@community : 6 bots in 40 minutes

100 Orc Death Knight
Hey fellow Norganites. I've started a little project called 'Bot Hunter' where I fly around and show people using bots on our server. As a player, I've seen this abuse constantly and I think it's time we brought the spotlight to those breaking the EULA.

A lot of us actually spend out time playing the game to gather the materials we need for our raid groups, professions, and leveling, so having scripted programs run around and steal our mats only makes our jobs more difficult. So, without further adieu, here is a link to the vids!

The first episode is a bit lengthy, but it's a first time project as well.

Thanks for your time, and feel free to comment!

*Edit*

I should have also mentioned that the first whole episode is broken up into the 3 segments below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfAXMdEJ-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFsK1TGO7h4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtAS8Z7d_qg
Edited by Linkra on 11/20/2011 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
So what's the next step?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Well, I've obviously got to make these things more interesting, and not 30~ minutes long lol. Probably going to just make highlight reels of busting people, because this does happen everyday.

Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
Imo bots help the economy.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Being an alliance toon, bots probably are great for your economy considering there were 5 alli bots compared to the 1 horde bot in the vid. The Alli to Horde ration on our server is severely outbalanced, so of course having dozens of bots, posting thousands of stacks of mats in YOUR auction house is probably super cheap and easy-peasy for you guys.

However, it's still exploiting the game, directly effecting the economy, and (more importantly) when someone actually goes out in the game to gather resources that they need, it takes them an absurd amount of time for the items to be gathered.

Bots also effect the economy in a negative way because the people using them are generally NOT purchasing other items from the AH. They're simply posting raw materials and keeping the gold, as opposed to what most of us generally tend to do. Farm material, use for professions, and if we do post to sell, it's money we use, usually, to get other items that are unavailable for that toon or account.
Reply Quote
11/22/2011 08:04 AMPosted by Linkra
Being an alliance toon, bots probably are great for your economy considering there were 5 alli bots compared to the 1 horde bot in the vid.

Even so, its helping you too, because if there weren't as many materials out on the auction house circulating, prices would be stupidly expensive. There are more alliance bots because alliance has a higher pop on this server.

11/22/2011 08:04 AMPosted by Linkra
and (more importantly) when someone actually goes out in the game to gather resources that they need, it takes them an absurd amount of time for the items to be gathered.

Yes, but i don't see how that's bad. So what? more competition while you're spending your time you chose to farm? You know that the more people in a zone collecting nodes, the faster they re-spawn? Or do you wish that you could sell your stack of elementium it took you 10 mins to get would sell for 500 gold a stack?

Bots also effect the economy in a negative way because the people using them are generally NOT purchasing other items from the AH. They're simply posting raw materials and keeping the gold, as opposed to what most of us generally tend to do.

Lolwhat? First off, you can't possibly know this at all unless you've done it first hand. I'd imagine the vast majority of botters are botting gold for a reason (Professions, gearing alts, buying w.e the hell they want) which makes your statement (which isn't based on anything really, if it is please show me wrong.) false. I see no reason why anyone in their right mind would gather a ton of gold and let it sit there, just to look at the number in his bags.

ON THE OTHER HAND :
there are people who bot for gold to sell to sites on the internet, which that i do not condone at all.
Edited by Myzerie on 11/22/2011 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Bots do not "help" a server's economy. What they do is put more gold in the hands of players that don't fairly deserve it or those who sell it illegally. The server economy will always balance out due to supply and demand. Farming becomes more profitable, so more players farm. Material cost will rise initially, then fall and level out.
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Rogue
What does it mean when a node is "Tapped"? I just started seeing this recently and wondered if it had anything to do with bots.
Reply Quote
Tapped means someone already mined it for the skill point/exp/volatiles and left the ore there. Or at least that's what I mean when I say it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]