Addons breaking for 4.3?

85 Undead Warrior
Anyone know if we to experience 4.1 and 4.2 again with a large number of addons breaking for 4.3?

As far as I know, they're not changing any of the API/handlers, so we should be good to go?
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
From what I've heard, division by 0 no longer "works." If addons used it to store "NaN" values, they will need to be updated. However, I don't think it is that common, so for the most part you should be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Expect some AddOns to need updates to support new features like bag-search or mini-map changes, and addons which do calculations on lots of numbers that could be "zero" (damage meters, time estimates, etc.) to need some updates. But many authors have been working on the Test Realm to update their projects.
* Just make sure you look on your favorite AddOn site for stuff marked as 4.3 compatible and make liberal use of "Load out of date AddOns".
* Be sure to have Lua errors turned on so you know when something is failing, and what AddOn it is.
* Be patient.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Well something is definitely causing WoW to straight up crash on loading into the game, so there's something that's different enough.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Some AddOns aren't updated yet and you will have to be patient. AddOns are written by people just like you in their spare time.

You should be aware that you might have to disable something until it is updated. It's up to YOU, the end user, to do this.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm still early into the "investigation", but it does appear as if a number of things have been removed from the API. Here's what I've found to be suddenly missing so far:

Functions
PaperDollFrameItemFlyout_DisplayButton
MiniMapLFG_UpdateIsShown

CVars
advancedWorldMap

I'll update the list as more becomes known to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Sounds like recount is pretty seriously boned right now, so I'd disable that before logging the first time. I'm sure an update will be out tonight.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Outside of Recount, does anyone know of any addons that could cause the game to not load due to being broken? I use a lot of addons, and it will take a long time to turn them on one at a time to see what is causing WoW not to load.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Mine crashes when I try to enable the old addons,so I might be forced to try and play without them which is TERRIBLE,so I hope I can somehow get things to work..I mainly want my bagnon to work :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
11/29/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Finalflame
Outside of Recount, does anyone know of any addons that could cause the game to not load due to being broken?

So far the only addon I've come across that fails so badly the game won't load is, of all things, FishingAce.
Reply Quote
3 Troll Shaman
11/29/2011 11:46 AMPosted by Finalflame
Outside of Recount, does anyone know of any addons that could cause the game to not load due to being broken? I use a lot of addons, and it will take a long time to turn them on one at a time to see what is causing WoW not to load.

Trying to figure out the same thing. Something other than Recount is keeping me from loading, and when i turned all addons off, I'm fine. I'll report back if i figure it out.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
I have too many addons installed to list them and compare to see if we have some of the same =(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Disable FishingBuddy if you have it. It was the single addon preventing me from logging in.

Pin-pointing it among 50+ addons was fun.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Same addon for me as well Fishing Buddy
Edited by Nellana on 11/29/2011 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
That isn't the problem for me...I don't have that one.
Reply Quote
3 Troll Shaman
Dresser was one of them.
Edited by Eicko on 11/29/2011 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Looks to have been Fubar - Guildfu for me, or one of the modules I have to go with it.
Edited by Finalflame on 11/29/2011 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
FishingBuddy so far was the only deal breaker for me ( 216 non-Blizzard_ directories in my addons folder ). Some minor trouble with Chinchilla due to the LFD functions but three lines commented out of two files brought it back mostly functional.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Be sure to check the WoW Interface AddOn Survival Guide: http://www.wowinterface.com/survivalguide.php
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]