Why aren't players allowed to dislike MoP?

85 Worgen Death Knight
11/15/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Arbiter
What is even the arguement?

From earlier:

Person 1: I don't like MoP because its focused on a race of barrel rolling panda monks that reminds me too much of Kung Fu Panda. Note that I didn't say MoP is ripping off Kung Fu Panda, just that it shares close similarities with a genre I despise. And its not the idea of the panderan that I have a problem with, its that the whole expansion is focused on them.

Person 2: OMG Pandas have been a part of Warcraft since forever and if you like Tauren or Gnomes, then you ABSOLUTELY MUST like Pandas. And the Pandas are NOTHING like Kung Fu Panda. Disliking the pandas because of Kung Fu Panda is UNFATHOMABLE.

Person 2: Oh and also, you are absolutely forbidden to dislike what you saw in the preview of MoP because we haven't gotten the game yet.

Person 3: I really like what I'm seeing in MoP. Especially the Pandas.

Person 2: OMG Me too!!! It just looks totally awesome and its definitely okay to like what you see in the preview without actually playing the game yet.

Person 3: I really like that its so similar to my favorite movie, Kung Fu Panda.

Person 2: *silence*

Person 1: .........

Person 2: How DARE you dislike pandas because of Kung Fu Panda, Person 1!!!!!!

This thread is about why everyone comes out of the woodwork to fling poo at anyone voicing an opinion about MoP that can be so much as misconstrued as negative.

Everyone is completely entitiled to their opinion this is true; however - when an opinion is based on or backed up by a questionable reason; misconception, or pure bs, THAT is when people tend to pipe up.

- I don't like pandas in the game because I think they look dumb. Fair enough;
- I don't like pandas in the game because they are based on an april fools joke and have no place in the World of Warcraft. Well, you can have that opinion, but you would be wrong.

See the difference?

I'm not understanding how feeling like Pandas don't have a place in Warcraft is an invalid opinion. People didn't feel like Draenei belonged, which I thought was a valid opinion. I disagreed, but it was still valid. Pandas are the same thing: I don't think they belong just because they are radically different from anything we've seen before both culturally and aesthetically (arguably).

I think this is just a matter of: "I have a different opinion than you, therefore you are wrong."

Again - it isn't the opinion; it is the basis FOR the opinion.

Continuing your example -
Pandas are the same thing: I don't think they belong just because they are radically different from anything we've seen before both culturally and aesthetically (arguably)

That is an opinion based on personal tastes, likes or dislikes - there is no argument for that opinion, that is a valid opinion. I can't say your tastes are wrong. I could say your tastes are good, bad,picky, astute whatever but I can't say they are wrong.

Thinking pandas don't belong because they were an april fool's joke - would be an opinion based on a falsehood. Therefore hitherto and yon; a bad opinion - or a wrong opinion
85 Draenei Mage
I mean really, you're playing as a werewolf, what makes pandas so much different? People need to grow the **** up.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You're allowed to dislike it, but you've seen a two minute clip and the talent trees. How can you base your opinion on an entire expansion when you haven't experienced it? I'm excited for it, I'm going to give it a chance, and if I don't like it...I can quit.
85 Worgen Death Knight
11/15/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Juniet
I mean really, you're playing as a werewolf, what makes pandas so much different? People need to grow the **** up.

I don't know how many times I have to paint this picture for you people.

As I've said before:

Person 1: I like Zebras, but I don't like the way Sloths look or move around.

Person 2 (you): Omg! How can you possibly like Zebras and dislike Sloths if they both have 4 limbs?!?!? You make no sense at all! It is a FACT that there are no reasons to dislike sloths if you like zebras. You are a complete IDIOT if you like Zebras and not Sloths!!!!!!!!!!
90 Tauren Druid
11/15/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Juniet

Because werewolves are clearly scary and are never childish.

Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPwXsd_7IEM
90 Night Elf Warrior
I think Panda's are stupid, and believe this is just a desperate attempt to retain a sub base with something fluffy.

Pandas had little to do with WoW Lore and came in at the end...when Lore was getting stupid.

With that said...I'm sure I'll play for the Monk class and other things, and the most important thing that keeps me in this game.

The friendships that I've forged over 5 years of gameplay, and being in the same guild for over 4 years.

That is what its about my friends....
88 Draenei Paladin
11/15/2011 08:58 AMPosted by Beneful
This thread is about why everyone comes out of the woodwork to fling poo at anyone voicing an opinion about MoP that can be so much as misconstrued as negative.

You make it sound like people go hunting around for these threads to shout them down. These threads are posted over and over again with the same (lack of) information, and you wonder why the responses get more and more negative over time. If you don't want people to disagree with you, keep your opinion to yourself. If you post it, people will in turn post their dissenting opinion.
85 Human Hunter
I'm not too thrilled with Pandaria either, but I'd rather have Pandaren than another sci-fi romp in Outlands or some other distant planet.

Also, I'd take ANYTHING over another unfinished expansion pack like Cataclysm, so I'm glad we're not going back to Outland or Northrend where Blizzard would stretch their resources too thin while revamping the old world and creating new content, leaving an underwhelming feeling for all of the content.

Does that excuse not using a place like the Emerald Dream or South Seas? Not really, but I'd rather we get to those when the time is right.
Edited by Alzeron on 11/15/2011 9:08 AM PST
85 Worgen Death Knight
11/15/2011 09:05 AMPosted by Lumose

I don't know how many times I have to paint this picture for you people.

As I've said before:

Person 1: I like Zebras, but I don't like the way Sloths look or move around.

Person 2 (you): Omg! How can you possibly like Zebras and dislike Sloths if they both have 4 limbs?!?!? You make no sense at all! It is a FACT that there are no reasons to dislike sloths if you like zebras. You are a complete IDIOT if you like Zebras and not Sloths!!!!!!!!!!

You are playing a werewolf in the SAME GAME YOU WON'T PLAY because of a race, that would be like you flat out refusing to go to the same zoo that you have been going to for years all because they had sloths in it but still had your zebras, you lack logic good sir!

If I liked Zebras and just flatout disliked Sloths, do you think I would be eagerly awaiting the opening of the new section of the San Diego Zoo named: Mists of Slotharia? Probably not. Especially not if that was the only part of the zoo that would be getting updates. At that point, I would consider other zoos.

Logic. Do you see it?
90 Tauren Shaman
Most dislike threads aren't very constructive. We use logical reasoning to disarm the opponents claims.

Opinion- Pandas are kiddy.

Fact- Pandaren have been around since WC3

Facts can be proven.

Just cause they've been around since WC3 doesn't redeem them from being kiddy, they are still just as kiddy.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]