Season 10-11 Transition FAQ and Guide

- World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
So I have answered enough questions regarding this matter over the past few days that I decided it was time to just throw together a quick FAQ for everyone. In addition I have added a few recommendations for how you can best prepare your character for the new season at the end of the FAQ.

Questions answered here:
  • When does season 10 end and when does season 11 start?

• What new gear will be available for honor and when?

• What new gear will be available for conquest and when?

• Will new crafted PVP gear be available?

• What about weapons, whats the deal with those?

• What is going to happen to the conquest points I have saved?

• How much honor can I save for next season?

• What will happen to my various Arena and Rated Battleground ratings?

• How are titles like Gladiator being awarded?

• What will I be able to do in the down week between seasons?

• What's the deal with the new epic gems, how can I get them as a PVP'er?

• Will there be a new Baradin Hold boss dropping season 11 gear?

• How are the rewards from random battlegrounds changing?

• How can I best prepare my character for the next season of PVP?

• If you have any questions not covered here please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them for you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Q: When does season 10 end and when does season 11 start?

A: Season 10 is scheduled to end on Tuesday November 29th. Season 11 should start one week later on Tuesday December 6th. These dates are still tentative and could change.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3566006978

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Q: What new gear will be available for honor and when?

A: When Season 10 ends the existing ilvl 384 Ruthless gear will become available for honor points for one week. When Season 11 begins a week later new ilvl 390 gear will become available for honor replacing the 384 gear on the vendors.

This may seem a bit confusing, but the purpose of the 384 gear being available during the down week is to provide players with a chance to spend their excess honor over the 4,000 point cap on gear instead of having it convert to gold. If you simply want to farm better gear wait until Season 11 starts.

Q: What new gear will be available for conquest and when?

A: When Season 11 starts new ilvl 403 Cataclysmic Gladiator gear will become available for purchase for conquest points. Like the previous seasons there will be an elite version of the gear with cosmetic differences available for players with 2200+ ratings in 3v3, 5v5 or Rated Battlegrounds. This by all indications should be the ultimate PVP set for the remainder of Cataclysm.

The new conquest gear on WoWhead.com: http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=Cataclysmic+Gladiator%27s

Q: Will new crafted PVP gear be available?

A: Yes there will be new ilvl 377 crafted PVP gear available from the various crafting professions.

The new crafted gear on WoWhead.com: http://ptr.wowhead.com/search?q=Vicious#items:0-2+1

Continued in next post!
    Edited by Eldacar on 11/28/2011 6:13 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Q: What about weapons, whats the deal with those?

A: When Season 11 starts the old Season 10 ilvl 378 Ruthless weapons will be available for honor but will require that players first earn a total of 7,250 honor points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them. Additionally new ilvl 396 Cataclysmic weapons will become available for conquest but will require that players first earn a total of 7,800 conquest points in Season 11 before they will be eligible to purchase them. There will also be new ilvl 410 Elite weapons available for conquest points plus the turn in of the applicable 396 weapon, these elite weapons will require players to earn a total of 15,700 conquest points in season 11 and have a 2200+ rating in 3v3, 5v5, or Rated Battlegrounds before they will be eligible to purchase them.

During the down week between seasons the 378 ruthless weapons are available for honor, but require that you earned at least 7,250 honor during Season 10.

Q: What is going to happen to the conquest points I have saved?

A: When Season 10 ends all conquest points will be converted into honor points, even if this puts you above the 4,000 honor point cap. During the down week between seasons you can spend the excess honor (the honor above 4,000) if you choose to. If you do not spend your excess honor it will be converted into gold when Season 11 starts at the rate of 35 silver per honor point over the cap. It's important to note that while you have 4,000 or more honor you will be unable to earn more until you spend yourself below 4,000.

If you already have full 384 gear and don't want the gold, a good alternative is to convert the excess honor into justice points, you can then convert the justice points back into honor when season 11 starts after you have spent some of your saved honor on new gear. It's important to note though that this conversion has a cost to it on both ends, 375 honor gives you 250 justice points, and then converting back 375 justice points gives you 250 honor, still it's an additional way to "store" extra honor above the cap.

