What happened to the good old days? *Removed*

90 Goblin Priest
Removing my entire post since no one seems to look past the fact this wasn't a post to discuss how bad i already know I am at PvP, instead a thread to discuss abilities to the game that I personally feel shouldn't have been added. It was meant as a discussion, but has turned into a /point /lol at the priest who doesn't even heal as Disc or even PvP on a priest. I'll get a better debate while looking down and talking to the floor. Thanks all for your time though.
Edited by Ayanamii on 11/14/2011 5:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Is this seriously coming from the healing class that can regularly top raid DPS charts?
Reply Quote
LOL.

ROFL!.

Wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rose Colored Goggles
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I still lay the smack down on some melee, just gotta kite em around long enough
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Got a picture of a rogue doing 4,294,959,160 in a Battleground healing due to Recoop. Have a screenshot to prove it if you don't want to believe it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Cause the good ole days weren't always good
And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems
- Billy Joel

It's always about perspective. One person's "good" isn't necessarily someone else's and balance isn't about 1v1 though a lot of people like to look at it that way. Every class has their role and may not be as good at one thing as another is, but I can bet your healing is better than that rogue's healing. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
11/14/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Ayanamii
Got a picture of a rogue doing 4,294,959,160 in a Battleground healing due to Recoop. Have a screenshot to prove it if you don't want to believe it.

And in that same screenshot is a priest doing 10,476,389,382 damage and only 283,493 healing...only to him/herself :P
Edited by Sonsim on 11/14/2011 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

No. That's a visual error where a negative number tries to get into an unsigned integer location.

For a rogue to do 4 billion healing with recup over a 30 minute BG, they would need a minimum of 2.4 million health.
Edited by Ehcks on 11/14/2011 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good ole days.
Sometimes it feels like
This world's gone crazy.
Grandpa, take me back to yesterday,
Where the line between right and wrong
Didn't seem so hazy.

~ The Judds
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I am just wondering why pure DPS classes were given heals to begin with. They play that class to pump out damage to an enemy, thus requiring a healer to be near them for when they receive damage. Hybrid classes were meant to deal both, which makes perfect sense to me, I just can't wrap my mind around rogues and warriors with heals. I know I'm repeating myself, but let me get your work e-mail so I can send you this picture of this rogue doing 4 Billion heals in a battleground. Then explain why this is.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I will agree that recoup could be toned down a tad, I've seen BG's where they are close to a million healing, and the ret paladin next to them is slightly lower. It's just the concept is what I don't understand I guess. They get amazing control, burst, and those effective heals. I'm glad to see rogues getting some love though.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/14/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Ayanamii
I know I'm repeating myself, but let me get your work e-mail so I can send you this picture of this rogue doing 4 Billion heals in a battleground. Then explain why this is.

He didn't do 4 billion healing. That's simply impossible. That's a scoreboard error caused by integer underflow.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

That's a bug in the scoreboard code.

It is literally impossible to do healing in the BILLIONS in a single BG. I consider it lucky if I get up to 10 million on my paladin, which is less than 4 billion by ~400 times.

So if the BG is a long AV, let's say 1 hour, that's about 1,111,111 healing per second. Recup heals for I believe 4% of the rogues max health every 3 seconds. Apparently recup ticks for ~3,333,333. This also means that, apparently, rogues have ~83,000,000 health.

Please, use common sense on occasion. Rogues are not currently tanking high end raids (requiring no external healing to boot) so I'm fairly certain that they are not actually doing 4 BILLION healing.
Edited by Manged on 11/14/2011 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The good ol' days aren't what they used to be.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
The rogue heal is a bit out of control, but the other melee classes are fine...well dps druids bear form god mode isn't but that's getting changed next xpac.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]