Feel like I've reached my skill cap.....

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I will admit that i have heard that HG is good for rags but i havent even seen that fight >.<

The dps added is pretty minor - phase 2 on the molten seed adds. It's not THAT much more damage. Hw glyph is better because it stuns them and stops raidwide damage.

Personally, I have 1 point in HG because I tried running without poj... And to be quite honest, I haven't missed it in the least. If you know where to be, when to be there, and when to move... Honestly the talent is meh for farm content. Nice little perk for learning though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had the same initial knee jerk reaction when they nerfed wog in 4.2. I specced out of it for like 2 weeks... Then looked at the numbers and started tracking it more closely. Id never build a spec without it now (even the bastard child spec I have right now).

It's pretty significant, and pushing into hard mode fights where healer mana is very tight... Gbtl is one of those talents that you really really really should have. Your first kills (since most hard mode 10s are 2 healed) your healers will likely be on fumes with no tricks left on your first kills. Every absorb you can put on yourself is worth it's weight in gold.

Ok, so in that case. I am going to test this out. I think I might be wrong here. If two more people are saying it... how do you use WoG with that talent? If memory serves... I use to spam WoG on myself at times back when it had no cooldown. I can't remember, this whole year has been werid!

I got an opportunity to test it tonight.

What did you use to track it?

Weakauras or powerauras classic will track when it is up.

Don't just mindlessly spam wog. Use it intelligently. Your dps matters as well- especially on hardmodes.

If you know you are going to take a big hit, use wog/gbtl before the hit. Your health won't spike as low - reducing the panic on your healers to top you back up. Think of it as a minor CD that absorbs 40k damage. You just have to plan ~9 seconds in advance of when you want to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Ok, so in that case. I am going to test this out. I think I might be wrong here. If two more people are saying it... how do you use WoG with that talent? If memory serves... I use to spam WoG on myself at times back when it had no cooldown. I can't remember, this whole year has been werid!

I got an opportunity to test it tonight.

What did you use to track it?

Weakauras or powerauras classic will track when it is up.

Don't just mindlessly spam wog. Use it intelligently. Your dps matters as well- especially on hardmodes.

If you know you are going to take a big hit, use wog/gbtl before the hit. Your health won't spike as low - reducing the panic on your healers to top you back up. Think of it as a minor CD that absorbs 40k damage. You just have to plan ~9 seconds in advance of when you want to use it.

Thank you! Let's see how this works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]