need some help killing yetimus yeti lord

41 Undead Warlock
so i am like a brand new player, started playing under a month long now and i am stuck trying to kill yetimus and i cant find people to help me in ravencrest realm anyone willing to give newbie help plz
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Send in your voidwalker. Dot up Yetimus and keep Health Funnel up on the VW. Once you eventually start gaining aggro, fear and nuke. Goodbye Yetimus.

Actually, no you're demonology, send in your Felguard instead.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Sometimes there are quests (marked "Group" or "Elite") that you really aren't supposed to be able to do by yourself. Generally these are not required, ie they are the end of a chain, so skipping them just means you don't get one reward, not that you can't proceed in the zone.

I usually skip Yetimus on most of my normally-geared toons. He hits too hard (or more specifically, the fall damage from his huge knockback hits too hard, and there are no handy walls to use to avoid it). As a Warlock (or Hunter) you have a fighting chance since pets can take a much bigger beating than a player can, but it will still take a lot of practice. Good luck if you wish to try.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The only recommendation I can make is to keep asking the zone for help and maybe you can form up a group, ask your guild mates, or just put off the quest until later and come back and whomp him at a higher level. When I had troubles on that quest, I chose to ignore it and come back later.
Reply Quote
44 Undead Warrior
I am having a similar issue, there's never anyone in the area to do this with and I end up getting smashed by the fall damage. I can get him to around 60% by myself by using yetis to build up rage then just dumping all my attacks at him at once, but once he hits me with the fall damage I'm down to about 30% and from there its just a foregone conclusion.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
12/18/2011 10:03 PMPosted by Deloren
I am having a similar issue, there's never anyone in the area to do this with and I end up getting smashed by the fall damage. I can get him to around 60% by myself by using yetis to build up rage then just dumping all my attacks at him at once, but once he hits me with the fall damage I'm down to about 30% and from there its just a foregone conclusion.

Try fighting him with your back to the mountainside. This will mitigate the fall damage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I came on here look for the kind of info you gave Raimondas. Those are some good tips. Me and my friend are trying to take him down as a team of two warlocks. Thanks.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Warlock
I actually killed him soloing, but he died on the side of the mountain and I could not reach the body to loot it. This was after getting wiped like 20 times, so I just said to heck with it and skipped it. I'm thinking about going back since it's the only quest I've skipped. Kinda still bugs me.
Reply Quote
Have a blood elf hunter at 32 and this forsaken frost mage at 31, nobody around the area to help when I am on and he is brutal. Tried it alone and it did NOT go well. If anyone is on Drak Thul realm amd wants to tackle him with me, please let me know! Kind of becoming a thing for me now, lol!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
06/05/2012 02:22 AMPosted by Daraida
If anyone is on Drak Thul realm amd wants to tackle him with me, please let me know! Kind of becoming a thing for me now, lol!

With over 200 realms, you'll have a much better chance of finding someone in the Drak'thul realm forum, than in a zombie thread that just won't die.
Edited by Drewb on 6/5/2012 6:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Paladin
I managed to get him down to 30%. I served as a tank while a warlock did damage. We will probably be able to kill him with the addition of our hunter friend. P.S. the back facing the hill takes the fall damage back about 10-15 hit points. Doesn't really matter.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Warlock
I did him witha level 26 rouge and my level 25 brewmaster. if you have time and are willing for a wipe he's possible or come back around 28 -30 peice of cake
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Death Knight
Yes he was a bit harder to kill 4 years ago when this thread was last resuscitated.

This thread so old it has a post from me in it on my old forum toon that I stopped playing during Cata!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]