No punishment for dishonorable Guild Masters

6 Blood Elf Warlock
I am completly upset that there is no responsablity to be held on the Death by Horde Guild Master for selling and disbanning all members of this guild. I spent months working on rep by questing and doing daily's because that guild didnt do many raids or dungeon runs and i was almost exalted with the guild so i could get the mount and to find out i was kicked without warning or option to stay was a complete slap in the face. Not only was the guild disbanded but the name was changed. There are several pissed off players talking about this issue in trade chat and the fact that active players such as myself wasn't given the option stay is highly wrong. If the new master wanted raid players my toon was raid ready and doing raids without the guild already. I am so frustrated with issue i dont know how to contain myself. Hours of game play and monthly payments for this to happen without warning and no cause for my removal as a member. I understand its the GM's right to kick who they want but kicking without warning or reason and for sole personal gain is unfair to hard working players who put the work into a guild to get it to 25. I was in that guild when it was level 13 and helped it grow and now all that effort was for nothing. The GM who does something like this should be band from forming a guild for an entire year on any server. They profit from something while guildies get booted. A warning should always be issed for any sale or trade of a guild and the option to contribute something weather its raid time or dungeon for what ever purpose the new Master is wanting the guild for. Ppl should have the option to stay and raid if they so choose and warnings should always be given before the trade of a guild is complete and if the new GM wants an empty guild then it should be posted in Message of the day for at least 1 to 2 weeks so members can figure out what to do. A complete slap in my face. I know this is a bit QQ but i needed to vent and wanted to see if other people have had this issue before and was anything done to rectify the issue...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I have a question...

If you were with the guild since level 13, how were you not exalted yet?

Other than that, sure, it sucks, but WoW goes on.
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Warlock
I joined the guild at level 83 when it was level 13 and had to do mostly questing to build rep since i couldnt get any guildies to do dungeons or raids. Once i hit 85 i was trying to build up valor for gear and questing took a back seat. Since theres no real rep for doing dungeons without a guild group it takes longer to get there.
Edited by Greylok on 11/17/2011 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
11/17/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Greylok
Since theres no real rep for doing dungeons without a guild group it takes longer to get there.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of being in a guild if your guild doesn't run together?
Edited by Sheevah on 11/17/2011 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
This might seem like a slap in the face, but look at is as a blessing. The guild was going nowhere fast and losing more members than we were getting, it was almost dead. Now you have the ability to go out and look for another guild in which you can raid or atleast find guild groups to grind up your rep faster, do some 2s in a guild group, only takes a couple weeks to get exalted. As stated above life will go on.

As for the fact of not letting everybody know about the changes, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and nobody was expecting it to happen this fast, but it did. With Second Wind dying and the core raid group looking for a new guild to call home, we came up with a deal rather quick. We left everybody in the guild when the transfer was made and told the new guild master it was completely up to him if he wanted to keep or remove everybody.

There are plenty of level 25 guilds on KT that would be more than willing to invite any previous member of Death by Horde. I just spoke with some officers from Raiders of da lost Horde and they said they would invite.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
dont hate fatal
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Warlock
Maybe this is a dumb question, but doesn't it defeat the purpose of being in a guild if your guild doesn't run together?[/quote] True. And the guild was promising more runs but at the time most members weren't 85 and the ones that were wernt active that much. By the time i relized the guild was going no where i had put the work in and was close to getting exalted. Yes life goes on. Like i said just QQ'ing plus Blizz said to post in forums for the Devolpers to read so they might think of a better way to deal with this type of situation and maybe find a better way to disband a guild rather then pull the rug out from under you
Edited by Greylok on 11/17/2011 4:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Warlock
This might seem like a slap in the face, but look at is as a blessing. The guild was going nowhere fast and losing more members than we were getting, it was almost dead. Now you have the ability to go out and look for another guild in which you can raid or atleast find guild groups to grind up your rep faster, do some 2s in a guild group, only takes a couple weeks to get exalted. As stated above life will go on.

As for the fact of not letting everybody know about the changes, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and nobody was expecting it to happen this fast, but it did. With Second Wind dying and the core raid group looking for a new guild to call home, we came up with a deal rather quick. We left everybody in the guild when the transfer was made and told the new guild master it was completely up to him if he wanted to keep or remove everybody.

There are plenty of level 25 guilds on KT that would be more than willing to invite any previous member of Death by Horde. I just spoke with some officers from Raiders of da lost Horde and they said they would invite.
Agreed
Reply Quote
27 Night Elf Priest
honey, devs don't read realm forums.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
OOB
Sometimes people just want to vent.

At best if you get most of your guild members to put in a same ticket a GM might restore the guild. But it would be very hard to get through and you will need almost all of your guild members to put in a ticket.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Theres nothing to restore. The guild still exists the new GM just changed the guild name and booted everyone out of the guild. Which is his right as the GM.

This wont be the last guild sold for profit on this or any server, just find a new guild and move on.
Edited by Taanga on 11/18/2011 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Warlock
11/17/2011 10:11 PMPosted by Missmuffet
Your mistaken
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Warlock
Theres nothing to restore. The guild still exists the new GM just changed the guild name and booted everyone out of the guild. Which is his right as the GM.

This wont be the last guild sold for profit on this or any server, just find a new guild and move on.
Agreed. But there should be a better way to disband a guild rather than no notice at all.
Edited by Greylok on 11/18/2011 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/18/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Greylok
Your mistaken

And you're borderline illiterate. :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
11/18/2011 12:12 PMPosted by Chigurh
Your mistaken

And you're borderline illiterate. :P

No no, a mistaken is a type of Norwegian dish. He's just letting him know the he found one and it belongs to him.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
That explains that post but how in the name of everything holy does that explain the original post? Walls of barely decipherable gibberish like that have been known to cause brain tumors in lab rats. If you can fix that one for me I'll be happy to read it and give my opinion on whatever topic this thread is about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]