How does everyone feel about the MoP...

82 Undead Warlock
...talent trees? I know it's a little soon to pass judgement, but I'd like to see how everyone feels about their current state now.

I'm personally on the fence. They seem unfinished to me, especially the priest tree. For instance Discipline is missing Divine Aegis. For some reason Divine Hymn is Holy only and Hymn of Hope is Disc only. Not to mention you can spec into Archangel, but Evangelism is a passive Discipline spell. I'm looking forward to seeing the final finished tree.

Like I said, I know it's early to pass judgement, but from what you see now how do you feel about the new trees?
45 Human Warlock
I like it. The hardcores may not, but I like it so far. Obviously its unfinished, so I expect some changes to it. But I like the base groundwork.
51 Undead Warlock
I like it as well. Granted is still early and they will change but I like the concept.
100 Night Elf Priest
I just made a post about this. So many core abilities missing...

For priests alone right now:

Priests:

-Divine Hymn is Holy spec only.
-Renew is Holy spec only.
-Mass dispel is not listed as available for any spec.
-Divine Ageis is gone from disc spec.
-Heal and Binding Heal are available for Holy spec only.
-Devouring Plague is not listed as a Shadow spec ability.
-Greater Heal is Holy/Disc spec only.
-Shackle Undead is not listed as available for any spec.

No, I'm not very happy right now.
82 Undead Warlock

Priests:

I noticed a lot of this too, my main is a shadow priest. I know for a fact that the trees are not final. I'm really, really hoping the trees will change. I don't even understand why Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope would be restricted to a spec. I never noticed Devouring Plague being gone, that's got to be a mistake.
100 Human Paladin
As prot pally I'm super excited about getting to spec into Repentance so I have my own cc
It's annoyingly awkward having to determine whether or not I should ask dps to use cc
Oh it's up to the healer... bla bla bla

Finally I can take cc in my own hands.. this is awesome
100 Night Elf Priest
11/23/2011 07:25 AMPosted by Viviantra
I noticed a lot of this too, my main is a shadow priest. I know for a fact that the trees are not final. I'm really, really hoping the trees will change. I don't even understand why Divine Hymn and Hymn of Hope would be restricted to a spec. I never noticed Devouring Plague being gone, that's got to be a mistake.

I don't understand these changes either. I hope they adjust the tree soon or address it in a post somewhere, losing bubble, mass dispel and divine hymn is a huge, huge loss for disc priests.
I like them. I'm finally at a point where I can look at the talent trees and not feel like I have to go look up a cookie-cutter spec. I was starting to feel that way in Cata, but still had that urge to go check to make sure I was "doing it right."

Now, even if someone does crunch the numbers, I'm going to ignore them unless somehow someone in the same gear is out DPSing me by thousands, but I really don't see that happening with the setup they've got.
88 Blood Elf Warlock
Meh, only time will tell. I don't think anyone can safely say whether or not it will be successful in it's stated goals until it's actually finished and being tested out.

Until then I'll hold my judgement and hope it turns out being a lot of fun.
85 Night Elf Mage

Priests:

I'm just hoping that it was an oversight from Blizzard and that they, as usual, rushed something out the door.
24 Tauren Warrior
It almost looks like this is their solution to the hybrid problem the pures were talking about. Remove all healing abilities from Spriests?
85 Draenei Priest
11/23/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Madface
They keep saying we should get "more choice" between how we want to play, but all they're doing is making choices harder. Harder =/= more.

That's arguable.

An easy choice is basically no choice at all.
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm excited for it. I can see the potential. I know there are some talent choices which are obvious for me due to playstyle and a few options that I'll have to see which I like the best.
90 Tauren Priest
I feel as though they are pretty incomplete and that I shouldn't jump to any conclusions yet about anything.
90 Orc Warrior
I clicked things at random and had a good spec.
90 Undead Warrior
I like it.

They took all the mandatory talents for each spec and just said "here" and gave them to us. Then they took other abilities and made some hard choices.

I think I've got 2, maybe 4 points I can throw around without gimping my character. Here I have 6. That's an improvement.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]