should just nerf Tier 11 heroics to be constant with the Heroic firelands - considering T11 Meta is now much harder than T12 meta.

Noooooo. Keep T11 the way it is.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Art, Hecks, DTC-

None of my comments were aimed at DTC, a guild I truly respect. In all honesty, though I am violating a sacred rule of the art, I was 100% trolling. Wish you BOTH the best, I mean that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Editied a couple of posts so the thread makes sence again...

Yeh Cata Metas will nerf naturally with every increase in Tier - so I'm with Turagent on this one...

Re pug groups - when does a pug group stop beeing a pug group and start beeing a team? Takes a bout 1 month in my experiance. I try and develop groups for various projects that have a core number of solid & regular raiders that revolves around pairing the same tanks with the same healers etc so everyone gets used to each others play styles. The best part about doing it this way - you end up with the resourses of multiple guilds behind any given project and makes recruitment real easy when project members' guildies start seeing achieves poping in g chat. This in turn generates a certain amount of .... excitement / energy / momentum for the project.

There are 2 ways to facilitate this - rolling group format and more traditional team format.

Rolling group format works well if you know you wont need to spend a week learning a fight / achieve (so the easier ones) and works by 80%+ acceptance rate of all members in the team to return for next raid at any given time as organised by a vote at the end of each session and posted in calander.... This works for projects where you want to get something started... The downside is raid compostion can work against you and you have to go hunt down a specific class / spec for a specific fight / achieve + the 20% subs can be unknowns at first....

Rolling group format then gives way to the team format when there is competetion to join the project - i.e. you end up oversubscribed and have to start picking..... Now you can tackle the harder achieves.....

At the end of the project I hit the refersh button - the entire team / squad disbands but the more reliable members get option to return for the next tier of achieves and do it all again!

This time I'm going for the team format straight of the bat as I have a core already that is carrying over from previous projects and we're (somewhat) familiar with each other.....

Just need to fill a few more class specific spots and were gtg. - Plenty of time but - when does 4.3 drop and the 'hurry up and gear up' begin again?
Edited by Drheckyl on 11/17/2011 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/17/2011 11:50 AMPosted by Smellyfeet
Plus, a lot of pugs that form in trade chat down stuff in HM's.

Yeh I've only heard of other servers doing it - having only ever been on Saurfang - it doesn't happen here yet as far as I know - everyones mostly 6/7 working on rag while the main raiding guilds are 7/7 - 3 or 4/7 HM with the (very very few) top alli guilds working on 7/7 HM still. That will change come t13 I suspect - which will make a project such as this easier on this server.... - we shall see.... The things I could run on a HM pug server - very tantilising...

Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
update - sorted out drood I think (potential Resto/feral cat & bear) - to be confirmed - but will have to change the start time for raids to 7:45 pm ST to accomodate... - updated main post to reflect this...

still looking for resto/ele shammy - unless I take on a holy / ret paly instead - one may have to be on standby team.

Still yet to sort out lock + mage with frost OS
Edited by Drheckyl on 11/18/2011 12:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
*Sigh* If only I was available for some of those days, and you needed a tank, etc etc.

I'm attempting to kickstart my own Heroic BWD raid on Saturdays on my server. This Saturday is our first official run. Last week didn't happen because (1) it was a holiday weekend and some people had plans, and (2) Skyrim released, and a couple people...well...got lost exploring the strange new world.

I have a good composition, of people I know are good, so hopefully we'll start to make some progress. I kinda figure we clear BWD of all it's Achievements, then go for BoT or TotFW.

/Salute

Good luck, Sir! And Godspeed.

Alistania, the Insane Blackwing's Bane
Edited by Alistania on 11/18/2011 1:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sounds like a plan Alistania and I wish you the best. If I have anything to offer wrt pug groups - The first session is always the hardest and most unforgiving (all pug groups are so you can not have a fail raid) - keep that group rolling and growing and you will get there - no rush - even if its one achieve per session and your crawling though the same raid lock out for a few weeks - so long as you're hitting goals you're fine. If people need the achieve they will come - and keep comming back.... from there you will develop a team you can trust and that can trust you.
Edited by Drheckyl on 11/18/2011 2:31 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]