VP Changes to 4.3 PTR

85 Gnome Death Knight
It seems to be one announcement contradicts the spirit of the other.

On the one hand (valor), you're saying - no guys you have to actually do the highest content in order to get the highest rewards. On the other hand (conquest), you're saying - no guys you don't have to do the highest content - just spam random battlegrounds and brute force your way to the highest gear.

I'd like to ask that you clarify the reason for these two contradictory messages - both announced simultaneously no less. =/

PvP is simply better when the gear gap is ZERO.. Look at the 70s bracket, it's really kicking there, where everyone gets BiS gear by queueing for randoms a few times before hitting 70. Turns into a skill game over a gear game then. The faster everyone is in BiS PvP gear, the better it is for the PvP, unless you're a lifeless scrub who wants to roll people in worse gear than you. (Now if they'd make the PvP weapons not tier...)

PvE is all about progression. It's not a competitive deal. So it makes sense. (Somewhat.)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I have to say I'm mildly confused. I don't see anyone at all happy with this change. You'd think the leet raiders would all applaud this. After all if you don't raid you won't get the latest tier sets (at all). But you can still get some nice stuff (belt/helm) Mind you the 2-piece bonus looks pretty nice (at least for hunters).

As for me I don't care about the valor points because I cap by wed/thurs anyway. ZA/G dungeons are /faceroll at this point. (all you dungeon finder haters are living in the past).

It will take 9 weeks of capping to get all the 397 valor gear on the vendor. I'd have to guess that within 2 - 3 weeks I'll have any/all drops from the dungeons that I want (pending how challenging they end up being).

So 5 pieces of 397, the rest 378 (and easy to get 378 too) within 2 months, without entering a single raid, and then 10 months(?) of grinding raids (finder or guild) to get 3 tier pieces and fill out the rest of my 397s.

G

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
So 5 pieces of 397, the rest 378 (and easy to get 378 too) within 2 months, without entering a single raid, and then 10 months(?) of grinding raids (finder or guild) to get 3 tier pieces and fill out the rest of my 397s.

G

So where are you getting this 10manths from, The 2 months it takes is going to be almost half the Tier if the xpac comes out roughly when Blizz wants it too
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Man, Blizzard must be facepalming so hard reading this .

Blizzard, you will never win with WoW players. Just rollback to vanilla where only 40man hardcore guilds had the legitimacy to have fun in this game.

You know, back in the good ol’ days where T2 hunters two-shotted people in HWL gear in battlegrounds, and 90% of the playerbase played with crap blue gear barely above the ilvl of lvl 60 greens.

Back to the good ol’ days where you needed to relay 3 no-lifers at your computer to farm BGs and gain rank, or spend 20h/week farming mats for the bazillion of consumables necessary to progress in PvE.

Back in the good ol' days where you needed to harass mages in IF/Org because they had the exclusivity on highest level water.

According to this thread, that’s what your playerbase is expecting from you. So why do you keep trying to make their life better?
Edited by Uldrecht on 11/18/2011 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I am in favor of this change because (I hope) it will reduce the entry level expectations for raiding somewhat. If valor is gained slower, less valor gear will be expected when entering a raid, which leads to lower overall gear expectations. I could be wrong about this, but with any luck this will lead to more people experiencing the content than before.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have to say I'm mildly confused. I don't see anyone at all happy with this change. You'd think the leet raiders would all applaud this. After all if you don't raid you won't get the latest tier sets (at all). But you can still get some nice stuff (belt/helm) Mind you the 2-piece bonus looks pretty nice (at least for hunters).

I'm not happier when raid gear is more exclusive. I'm okay with valor not providing tier I guess, it doesn't really effect me what people are able to work towards. The other aspect of it being that all tier tokens are available from raiding I do like, but is unrelated to the valor change.

The largest gripe in this thread from the raiding community is being forced in to doing content that isn't relevant for us to get the upgrades we need for optimal progression. For several classes the valor vendor has direct upgrades for multiple slots, belts standing out for mail/plate classes. Serious raiders will be valor capping, and they'll have to do that with something other than 25 man raids.

