report player afk in bg being abused to much

85 Undead Death Knight
went to av and said zerg van joking and got kicked because ppl reported me can i get a blue post wtf fix that yes botters need to be booted but now ppl are getting kicked just because arguments and other bs cant be social or joke i mean the dam gates werent even up yet and i get a deserter debuff ctfo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
mosdef not kool i see lottsa ppl get kicked thas why i dont even call inc best not to talk at all to many jerks that are the number 1 cryers to top it off
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
it told me type /afk but by the time i hit / i was kicked
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I didn't think it was possible to report someone AFK before the bg started. I have seen a few poeple use the /emote you have been reported AFK type AFK to reset and remove yourself from the debuff.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
that was my wife lol she has her own account but im already logged in but n e who i didnt finish typing it only got the / in
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
she woulda logged but she was in the bg w/o me cause of it
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Druid
11/13/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Murdera

Ahhh is that old nut still around, i almost cried the first time i saw someone do it.
I was O.o, o.O, :D, as i watched half of my AV raid team vanish in a fluff of "xxxx has left the raid"

Good times, however it does disrupt the gameplay. (and against the rules)

However, we have learned that if we type /afk in a BG you get thrown out with a debuff.. Pretty much if you see this message its rubbish. However on the safe side, if you can find some alliance/horde to smash in the face, i'd do it for good measure

Its ALMOST as good as in vanilla standing as a stealthed rogue using /e steals 5 gold from your bag, quick tell a guard! - used to get a bunch of people at the AH with this one :D (not too sure if thats against the rules, unlikely tho.)

Edit - spelling FTW!
Edited by Lilleth on 11/13/2011 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I report people who do

..has reported you as afk, type /afk to show you are not afk..

or whatever.

I believe it constitutes an attempt at denying you service, so that player who emotes that will possibly get suspended or banned.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
And then there is always the "Hey if you hit alt f4 you get 'such and such' effect"
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Ignore hits the entire account, fun to catch people pushing their agenda.

You have plenty of time to get into combat once reported. although in your case, you fell for some very old trollbait that we used to call natural selection, before Blizzard started banning for it, it increased chances of winning significantly when you removed people through it.

Anyways - the fake "afk" thing is bannable, and you know to avoid it in the future, if you get the debuff for being reported AFK, you have plenty of time to find a hordie and attack.

Edited by Asane on 11/14/2011 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I report people who do

..has reported you as afk, type /afk to show you are not afk..

or whatever.

I believe it constitutes an attempt at denying you service, so that player who emotes that will possibly get suspended or banned.

if someone is stupid enough to type /afk they shouldn't be in the bg to begin with
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Bwahahhahaah. Either a 1/5 troll, or you actually fell for that crap. Players state that message, typing /afk is what zones you out of a BG. It's akin to leaving a dungeon party.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
11/13/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Murdera
went to av and said zerg van joking and got kicked because ppl reported me can i get a blue post wtf fix that yes botters need to be booted but now ppl are getting kicked just because arguments and other bs cant be social or joke i mean the dam gates werent even up yet and i get a deserter debuff ctfo

you just deserve it by that joke itself.

omg, people still get tricked by that?
Reply Quote

if someone is stupid enough to type /afk they shouldn't be in the bg to begin with

Ignorant does not equal stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Murdera

From a 3rd person POV I can see why you were removed.

You realize it takes a number of people to remove you right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]