PvP Tournament.

94 Goblin Shaman
Simply put I'm tired of the lack of PvP on this server. Everyone is just transferring off or solo queuing for random bg's or doing a few arenas. The only PvP is from queuing into something or a bit of random ganking against nothing personal.

I've tried doing different duel/2's tournaments in the past. Sometimes they are a success and a decent amount of people show up and have some fun. Other times only 5 people show up.

I want to do some type of PvP Tournament either it can be once again a duel tournament or some set arena style tournament or a different suggestion (possibly bg's if we can get enough people).

I will put up 10k as the starter reward for the winner(s) IF we can get a large turn out. Other people are welcome to add to the pot. What I have done in the past is 50g buy in per person. 1st gets 75% 2nd gets 15% 3rd gets 10%

The point of this thread is simple. Who would be down for doing such a tourny? and what style does the majority want to see?

It's a possibility to include horde and alliance by meeting in dal/shat and doing wargames vs each other.

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
i'd go but im bit less geared than you guys... i wanna have a rematch duel against u without any ally jumping in :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I for one am 100% loving this idea and would love to contribute into the pot as well.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Suddenly, it's destroyed by the out numbering.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Problem with WoW: it's repetitive.

Solution: World PVP.

Problem with World PVP: it's dead.

Solution: Pay people to do so!

Basically... we want to start people back into playing actively and not sitting in orgrimmar waiting on their queues and playing like it was oblivion on the xbox.

<not recruiting> will ensure the value of each attendee of this tournament as each win will get you 100g (not just the final 3 winners). Sciamano will have more details as more of you post on what you want to see done for the event. There will be blood and gold... what else could you want?!

Also, for those of you who have been interested in what we're doing inside our guild. There will be a month long event that starts Thanksgiving and ends Christmas and the winner will be receiving either the Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth or the Mechano-Hog. This is a <not recruiting> only event and will be sponsored by our guild bank. To all you guild members who took the time to read this please start stocking up because one of the 3 parts will be raw material donations to the gbank. The other 2 parts will become public knowledge after Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving Kalecgos!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
This is a <not recruiting> only event

why put it on the forums then? and not just in gchat or gmotd
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
The tournament is public. Read the entire post please!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
To set a clear understanding.
1. @Sciamano has said he will put up 10k gold for the tournament... and whatever others donate.
2. Our guild bank will put up 100g for every win and the entry fee will be donation basis.
3. What do you all want to do?! Let us know please!
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Rogue
imo sounds like fun as long as people dont 1v1 as a healer thats just a big waste of time : /
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Shaman
To deal with healers we set a 10m limit. If the healer doesnt kill the target within the 10 minutes the healer loses. So far no healers have even attempted with that rule but if someone feels like they have a chance go for it. Same rule applies to tanks.
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Rogue
mmmmm tanks gimmie
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
11/22/2011 12:53 AMPosted by Getoutmaface
mmmmm tanks gimmie

But you die to tanks remember?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/22/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Zamarra
mmmmm tanks gimmie

But you die to tanks remember?

SOLUTION!
lol at tank while running away.
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Rogue
pff i dont call blood dk's tank and not my fault he had to use every cd he possible had to win the duel only took like 7 mins xD
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/21/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Sciamano
To deal with healers we set a 10m limit. If the healer doesnt kill the target within the 10 minutes the healer loses. So far no healers have even attempted with that rule but if someone feels like they have a chance go for it. Same rule applies to tanks.

It should be if the dps can't oom/kill the healer in 10 minutes they not only lose but have to delete their accounts.
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Shaman
11/24/2011 08:01 PMPosted by Malakyte

It should be if the dps can't oom/kill the healer in 10 minutes they not only lose but have to delete their accounts.

2 issues with your troll post.

#1. Any half a@@ healer will always walk away winning the tourny.

#2. What about when 2 healers or a healer/tank face each other?

I sit and watch each fight, I'm not going to sit there for 5 hours watching 2 holy pallies duke it out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You guys should host another of these events in a couple weeks time... I could probably bring in a few people and drop a donation to the tourney from my own guild bank if need be :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I'll throw a few Kg's in the pot just to get community going. No interest in participating, though! Will watch or film, however
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]