Q: How much honor can I save for next season?

A: You can only directly carry over 4,000 honor points into the new season, however by using justice points as an additional means of honor storage as I mentioned in the previous question you can effectively store an additional 2,500 honor, for an effective total of 6,500.

Continued in next post!
    Edited by Eldacar on 11/29/2011 11:33 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Q: What will happen to my various Arena and Rated Battleground ratings?

A: When Season 11 begins ALL PVP ratings will be wiped, this includes matchmaking rating (MMR), team ratings, personal ratings, and Rated BG ratings.

Q: How are titles like gladiator being awarded?

A: Titles like gladiator are being awarded exactly the same way they have been in previous seasons. Players in the top 0.5% of active teams on the Arena ladder for their battlegroup in 3v3 and 5v5 will receive the Gladiator title and a unique flying mount. Players in the top 3%, 10% and 35% of the same ladders and brackets will earn the titles Duelist, Rival, and Challenger respectively. Players in the top 0.5% of active players on the Rated Battleground ladder for their battlegroup will receive the Hero of the Horde/Alliance title.

For more information on how titles are awarded I recommend visiting this thread on Arenajunkies.com: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/83070-requirements-for-gladiator-title/

Q: What will I be able to do in the down week between seasons?

A: You will be able to participate in random battlegrounds and wargames (wargames dont count for anything or earn you anything). Rated Arena matches and Rated Battlegrounds will not be available during the down week.

Q: What's the deal with the new epic gems, how can I get them as a PVP'er?

A: These are the pre-cut BOP gem's that are available for 750 conquest each:

Blue +63 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Hit +25 Resil
    Green +32 Spell Pen +25 Mastery
    Green +25 Crit +32 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Haste +32 Spell Pen
    Green +25 Resil +37 Stam
    Green +25 Spirit +25 Resil
    Green +32 Spell Pen +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Agility +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Strength +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Parry +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Expertise +25 Resil
    Orange +25 Intellect +25 Resil
    Purple +25 Intellect +32 Spell Pen
    Yellow +50 Resil

Q: Will there be a new Baradin Hold boss dropping season 11 gear?

A: Yes there will be a new 10/25 raid boss named Alizabal available in Baradin Hold after the start of Season 11. She will have a loot table similar to Argaloth and Occu'thar but will drop T13 raid gear and Season 11 PVP gear instead of the items from previous seasons.

For more information about Alizabal visit the WoWpedia page for the boss located here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Alizabal

Q: How are the rewards from random battlegrounds changing?

A: In patch 4.3 the daily random battelground reward is being changed to reward 100 conquest points for a win (up from 25), additionally every subsequent random battleground win after the first will reward 50 conquest points. There will be no limit to the amount of conquest points you can earn this way up to your weekly conquest cap.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670888

Continued in next post!
    Edited by Eldacar on 12/6/2011 4:20 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Q: How can I best prepare my character for the next season of PVP?

A: My personal recommendations on how to prepare your character for Season 11 are as follows:

• Buy your PVP head and shoulder enchants now, that is 3,000 honor you can farm and spend on your next season gear right now. If you build more than one set of gear for different specs you can buy and save multiple sets of enchants and save yourself to the need to farm them next season, this is a great thing to during the down week.

• Max out your justice and honor points, combined they will give you 6500 available honor points to buy new gear with in Season 11.

• Complete your daily random BG win every day during the down week. During the season 9-10 transition conquest points that were earned during the down week from the random BG daily and from valor to conquest conversions DID carry over into season 10. That of course may change this time, but right now I am operating under the assumption it will work the same way. It's unclear if patch 4.3 will be released the day season 10 ends or the day season 11 begins, so the change to random bg rewards may or may not be in effect during the down week. If they ARE in effect you should be able to farm out a full conquest cap worth of conquest points that will carry over into season 11. If the changes are not yet in effect during the down week you can still get the 25 conquest points per day from the random BG daily, and you should be able to farm your valor cap through heroics which you can then convert into conquest for extra points to start the season with as well.