The best parallel I can come up with is high end arena players being told they need to do 4 AVs to conquest cap. It's not a huge demand, but it's irritating, and adding a new obligation that previously didn't exist. It's an unwelcome burden, not a large one, but this is definitely the time and place to voice the disappointment many people feel in this change.
Edited by Cleve on 11/18/2011 5:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Please take in consideration that people usually mass quit after a couple of wipes in the first boss.

I've tried doing DS a lot of times in PTR.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Paladin
Drops are already hard to get on 10 mans... I've not seen a hunter polearm drop on my main since i started FL raiding and when it drops for the FIRST TIME, my 88 was outrolled by a 89... And now Blizz is pushing 25 mans on us with the LFR tool which my whole guild has already declined to run it... I really thought raiding was fun... But RNG really destroys my incentive to raid... With raid drops being less and no VP tier gear to depend on raiding... Its gonna be hard to gear up 10 mans already... 25 mans won't do much better either considering PuG raids are most likely gonna fail most of the time... Not to mention that its gonna be much more harder to find people to replace in raiding when someone goes AWOL cause its gonna be harder to gear up for raids...
Reply Quote
I'm an idiot. I should have noticed this from the start because of the two posts. Clearly Blizz wants us to run BGs to get conquest points to convert into Valor Points. lol.

The real thing that's funny is, looking at my options, I may actually enjoy doing that instead.

I would rather do something I enjoy, and not get side perks (valor points), than do something I don't enjoy, and get perks (150 valor points).

Dungeons, especially if they are new, can be fun. A few dozen times and there really is no enjoyment left. Put in some bugs or something, and it's just a reason to unsub at this point.

Molten Front was probably the worst for me. Same thing, every day, for a couple months? If that wasn't purely an attempt to hold onto subscriptions, I don't know what else that was, because it made everyone, and I can speak for everyone on this, absolutely hate Blizz. Every day in vent "god I hate Blizz and these dailies".

You keep giving us stuff to grind, and while I do like grinding on stuff (heh heh heh), it's boring. I can go do some monotonous thing in another game. Start giving us fun things to do. Think outside the box. Look at past content that was a success. Your current strategy to fail slowly isn't working, you're on a super fast fail slide right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Heres a thought make some kind of of "main spec/off spec" loot system for these LFR/LFD systems. I can recall trying to get items from dungeons for my tank set only to see a frost dk hit need on it when hes queued as dps and he wins on the roll kinda disapointing then i have to wait a full day to try for it again and same thing happens again. please look into this. also the new vp system imo is not a great idea. its bad enough that low populated realms(servers) hardly do any raids nor pug any more. I for one am not and will not pay for a server xfer so I have to live with this. but for otheres getting vp gear from doing randoms is rewarding to them.
that being said please look further on what your clients want to be done not what blizz wants to be done. There alot of people out there in this game that didnt like this xpac one bit I my self am one of them Blizzard rushed this xpac due to the game rift being released last year which ment (half rear ended) :D job on the game. class's werent done the way they should have been new races wherent done the way they should have been and so on. So again please look into what your clients(US) want as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
If you're trying to reduce the rate at which valor points are gained why not just lower the cap?

Most raiders will just end up having to run more random dungeons early in tier 4.3 because of this change. We're still going to want cap our VP until there are no more upgrades left.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Oh damn!

I didn't want to use the RRF thing to gear up fast. Now it seems i'll have to, in order to upgrade those items i didn't get in FL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/18/2011 05:25 AMPosted by Hamut
I am in favor of this change because (I hope) it will reduce the entry level expectations for raiding somewhat. If valor is gained slower, less valor gear will be expected when entering a raid, which leads to lower overall gear expectations. I could be wrong about this, but with any luck this will lead to more people experiencing the content than before.

Valor is going to be gained faster for heroics and slower for raids, Therefore this will not lower the expectations at all, its not going to make it take any longer to get the gear its just going to make the raiders who put in the bigger effort that is raiding go back and run heroics to finish off capping their points for the week.

Valor gear will take the same amount of weeks to get no matter how you choose to get your points, Its just stupid to force raiders to go back and do the heroics just to cap their points even when they full clear the current raid.

Not capping your points off doing the hard content and then having to go back to easy content with the some of the stupid people you get from LFD just to finish capping is not fun.
Edited by Alinara on 11/18/2011 7:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]