Season 10-11 Transition FAQ and Guide

85 Night Elf Hunter
This guy needs to be a MVP always has good stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Nice post
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
*Edit* And so with a mighty push, Blizzard published a blog that did exactly this!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3992149 */Edit*

Kudos to Blizzard!

--------------------------------------
This is great, though players shouldn't have to put something like this together. This is exactly the type of content that the new Battle.net forums were designed to provide through blog posts. This FAQ should be in the Patch 4.3 guide:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964559/Patch_43_Hour_of_Twilight-11_22_2011#blog

Thank you again for taking the time to put it together.

Happy gaming,

Boz
Edited by Bozanimal on 11/29/2011 9:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
This is great, though players shouldn't have to put something like this together. This is exactly the type of content that the new Battle.net forums were designed to provide through blog posts. This FAQ should be in the Patch 4.3 guide:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3964559/Patch_43_Hour_of_Twilight-11_22_2011#blog

Thank you again for taking the time to put it together.

Happy gaming,

Boz

While I do understand where you are coming from keep in mind the CM's are a very small team that is extremely busy. There are just a handful of them that are responsible for interfacing between the developers and millions upon millions of subscribers. They cant do everything they might want to due to simply not having the time to do it all.

I think FAQ's and guides like this are a great way for the community to help itself out. All this information was already out there, it just needed to be compiled in an easy to read, easy to understand format. That's not something we need Blizzard to do for us, that's something we can do ourselves as players to help each other out.

The more we help each other with things like this, the more time the CM's can devote to reading our feedback, bringing it to the Dev's, and helping to improve the game.
Edited by Eldacar on 11/28/2011 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin

You got your wish ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/28/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Eldacar

You got your wish ;)

Congratulations on your MVP status, bud. :)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Congratulations on your MVP status, bud. :)

Thank you Xexyz, I just hope it enables me to help more people here on the forums =)

Reply Quote
Thanks for the guide.

Thought it was going to be another week until patch, so I had to scramble to get my points sorted out. Found all the info I was looking for here.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
While I do understand where you are coming from keep in mind the CM's are a very small team that is extremely busy. There are just a handful of them that are responsible for interfacing between the developers and millions upon millions of subscribers. They cant do everything they might want to due to simply not having the time to do it all.

I think FAQ's and guides like this are a great way for the community to help itself out. All this information was already out there, it just needed to be compiled in an easy to read, easy to understand format. That's not something we need Blizzard to do for us, that's something we can do ourselves as players to help each other out.

The more we help each other with things like this, the more time the CM's can devote to reading our feedback, bringing it to the Dev's, and helping to improve the game.
*Edit* The following thoughts from yours truly no longer applies. Blizzard posted an update on the season end with the release of Patch 4.3: Good move, Blizz! */edit*

---------------------------

This is a very thoughtful response, and congrats on your MVP status: It is well deserved!

That said, I do not agree with your conclusions, above. There are giant posts for armor retrospectives and previews, but there is no official explanation of how the period between seasons is being treated, how items will be adjusted, etc. What players can glean is found in assorted blue posts here and there in various threads (and again, thank you for compiling this information). Imagine if Blizzard released 4.3, made all the Valor gear available for Justice points, and a week later adjusted the item level upward!

I'm not a sore or bitter player; my comment is only to this specific instance. Considering the outcry from the last season transition, I would have thought a clear, official communication regarding the transition would have been better integrated into either the Patch Notes and/or Patch Preview Blog. The season changes could also easily have been addressed in a more public location. It makes me feel marginalized as a casual (considering a more hardcore) PvP player.

This is not to detract from what you have done here; sorely needed and I am deeply appreciative, but I felt your thoughtful, constructive comment warranted a response.

Happy gaming,

Boz
Edited by Bozanimal on 11/29/2011 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Congratulations, and well-deserved!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Gratz noob. ALL hail Eldacar. A god walks amongst us now.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
Gratz noob. ALL hail Eldacar. A god walks amongst us now.

We swore to never speak of the beige backpack incident again!

Congratulations, and well-deserved!

Thank you =)

This is not to detract from what you have done here; sorely needed and I am deeply appreciative, but I felt your thoughtful, constructive comment warranted a response.

I appreciate your honest and thoughtful response, I understand how you feel but just try to remember that everyone wants more blue attention and they can only do so much. Anyways there is no reason we cant continue to help each other as much as possible =) I am going to keep posting guides as much as my RL will allow, I have got a long list of subjects I want to write about, just going through it one at a time.

Edited by Eldacar on 11/28/2011 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
thank you very much. Took a 4 month break and forgot how the transition was handled last. Much appreciated.

Although ive gotta say, with the patch hitting the same day as the season ending, im disappointed that there is still the week of 384 for honor.

Normally the patch hits after the season ends doesn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sticky PLEASE
Reply Quote
Thanks for compiling and presenting the info Eldacar.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Q: What's the deal with the new epic gems, how can I get them as a PVP'er?

A: Unfortunately these gems will only be available from raids, meaning if you want to acquire them as a strictly PVP player you will need to get them from raiders via the auction house or other trading. Given the limited quantities these gems will be dropping in and the fact that the raiders getting the gems will themselves need them you can expect to see them going for extremely high amounts for a good while after the patch. Don't plan to get many of these for a few months unless you are a raider or exceptionally wealthy.

i had a gm confirm that epic gems would have a small chance to be prospected from pyrite ore so i stock piled up. did they change this? or was the gm i spoke to misinformed?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]