• Buy all the gems and enchants you need now, that way when you buy a new piece of gear you can gem and enchant it on the spot, throw it on and hop right back into the queue to farm more honor.

• Complete the "Victory in Tol Barad" weekly quest, and turn it in after Season 11 starts. You can still only complete this once during the first week of Season 11, but it will provide you with a quick 200 honor boost without the need to actually fight the battle. Just make sure you spend some honor before you turn in the quest!

• - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you found this FAQ and brief guide helpful, if you have any questions I did not answer please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them for you. If you have any additional suggestions for how players can best prepare themselves for Season 11 please post them as well!

Sources:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3566006978
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595670888
    www.wowhead.com
    www.wowpedia.org
    The Public Test Realms
    Edited by Eldacar on 11/27/2011 7:38 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight
    Alot of great questions answered! Thank you.

Sucks I just hit 85 and now its back to annoying random Battlegrounds >.<
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin

I love random BG's, I do them for fun even when I don't need honor lol. Just enjoy yourself and don't get frustrated when you have a rough game. =)
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Paladin
    Q: How much honor can I save for next season?

A: You can only directly carry over 4,000 honor points into the new season, however by using justice points as an additional means of honor storage as I mentioned in the previous question you can effectively store an additional 2,500 honor, for an effective total of 6,500.

Haven't checked recently but doesn't 250JP convert to 375HP?

Therefore 4000JP=6000HP?
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Haven't checked recently but doesn't 250JP convert to 375HP?

Therefore 4000JP=6000HP?

Nope, it costs 375 JP to buy 250 honor, and 375 honor to buy 250 JP. Converting either way costs points.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight

I love random BG's, I do them for fun even when I don't need honor lol. Just enjoy yourself and don't get frustrated when you have a rough game. =)

Very true, now if everyone would learn that there would be a lot less "omfg you all suck" kind of people. Which gets old but I think its funny when more than half the time they are near the bottom of damage/healing with the least bonus honor.
    Reply Quote
    77 Blood Elf Warrior
    Answered my questions. I never thought about buying enchants for next season. Thanks for the info
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Mage
    thanks for the guide, i guess i can start getting two head and shoulder enchants, both for HP and Conquest gear as i like to buy my trinkets first
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warrior
    I wish you'd posted this two weeks ago.

Another fun tip: If you win TB, but don't turn in the weekly quest, you can hold onto it, and turn it in when the next season starts, for a nice 200 honour boost.
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    I wish you'd posted this two weeks ago.

Sorry =/ Had other projects demanding my attention.

Another fun tip: If you win TB, but don't turn in the weekly quest, you can hold onto it, and turn it in when the next season starts, for a nice 200 honour boost.

Great tip!
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Great post!

Thanks for taking the time to put it all together.
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Great post!

Thanks for taking the time to put it all together.

Thank you, and you are welcome! =)
    Reply Quote
    5 Troll Warrior

Very true, now if everyone would learn that there would be a lot less "omfg you all suck" kind of people. Which gets old but I think its funny when more than half the time they are near the bottom of damage/healing with the least bonus honor.

Probably because they're doing things like defending the Farm/Stables that everyone else abandoned to fight in the roads or defending a flag carrier while people zerg around midfield.
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Probably because they're doing things like defending the Farm/Stables that everyone else abandoned to fight in the roads or defending a flag carrier while people zerg around midfield.

There are certainly important ways you can contribute to battlegrounds that don't show up on the meters. I think Vanz was just saying that often the players that are complaining the most are also contributing the least, and this has been my experience as well. There are some situations when you have time to talk while doing something important like guarding a node that's not being attacked, but the majority of the time if you are taking time to complain and berate people in BG chat that is time you could be using to do something productive instead.

I have no issue with players that try to help their team by communicating useful information and recommending courses of action for the team in BG chat. But there is really nothing good that can come from whining and berating your team mates, if you are frustrated blow off steam on the enemy, not your own team. Anyways this is probably a topic for another tread, I would rather not derail my own post.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Death Knight
    Great post. You can also get your head and shoulder enchants thru the TB quatermaster by doing the TB dailys.
    Reply Quote
    86 Troll Priest
    This should be at the top
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]