Free Server Xfers

85 Human Paladin
11/18/2011 04:06 AMPosted by Lital
since Nathrezim Alliance literally had only one other guild with ~1 good player in it,

How sweet. Lital/BG spoke of me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
11/18/2011 02:09 PMPosted by Lital
This is like someone addicted to crack complaining about being in poverty because they spend all their money on crack.

I shouldn't need to pay to move to a quality server when the server's destruction is because other people moved ship.
Your comment is not warranted. Telling someone to shut up on a forum is the most ignorant comment you can make.
Go back to your server and stop posting useless arguments.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
11/19/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Lital
you and others are the 99%

I'm 21 years old.
I am fat.
I can't kill bosses consistently.
I can't get over 1000 rating in 2s, 3s, or 5s.
I am the 99%!
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Paladin
Telling someone to shut up on a forum is the most ignorant comment you can make.

Go back to your server and stop posting useless arguments.

I would comment on the obvious irony here, but instead I'll just say that it's stuff like this that keeps people with functioning brain cells from coming here because the former would be wasted breath since you didn't initially pick up on it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
11/19/2011 11:09 PMPosted by Agnhya
I would comment on the obvious irony here

The purpose to this thread was to complain about the server conditions. I'm justified in coming on here and doing so, because I'm posting in the right context. He however is but telling someone to shut up. How is that irony? Im telling him to go !@#$% in some random troll section, this thread had a purpose. I'm no goat, and this thread in no bridge, troll.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
11/19/2011 11:35 PMPosted by Zuraki
I would comment on the obvious irony here

The purpose to this thread was to complain about the server conditions. I'm justified in coming on here and doing so, because I'm posting in the right context. He however is but telling someone to shut up. How is that irony? Im telling him to go !@#$% in some random troll section, this thread had a purpose. I'm no goat, and this thread in no bridge, troll.

You whined about him telling you to shut up and then did the same to him. The fact that you cannot see the irony in that is a prime example of what is wrong with this server in the first place.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard needs to recognize that our server is dead, and there are many servers out there that share our fate. Something needs to be done to bring all of these small servers together to create a medium to large server.
The PVP prospects are terrible: RBGs are scarce, and decent arena comps are even harder to come by.

The problem with Nathrezim isn't so much the population size, it's the average skill of that population; Andorhal at any given time has less players than Nath, but more superior players, pve and pvpwise.

Directing new players and offering free xfers to Nath don't really help either because they don't ensure that good players will follow. Nobody wants to be the biggest fish in a small tank, and as such "good" guilds and players really have no incentive to move to a place where there's bad recruitment potential and no competition.

The solution's pretty simple though; consolidate the remaining players with talent into two really good guilds that compete in PvE. If you give people a good reason to transfer here, they will, regardless of population size. PvP talent will come through once they realize there's a healthy, competitive community.

The only issue is that the above-par players are scattered across different guilds and are likely comfortable and happy with their current situation. There's no drive for competitive play.
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Paladin
How is that irony?

Hence why I didn't expound upon it; you clearly missed it now so you wouldn't have gotten it then.

The only issue is that the above-par players are scattered across different guilds and are likely comfortable and happy with their current situation.

The only problem is that in terms of Nathrezim, the 'above par' player is a C-. That means a portion of the population is barely passing the class, while the overwhelming majority is either close to failing or are. Sure, there are those who are closer to the top in terms of skill, but that part of the distribution is so small that it's highly likely they wouldn't have a large enough pool to pick from in order to sustain one high-quality raiding/PvP guild, let alone two.

The only solutions from there are for the server to wise up and get good en masse, or just deal with the fact it's a stepping stone server where people stay until they want a better overall experience. However, if people are still going to !@#$% about it, it may take a while for one of those two options to fall into motion.

*It's sad how this is probably the most active thread in the last four months or so.
Edited by Agnhya on 11/20/2011 5:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's been done, they all die.

Yeah that's usually the case, but if they can stick it out for even one tier of content, it'd do some good.

Sure, there are those who are closer to the top in terms of skill, but that part of the distribution is so small that it's highly likely they wouldn't have a large enough pool to pick from in order to sustain one high-quality raiding/PvP guild, let alone two.

O ye of little faith. I know there are a number of good players hordeside (never played alliance on this server) who are good raiders. I've done rbgs with them, heroic content gdkp and hardmode achievements while they were still current content. Despite the stigma against this server, there are diamonds in the rough. Honestly, even if there aren't enough people for two great guilds, I definitely know there are enough for one.

Of course, this is all speculation and I highly doubt it'll ever happen. Wishful thinking is still nice though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Nath alliance had two decent guilds, but the server and playerbase drug them down, the lack of recruitment killed it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
11/19/2011 06:25 PMPosted by Grädor
you and others are the 99%

I'm 21 years old.
I am fat.
I can't kill bosses consistently.
I can't get over 1000 rating in 2s, 3s, or 5s.
I am the 99%!

/applaud.

I was hoping someone would take this to the occupy level.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
11/20/2011 03:05 AMPosted by Lital
PS Ash come join us on Sargeras.

Im actually going to stormrage with EZ button, at some point. Otherwise I totally would.

Well... this char is. Idk what im doing with the other 6 85s I raised on nath.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
11/19/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Lital

How sweet. Lital/BG spoke of me.

I was, actually.

Oh what the hell. I thought I was special :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

I was, actually.

Oh what the hell. I thought I was special :(

You are. Which is, oddly enough, the point.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
UR NOT STEALIN MAH HEALING PARTNER BG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]